Already know their results... (1 Viewer)

mm87511

HSC
I saw our BOS on channel 7.. :eek:
but i feel tat the news is critisizing Bored of Studies somehow..by mentioning the Real boardofstudies..correct me if i am wrong :eek:

fpunk

hhahaha bogus BORED OF STUDIES
big bright logo on Channel 7 news....
...great advertisement!

LazyBoy

HSC
not really. besides even if they did all they would have to do is claim ignorance and say that they thought they were on a genuine BOS site. (the hacker in question used a BOS template for the illegal website).

secondly i very much doubt they would be able to prove who it actually was because the page in question is a dynamic page. the contents of that page does change but IP logging of that page is by the page name and the static contents. therefore theres no telling weather the person got the secured page, or the real results page. unless there IP logging system is more robust then i imagine.

thirdly there is a very complex question on weather the students did anything illegal. as hacking is not an oppropriate word for what happend. the students in question used a javascript vunrability in the website. The 'hackers' script basically just told the BOS website to display this by placing the correct variables in the query string in the url. At most this is a violation of use of the students online site. With that said i cannot find an acceptable use policy, the students in question have done nothing wrong.

This is my understanding which could be completely wrong.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
of course it will.....hopefully bos will learn a lesson for next year

timrie6

HSC
N/A
LazyBoy said:
not really. besides even if they did all they would have to do is claim ignorance and say that they thought they were on a genuine BOS site. (the hacker in question used a BOS template for the illegal website).

secondly i very much doubt they would be able to prove who it actually was because the page in question is a dynamic page. the contents of that page does change but IP logging of that page is by the page name and the static contents. therefore theres no telling weather the person got the secured page, or the real results page. unless there IP logging system is more robust then i imagine.

thirdly there is a very complex question on weather the students did anything illegal. as hacking is not an oppropriate word for what happend. the students in question used a javascript vunrability in the website. The 'hackers' script basically just told the BOS website to display this by placing the correct variables in the query string in the url. At most this is a violation of use of the students online site. With that said i cannot find an acceptable use policy, the students in question have done nothing wrong.

This is my understanding which could be completely wrong.
You did it, didn't you

dprs

HSC
hahahah

I saw the channel 7 report. They were being a bit dramatic - it WAS Mirc where the link was intially posted, NOT Boredofstudies - stupid news... "bogus"

its not like anyone thinks THIS site is the REAL board of studies site.... what stupid sensationalist crap

LazyBoy

HSC
i did get my results but i was further down the food chain, i can just explain how it happend because of my background in web development. Id love to know who did it though, i do give credit to the person.

LazyBoy

HSC
nice and averagly. Band 4 in everything. and Band 5 In STd English which is kinda an acomplishment (well bloody exellent considering i cant spell)

timrie6

HSC
N/A
well done. I'm jealous. I want my results, now

pungpui

HSC
hey since like bout 100 ppl got their results, while the other 66000 od students havent, shouldnt it only be fair to release them all right now?

coz right now i feel pretty discriminated against...or im just BLOODY NERVOUS TO GET MY RESULTS!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)