Another reason why god doesn't exist (1 Viewer)

loverboy

HSC
To all u anti catholic people out their it is not the actual catholic priests which are performing these sexual acts that u keep refering to but other christian priests. And for all u people that say that the church should move with the times well that is utter bullshit as catholic church was founded by God and so their for his teaching can not be changed. And if you doupt tht Jesus Christ was the son of God well then think about the Shroud of Turin and all the other miracles performed over the last 2000 or so years

K

katie_tully

To all u anti catholic people out their it is not the actual catholic priests which are performing these sexual acts that u keep refering to but other christian priests. And for all u people that say that the church should move with the times well that is utter bullshit as catholic church was founded by God and so their for his teaching can not be changed. And if you doupt tht Jesus Christ was the son of God well then think about the Shroud of Turin and all the other miracles performed over the last 2000 or so years
1. Who told you it's not Catholic priests performing the sexual acts. All you need to do is type in sexual abuse and the Catholic Church in Google and you've got yourself a million hits.

2. What other Christian priests? Which other branches of Christianity

3. Shroud of Turin, LOLZ LIKE THE FENCE POST THAT LOOKED LIKE THE VIRGIN MARY, OR THE TOAST THAT LOOKED LIKE MARY?

4. The Church has changed numerous times over the past 2000 years, to say it hasn't and to say God's teachings have never been altered is ridiculous.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
loverboy said:
I found an interesting picture, is this you?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x263/snaykew/Random/Cat/Canthearyou.jpg

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean about it being bullshit moving on with the times. If you want to follow the bible literally, no one's stopping you. Go stone some people to death, see what happens. :D Also, the church has changed quite a few times. If it hasn't changed, why can you even read the bible? ^__^

jimmayyy

HSC
haha i really didn't think i needed an explanation why you are an idiot, but if i must...

katie_tully said:
sydney morning herald - what a great newspaper. reliable, unbiased. wow, you really have started with a credible source

I hate the Catholic church for many reasons,
apart from this, what are the other reasons?

but I think the gross misconduct of its clergy is the biggest reason.
should read "the gross misconduct on the part of a minority of its clergy**. sweeping generalisations and stereotypes, ahoy!

Nobody can tell me these are isolated incidents and only a small number of priests and clerrgymen molest children,
unfortunately for you, this is actually the case. put down the number of clergymen in the church and the number of abuse cases proved. then match up, and see how the numbers stack up. until this happens in every chuch, its not widespread.

I don't buy it.
can't swallow the truth that your opinion is misguided and ignorant? fine

I think it's widespread
proof plz? o wait, ur opinion is infalliable. k.

and the fact the Church tries to cover it up
yes, im sure these peadophiles are hiding in st peters basillica. old benedict himself has some hiding out in this closet. *rolls eyes*

FYI, the church as a whole (from the pope, the only real representative of the church as an insitution have condemned this action, ex communicating any clergy found guilty of wrong doing.

or protects its own
yes, how terrible is it of an business like the catholic church wanting to protect its own and keep some good PR in this day and age. they are bad bad men.

disgusts me.
god forbid the institution that civillised most of the known world and is the corner stone of our western society, descended from jesus himself, should offend you.

I also think
theres that infalliable opinion again.

it's totally unnatural for a human being to abstain from any sexual activity for the duration of their lifetime.
ur scientific degree plz? o wait, just the opinion thing again. m'bad.

Is this what compells them to be paedophiles?
yes, i'm sure that by EVERY priest taking what he considers to be a moral obstination from an act in his lifetime is what compells these few to be scumbags.

PS im a commited athiest, but your original thread was just a biased, ignorant hatred filled attack with little evidence to back it up. they ARE isolated incidents, just face it. you also fail to take into account the great amount of charity work the catholic church does. i think very little of organised religion as whole, and yes, sure, the catholic church in general has done some terrible, terrible things, but it also gives millions of people hope, care and a reason to live. its saved the lives of thousands. to hate it simply cus u think preists touch little boys? rather narrow minded of you, I THINK.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
That's right folks, humans do not have a natural tendency to reproduce. We are actually clones.

