alternatives to not making acst (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
6 yrs....it is too....lets leave that aside:)

here are my preferences....i think this is how i will keep them:)

1 Bachelor of Commerce - Actuarial Studies at Macquarie University
2 Bachelor of Business Administration/B Commerce - Accounting at Macquarie University
3 Bachelor of Applied Finance/B Commerce - Accounting at Macquarie University
4 Bachelor of Commerce - Accounting at Macquarie University
5 Bachelor of Business Administration at Macquarie University
6 Bachelor of Applied Finance at Macquarie University
7 Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Commerce at University of Sydney
8 Bachelor of Commerce at University of New South Wales
9 Bachelor of eBusiness at Macquarie University

Last edited:

Rahul

Dead Member
i was talking to my dad, and since he is a pessimist he is getting me to look at the possibilities if i am unable to transfer to acturials.
i have a question about accounting, when you finish the degree, do you become a chartered accountant? the course description says that the CPA accredits them. if i do accounting till the end(small possibility) i want to come out as a charted accountant, do i have to do some kind of course to become one or does the degree 'make' me one?

i'll ask on the MQ forums aswell:)

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by flyin'
(If you don't want to shot yourself after one semester of Accounting, then you'll stay till the end, no problems. But I just have to say, any more Accounting and I'll crack... Now that I've gotten that out of the way. :))

(You need a GPA of 3 to transfer. Which means a Credit Average. If you work ridiculously hard, there is no reason why you can't manage a GPA of 4 because most of the subjects that'll hurt your GPA are Actuarial subjects which you can't do (until after you transfer) besides Accounting where people who work really hard sometimes on manage a Credit.)

I'm not actually sure about the situation with Accounting. (Although, from memory, the Accounting bodies do recognise the degree from MQ, but I think you might still need some work experience and possibly a couple of external courses.)
there are 9 words that arent in brackets() :p

secondly, when i said if i do accounting till the end as a small possibility, i was referring to the fact that i will make sure i will transfer.:)

how recognised are acturial degrees? like, can you get a job straight after uni?

Rahul

Dead Member
haha *flyin' is obsessed with 'birdie'....oh boy i'm in trouble* ;) :p

i just want to make sure that i will be well set if i complete the acturials degree. that is what i want to set as my goal in the next 3/4 years.

ricenoodles

HSC
which MQ forum are u guys talking about?

and flyin', do u know what happens to the dropouts of acst?

SoFTuaRiaL

accounting .... *shudders*
Originally posted by flyin'

[You can transfer to UNSW and do ACTL there because it's 'easier' to graduate there and not competitive. :p ... that one's for Da Monster]
U SHOOOOSH U

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
CPA is certified practicing agent, CPA and Chartered accountants are the 2 main accoung professional bodies.

I used to think actuaries dropped to accountants. But some of the dropouts ive spoken to have gone to commerce.

Rahul

Dead Member
oh ok, malachite, will you be able to answer my question from before? :)
Originally posted by Rahul
i have a question about accounting, when you finish the degree, do you become a chartered accountant? the course description says that the CPA accredits them. if i do the accounting degree then i want to come out as a charted accountant, do i have to do some kind of course to become one or does the degree 'make' me one?
flyin' said that you have to do external courses....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)