2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPPPlatypus

HSC
mod B + BOSTES = gg no re essay Q's :haha:

i swear i'm never happy with my discovery essay lol

LOL YE, I'm pree happy with my creative as well haha :) what's yours about if you don't mind disclosing?
Oh man. I need to discovery how to write a better discovery essay ;)

My creative- kind of imagine like the Book Thief but not (wow much vague)- need to figure out how to adapt it. How about yours?

SIDE NOTE- help a noob out- how do you add an avatar and a sig?

PPPPlatypus

HSC
v funny lol :p

it's pretty much about this dude who's at a campsite during the night who ventures into the dank forrest (is scarred crapless coz the forrest iz evil af), finds the spare LED light which provides the pathway back to the campsite and then realises dat lyf iz gr8. tbh, this sounds rly simplistic, but if you read my actual short story, you'd be lyk "dis iz sum d33p sh1t" hahaha

see the top bar of your bos page? click on settings --> find the far left column which says my settings/my profile --> under that there's edit avatar and signature and the rest should be ez :)
That sounds super d33p already. Man I just couldn't bring myself to write about like everyday things.

Do you use generics?

Thanks, what a bro :). I have seriously been wondering how to do it

Drsoccerball

HSC
lol do you actually like hamlet

yeh, I'm surprised at how poignant simple things in life can be used in stories :haha:

as in, for essays? if that's what you mean, yes I do, but I still need to refine them a bit more (esp. for discovery, gg). wbu?

no worries :D
Are you from the eastern suburbs :L?
EDIT: NO Sarcasm

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Damn I hope you get better soon, and just not to add any pressure, but I hear that ruse has their trials first week back so good luck! :)
hope you get better!
but don't worry, have a relaxing, light study even in bed. Added with loads of rest and soup!
y'all warming up my diseased heart <3

I think it's just a terms worth of pressure exploding all at once after I finally got a good nights sleep

PPPPlatypus

HSC
yeh, I'm surprised at how poignant simple things in life can be used in stories :haha:

as in, for essays? if that's what you mean, yes I do, but I still need to refine them a bit more (esp. for discovery, gg). wbu?

no worries :D
Yeah like for English essays. I mainly just memorise techniques and then adapt on the day but I don't feel like I get to show my best essay writings skills.
I'm just scared that if I have a generic then i won't be able to adapt :(

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
In relation to discovery , there are some over lapses with the two AOS, so I think you all can reuse old notes and tweak it .

Ekman

HSC
lol do you actually like hamlet
Im not going to lie, Hamlet is an awesome text, but the marking criteria is the only reason why I hate mod b.

However the motorcycle diaries is kind of dry for me.

PPPPlatypus

HSC
Im not going to lie, Hamlet is an awesome text, but the marking criteria is the only reason why I hate mod b.

However the motorcycle diaries is kind of dry for me.
Motorcycle Diaries was cool in the beginning but then it was like 'the bike broke down' and 'oh wow a rock'

Mod C is ruining my life worse than mod B right now

Ekman

HSC
nah, I tried that for my recent AoS generic, cept I got slammed by my tutor haha

so it probs doesn't work lol

my thoughts exactly

also, could I PM you for help on eco? you see to be a pr0 and I need clarification of concepts haha :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Don't flatter me, im no pro at eco..

Go for it anyway, but I haven't properly studied for it yet but I can try helping you. (English is literally ruining my life :( )

Last edited:

Ekman

HSC
you seem to know your stuff judging from what you've posted on the eco forums rofl

oh rly? so have you spent just your time studying english and maths properly? :haha:
Hahaha not really, I just do a maths question once in a while, but I mainly do English as I rather not risk it using up my time when next term starts as im absolutely horrible when it comes to studying English (im a major procrastinator...)

However I am slowly starting to study eco, and hopefully I can make answers that have a lot of detail to them, for the eco threads.

HSC
Wd everyone for english? Feel like I need to redo everything but not sure if the best approach.
Get what you have so far and organise it under the syllabus points then see if they can answer some past questions
Right now, I'm getting my strongest ideas organised because my essays previously weren't good enough

Thunderstorm

HSC
Get what you have so far and organise it under the syllabus points then see if they can answer some past questions
Right now, I'm getting my strongest ideas organised because my essays previously weren't good enough
You're talking about the Modules yeah? I'm starting with Discovery creative, need to compose an alternate story of some sort succeed 10/15 :/

Scrapped everything started again doing short story first im 500 words in
What are you basing your story on? Generic creative? A past question of some sort..?

Chris_S

HSC
The Tempest is ruining my holidays along with module B - speeches :evilfire:

astroman

HSC
The Tempest is ruining my holidays along with module B - speeches :evilfire:
haha same, hate english but i didn't do bad in mod a considering it was my most hated module, i ended up with a 14/15. Worst english is prob aos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)