Alcohol, what it can & cannot do.. (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
CoffeeBeans said:
what would u do if ur gf/bf hooked up with or even slept with another person while they were really drunk... ?

would you forgive them? or just breakup?
Ild have to breakup with them, unless they were taken advantage of, but if they were the one who instigated it, then shes goneskis

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
ive forgiven but i didnt forget, you really cant let that shit go no matter how much you want to, it tends to ruin everything from that point on cos you just donbt trust the person as much anymore. its cheesy and cliched but trust is everything and once thats gone it spells the end for a relationship pretty much

im sure it could be repaired through counselling and considerable effort but who could be fucked at our age.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
chris has been drunk enough to not know what he's doing and still keep me in mind.

i dont particularly think alcohol is an excuse. it can be a factor, but saying "but i was drunk!" doesn't help anything. more so how sorry or how much of an effort he will make to patch things up.

I'm not sure what I'd do, but I hope I wont get into that situation any time soon.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
i'd be pretty upset but it wouldn't definitely mean i'd break up with him
If ur bf slept with someone else, u wouldnt drop him?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
chris has been drunk enough to not know what he's doing and still keep me in mind.

i dont particularly think alcohol is an excuse. it can be a factor, but saying "but i was drunk!" doesn't help anything. more so how sorry or how much of an effort he will make to patch things up.

I'm not sure what I'd do, but I hope I wont get into that situation any time soon.
Yes ur so right, alcohol doesnt change who u are, it just sometimes brings it out in ppl, or makes them not think right

alby

cool duckie
HSC
if he kissed someone - depends how 'drunk' they were, how much i liked/loved him & how long we'd been together
if he slept with someone - most likely dump him..dont think i could forgive and/or forget that

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
i dunno ur_inner_child, alcohol has completely different effects on different people
that doesn't hit the point if say you confessed to me you locked lips with someone, and you kept saying "but i was drunk! i was DRUNK!!!"

I've seen to many relationships (from other people) go to the shit cuz the person who cheated kept hiding behind the fact they were drunk. You gotta look beyond that stuff....

you're meant to run around and go *barry white voice* "no but baby, i love you... i don't know what I'd do without you. I'm so sorry, I just feel so shit now. How could I have done this to you?" etc....

or something along those mushy lines.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I have no idea what i would do. Hopefully i would never have to know.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah, i know innerchild, its actually happened to me. and while i still dont know if i respect the excuse of drunkenness, i do know that in SEPERATE situations, ive seen people turn into COMPLETELY different personalities under the effects of alcohol, in particular if theyre drinking stronger shit like absinthe or that greek stuff (i forget what its called)..(edit just remembered its 'uozo')..., and especially if theyve mixed spirits etc with other types of drinks. i also think in general men have a lot less control over their own physicality /sex drive than women if yr speaking in regards to guys -

so i think its really not as simple as to say 'alcohol isnt an excuse', cos basically theres a million different kinds of people out there who have a million different kinds of effects from alcohol. and i HAVE seen people go fucking mental on it.

HSC
i don't know, i can't generalise .. it would depend on the situation. but i think the excuse of being too drunk is bullshit. no-one's forcing you to drink to the point of not being able to handle yourself.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
CoffeeBeans said:
what would u do if ur gf/bf hooked up with or even slept with another person while they were really drunk... ?

would you forgive them? or just breakup?
I don't think I could continue having a realtionship with them, I'd breakup with them.
Cheating is cheating, and thats it.. no excuses.. I wouldn't be able to trust them again, I'd feel really hurt and upset.
Once a person cheats they will probably cheat again(i'm not saying everyone does it again,some people might learn from their mistakes)

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
alcohol should not be used as an excuse for erratic or stupid behaviour, unfortunately there are often cases in driving where an accident occurs, and the person gets off coz they were intoxicated and therefore werent under normal body control...or sum shit like that....

alot of society seems to think that alcohol (at stupidifying amounts) is an excuse 4 dumbass behaviour...which it isnt, it gets carried over and ppl expect others 2 forgive them because "they were drunk and didnt know wot they were doing"

load of bullshit, i'd get rid of them....

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
errr....i like alcohol, but not in huge doses....3 drinks in 2 hours gets me relaxed n happy..(not tipsy/ditsy/blaa blaa)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I've been really really drunk before but have I have always known what I was doing and was able to make decisions. Alcohol is an excuse for being stupid, but not cheating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)