2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (1 Viewer)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i was just at a youth leadership camp thingy and there were trampolines where we were staying, and this asian guy got on and started jumping then yelled out "i'm having lots of fun!"

I always wondered what time they switch over to breakfast at the 24 hours maccas. Or maybe he just a had a cheeseburger and chips for breakfast?
i've known them to be pretty negotiable. when its the early hours of the morning i've been served breakfast and non breakfast foods.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The quirk of my day: a bird keeps flying into my window. It then comes up close to the window and proceeds to peck said window.
Haha! That's so cute.
I have many a bird-smashing-into-window story but my favourite was when I watched a bird fly smack-bang into the window and it left this filmy white residue on the window in the exact shape of it's body and wing span :D

The flipside to that was when one flew in the window and fell backwards with a flop and a broken neck :(

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
Haha! That's so cute.
I have many a bird-smashing-into-window story but my favourite was when I watched a bird fly smack-bang into the window and it left this filmy white residue on the window in the exact shape of it's body and wing span :D

The flipside to that was when one flew in the window and fell backwards with a flop and a broken neck :(
eww was it water or something? ahh yeah a bird flew into the window and broke its neck once, so i buried it. RIP birdy

em_516

bludging..
HSC
How did you mean water anyway? Lol. It was just dirty bird..stuff..that was left on the window. We left it there for ages for lulz (the bird was fine ps. :p).

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Omg so we are. Thank you for announcing that :p

God I wish I was asleep right now. Fucking heat.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Sydney is the hot today.

The dudes that jump around in the chinese lion dancing suit thing are my heroes.

What's plans for long wknd guys?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ha, 'long weekend'. Ha. :(
Newie is the hot also. So gross.

What are you doing in Syd?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Ha, 'long weekend'. Ha. :(
Newie is the hot also. So gross.

What are you doing in Syd?
Chinese New Years celebrations with the gf lah.

Going to night markets bit later, and will be home tomoro arvo/night.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ooh sounds fun! Shame about the heat though :S

Whoa I think it's haaaaaaailing <3 (or ridiculously heavy rain)

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
How did you mean water anyway? Lol. It was just dirty bird..stuff..that was left on the window. We left it there for ages for lulz (the bird was fine ps. :p).
i dunno; i was picturing a wet mark like when you hrw a wet tennis ball against a wall...

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Well, today is not hot hurrah!

And my funny is from work today. I was serving a little greek lady on registers and she bought some kitchen stuff and a chocolate bar. I was about to tell her how much it was when she says

Lady: "what about those other nickers"
Me: *confused* "ah, sorry?"
Lady: *looking past me* "the nickers over there"
Me (wondering why she wants underpants from the service desk): "sorry, im not sure what youre after" .. at this point i decide to turn around and notice 2more snickers bars on the service desk behind me "Ohhhh, Snickers!! Right, um i think they are for someone else, sorry!"

It was quite amusing.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Loler, though that's also quite weird too :S
I wonder if she just didn't know the name well enough and couldn't see the packaging clearly to say it correctly..or if she knew what it was and just physically couldn't say the word!

Your mention of a greek person and the fact you're obviously a check-out chick makes me think of when I worked at Woolies way back when. This old greek guy used to seek me out because I usually caved in and gave him a discounted bag of lychees or whatever. I used to find him a little creepy but figured he was harmless. The day he touched me on the shoulder was the day I put my foot down and he stopped getting discounted fruit haha. Seedy man :mad1:

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Mmhm i think she just couldnt say the word.. I love accents.. endless misinterpretation and giggles :p

Your guy sounds creepy. I used to have this French guy come find me to help him pick out things for his house because he'd just moved here (i do floor service also..woot multiskilled).

Anyway, indirect fruit story. Since im stupid - we were talking about getting cramps in ones feet (which hurt like a bitch i might add), and a friend suggests "water and bananas" and im like wtf why would you mash up water and bananas to put on your feet!!? His response, "you should know that miss nutrition", yes you consume said items, not make an exotic foot gel out of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)