Alexander (SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

bong_head

Alexander

Has anybody seen this movie yet? I HATED this movie. It just dragged on and on to the point where I was happy to see the movie end.

Alexander the Great - perhaps one of the greatest conquerors in the world and he was gay. Who would have thought?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Thanks for the spoiler there:mad:! Anyway, I haven't seen it yet but I am pretty sure I will go and see it. The previews make it sound a lot like "Troy":).

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I saw Alexander as well. I didn't like it either. And I don't think Angelina Jolie is what you call mother material for this movie - she's too young to be playing the mother of a 33 year old guy when she herself looks that age as well. Although on the bright side, Colin Farell did a good job at portraying him. And I take my hat off to Rosario Daswon for baring it all in the movie as well.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
nicko88 said:
I saw Alexander as well. I didn't like it either. And I don't think Angelina Jolie is what you call mother material for this movie - she's too young to be playing the mother of a 33 year old guy when she herself looks that age as well. Although on the bright side, Colin Farell did a good job at portraying him. And I take my hat off to Rosario Daswon for baring it all in the movie as well.
She is a mother in real life. Well, an adopted mother.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
bong_head said:
I HATED this movie. It just dragged on and on to the point where I was happy to see the movie end.
I agree. And it was kind of rambling and incoherent. Actually, it reminded me of a tv documentary, especially the credits. Did anyone else really not like the soundtrack? (It sounded like Vangelis, who I can live with for Blade Runner etc. but it just seemed weird for this movie).

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Daemontreu said:
I agree. And it was kind of rambling and incoherent. Actually, it reminded me of a tv documentary, especially the credits. Did anyone else really not like the soundtrack? (It sounded like Vangelis, who I can live with for Blade Runner etc. but it just seemed weird for this movie).
OMG! Yes, I hated the soundtrack. I don't think the whole choir thing worked for this type of movie.

Jumpman

HSC
Thanks for the spoiler there! Anyway, I haven't seen it yet but I am pretty sure I will go and see it. The previews make it sound a lot like "Troy".
spoiler? read a history book.

and if it is like troy then it probably sucks

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol yeh troy being gay is kind of.. a historical fact that most people know about. angelina jolie plays the mother ? wow.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I saw the movie a few nights ago and actually I quite enjoyed it. Although it did drag in some parts, I really found the battle scenes breath taking and realistic. Especially the last one. Colin Farrell suited the role of Alexander and I especially liked the part about the close relationship he has with his friend Hephastian (sp?). The costumes/landscapes/scenary were amazing, makes me wish I could have lived in that time! A few memorable moments here and there... but the thing which met its downfall was most likely the 'homosexuality' theme, long monologues, some miscasts, and the fact the movie itself was rather too long. Perhaps 40 mins of it should of have been edited out... meh anyway I'd like to watch it again. I found it far more interesting than King Arthur or Troy.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
1 of the worst movie of d year.. the battle scences.. my poor eyes, the camera was vibrating lk hell... and the fact that they portrayed him lk a fag, i was supprise

rumour

HSC
bong_head said:
Has anybody seen this movie yet? I HATED this movie. It just dragged on and on to the point where I was happy to see the movie end.

Alexander the Great - perhaps one of the greatest conquerors in the world and he was gay. Who would have thought?
Was it better than Troy?

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Troy WAS good. It was better than this movie anyway.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Worst Movie of 2004/2005 Summer.

rumour

HSC
nicko88 said:
Troy WAS good. It was better than this movie anyway.
And I was going to watch this movie on friday, lucky I didn't!!

Cause if it is worse then Troy...it must be really really bad!!!!!!

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
ugh.... troy and king arthur were both equally BAD. and brad pitt is ugleh ! eric bana kicks his ass..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)