HSC
And if you doupt tht Jesus Christ was the son of God well then think about the Shroud of Turin and all the other miracles performed over the last 2000 or so years
LOL U BELIEVE THAT IS COMPELLING EVIDENCE?

*LOLZ*

K

katie_tully

sydney morning herald - what a great newspaper. reliable, unbiased. wow, you really have started with a credible source
Uh...I don't get how this wasn't a credible source for the basis of this argument. The link was merely to direct people to a highly publicised story, if the SMH isn't 'unbiased' enough for you, I encourage you to read the others. I don't know what bias has to do with this, considering that this argument is not political in nature?

apart from this, what are the other reasons?
I am not going to rehash my reasons for the sake of you. If you want to know you're free to trawl through the 'Does God Exist' thread for my previous posts on this matter.

should read "the gross misconduct on the part of a minority of its clergy**. sweeping generalisations and stereotypes, ahoy!
This thread isn't about the misconduct on the part of a minority. It's about the Catholic Church. If you look at the American Catholic link I posted, you will see that 7% of Catholic Priests in America have been accused of molestation. Thats 7% we know of, thats 7% of reported cases. IN AMERICA ALONE. Statistics provided by a Catholic organisation.

unfortunately for you, this is actually the case. put down the number of clergymen in the church and the number of abuse cases proved. then match up, and see how the numbers stack up. until this happens in every chuch, its not widespread.
Seven hundren million dollars from one Church. The link dealt specifically with ONE CHURCH. If you would like me to trawl the internet for the thousands of other related cases, by all means I will. I would like to see your argument then.

proof plz? o wait, ur opinion is infalliable. k.
LOLZ, infallible just like your spelling.

yes, im sure these peadophiles are hiding in st peters basillica. old benedict himself has some hiding out in this closet. *rolls eyes*

FYI, the church as a whole (from the pope, the only real representative of the church as an insitution have condemned this action, ex communicating any clergy found guilty of wrong doing.
How big of him. A response that would have been expected from everybody. Coming from the same guy who refuses to condone the use of condoms to prevent sexually transmitted diseases.

yes, how terrible is it of an business like the catholic church wanting to protect its own and keep some good PR in this day and age. they are bad bad men.
This seems to contradict your earlier argument that paedophilia in the Church is not an issue. What is there to protect if, as you claim, this is not a widespread issue? Good PR. As if that matters, you fucks are so ignorant and blind you'd follow these morons over the edge of a cliff before thinking for yourselves.

god forbid the institution that civillised most of the known world and is the corner stone of our western society, descended from jesus himself, should offend you.
It what? I'm sorry, did you just claim that the Church CIVILLISED MOST OF THE KNOWN WORLD? LOLZ, DARK AGES ANYBODY, BURNING OF WOMEN AT THE STAKE FOR 700 YEARS? LOLZ, THE INQUISITION, LOLZ. You get my point. The western world became civillised because it distanced itself from the Church.

ur scientific degree plz? o wait, just the opinion thing again. m'bad.
I am doing Medical Science. If you like, again, I can post you various Scientific Journals on the issue of human sexuality?

PS im a commited athiest, but your original thread was just a biased, ignorant hatred filled attack with little evidence to back it up. they ARE isolated incidents, just face it. you also fail to take into account the great amount of charity work the catholic church does. i think very little of organised religion as whole, and yes, sure, the catholic church in general has done some terrible, terrible things, but it also gives millions of people hope, care and a reason to live. its saved the lives of thousands. to hate it simply cus u think preists touch little boys? rather narrow minded of you, I THINK.
YOURE AN ATHEIST. CONGRATUFUCKINGLATIONS. I was raised a Catholic, up until the age of 15 when I decided it was a crock of shit and a corrupt institution.
The Church does fuck all charitable work. People do charitable work in the NAME of the Church.
lolz, it's saved thousands of lives. Yeah? How many millions has it destroyed.

This argument of mine lacks substantiation? Thats because it's the 500 millionth time I've argued it, and I am not rehashing an argument from a previous thread. The point of this was to debate WHY PRIESTS BECOME PAEDOPHILES.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Miles Edgeworth said:
Please don't tell me you also believe Mother Teresa performed miracles.

