alternatives to not making acst (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
what are the hours involved in acturials?

*worried*

how does that compare to the other commerce- with a major subjects?

SoFTuaRiaL

at nsw, its only abt 2 hrs more than other commerce majors .... thats only for 1st yr tho, after that, i dno ....

N

ND

Originally posted by SoFTuaRiaL
at nsw, its only abt 2 hrs more than other commerce majors .... thats only for 1st yr tho, after that, i dno ....
When you talk about hours, is that per week or fortnight?

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by SoFTuaRiaL
not more than 11-12 hrs a week ... and yes, its hrs in terms of hrs/wk
wow! i thought it would be 20+, like engineering. how many hours do you do for eng/acturials?

SoFTuaRiaL

MOD - SPAMMING !!!!!!!! :p

well, engg at unsw is 23-24 EXCEPT for seng which is around 18. so my degree is abt 16-17 hrs a week, 17 this session.
next session onward, i overload, so it'll be more. but otherwise i'd expect abt 18 hrs every session. but thats only formal hrs, u tend to spend a lot more hrs outside that doin assignments and grp meetings.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by flyin'
At MQ, the usual timetable means (from memory) - 15 to 16 hours in Semester 1... and 18 to 19 hours in Semester 2, although the majority only go to about 16 to 17 hours.
thats not that bad...i'm happy with that:)

*hopeful*

HSC
hey wat do u guys think will be better for me 2 do
if i cant get straight into bcomm shoud i do b arts at maq and then attempt to transfer OR do bcomm at UWS and attempt to transfer from there into bcomm at maq ?

Rahul

Dead Member
since you are here flyin', what was the avg gpa needed to possibly transfer to acst after 1st yr? it was credit if i remember correctly, no?

the cut in places is going to affect acst greatly i heard, the cut off may be 98-99, from the original ~97+

aspect

Originally posted by Rahul
how much are the normal commerce hours?
at unsw its about 13-14 hrs of classes in first year

most people would probably only go to 11-12 ish of classes, i mean sometimes lectures just suck

doing actuarial adds another 3 hrs in first year because of the maths course, so about 16ish if you go to everything (haha)

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by flyin'
I would be extremely surprised if the UAI cut of exceeded 97.5, in all honesty, for just the single degree. And atm, they have already over-enrolled ACST by ~10%, so cutting places won't make too much difference. However, the double degrees might rise a bit more, but that doesn't matter.
thats good news...for some :p
Originally posted by aspect
at unsw its about 13-14 hrs of classes in first year

most people would probably only go to 11-12 ish of classes, i mean sometimes lectures just suck

doing actuarial adds another 3 hrs in first year because of the maths course, so about 16ish if you go to everything (haha)
lol thanks :D

ricenoodles

HSC
i remember reading in the paper that they were going to stop over-enroling this year, hence more places being cut.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
but hey i have some "good" news. job prospects for actuarial grads atm is shitehouse. So maybe that'll lower demand for the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)