Urk...
Listen you heathen, look at all the witches we burnt during the Dark Ages! If we didn't burn them, heretics would be running amuck all over the joint! Hell, during the inquisitions, we had to FORCE people to admit their heresy. It's the only way to redeem them.

Lulz am I a convincing Catholic?

K

katie_tully

The Inqusition. Get it. A&R bookshops. Michael Baigent & Richard Leigh. Compelling read.

HSC
Hey guys... I don't want to give the ending away but if you're interested here's the spoiler:
GOD DOES NOT EXIST

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
The Inqusition. Get it. A&R bookshops. Michael Baigent & Richard Leigh. Compelling read.
But I'm too lazy to read any books unless it's a fantasy series. :(

K

katie_tully

but thats not what we're debating. i want to know why catholics priests are a bunch of filthy fucking paedophiles.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Snaykew said:
That's right folks, humans do not have a natural tendency to reproduce. We are actually clones.
You condemn homosexuality as unnatural and defend the stoning of women: you're a bigot.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
I lol'd when the Pope decided to spit on all the Protestants of the world

Way to take a step backward in social harmony/tolerance and all the good stuff.

woo.
Holy crap. I don't see this guy doing much good as the Pope. :/

EDIT:

Hm, basically disowning the non Catholic Churchs because they do not bow to his authority.. Reinstating latin mass which includes badmouthing the Jewish people.

I guess people will be less attracted to the Church once this guy just goes mental and demands inquisitions.

Last edited:

jimmayyy

HSC
katie_tully said:
This thread isn't about the misconduct on the part of a minority. It's about the Catholic Church. If you look at the American Catholic link I posted, you will see that 7% of Catholic Priests in America have been accused of molestation. Thats 7% we know of, thats 7% of reported cases. IN AMERICA ALONE. Statistics provided by a Catholic organisation.
amount proven? churches will pay off anyone these days, just like any other big corporation, whether they are the guilty party or not simply to keep this sort of court. its not an admission of guilt. and besides, 7% is still a fucking isolated amount if u spread it over the 93%.

LOLZ

It what? I'm sorry, did you just claim that the Church CIVILLISED MOST OF THE KNOWN WORLD? LOLZ, DARK AGES ANYBODY, BURNING OF WOMEN AT THE STAKE FOR 700 YEARS? LOLZ, THE INQUISITION, LOLZ. You get my point. The western world became civillised because it distanced itself from the Church.
rofl way to zoom in on actions that happened hundreds of years ago, still thinking they are topical today. i admitted myself that they have a horrific past, but they aren't still doing it today. without the church there never would have been the expansion into other parts of this earth as there was. Christianity made Europe what it is today.

YOURE AN ATHEIST. CONGRATUFUCKINGLATIONS. I was raised a Catholic, up until the age of 15 when I decided it was a crock of shit and a corrupt institution.
The Church does fuck all charitable work. People do charitable work in the NAME of the Church.
lolz, it's saved thousands of lives. Yeah? How many millions has it destroyed.
so the whole institution is guilty by association? pathetic. same sort of poster who replies with "ALL MUSLIMS R TERRORISTS LOLZ", i guess? and PS. people did all that fucked up shit in the NAME OF THE CHURCH, just like you said.

WHY (do) PRIESTS BECOME PAEDOPHILES.
if u just wanted an answer to that, why bag on the church for the entirety of ur original thread, then pose a question in the last line? clearly, u wanted a reaction from people willing to oppose views are ignorant as the one you originally espoused in that first post.

ANSWER: the same reason all the other people become one - they are fucked in the head. lets look at your stastistics. okay, say that whole 7% of accused preists are guilty. in fact, lets double it for all those poor little boys too scared to come forward and tell mummy and daddy father joe touched his naughty place, lets say that 14% of catholic priests are pedos. now, what percentage of total pedos will they constitute? i'm guessing somewhere below 10%. you are attempting to draw a conclusion between church policy and the crimes of a few (whatever number you put on it, anything under 20 percent is still not very many) that doesnt exist. if there was the link you claim (that being celebate encourages pedophelia) then all priests would be touching little boys. as far as you have proved, they are not.

Last edited:

jimmayyy

HSC
katie_tully said:
How the fuck is this light and offbeat?
i think ur_inner_childs definition of it means that if it can't turn political, its light and offbeat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)