Any 2010 hopefuls? (2 Viewers)

Spluff

HSC
I applied for B Science/Laws but at this point I'm not entirely sure if I want to go to ANU (I guess that's the Canberra effect).

spazamataz

HSC
How nice was the little christmas card?
I've got arts on my preferences, and i've applied for Burgmann. But i might even drive there everyday, its only 1.5 hours or something, and the accommodation promise seems good.
I think i'll keep trying for wollongong though, i kind of have a prejudice against canberra (oh and they can't drive!)

jooyang91

HSC
I've applied for Comm/Law at ANU..
Hope.. I get the required ATAR~!! :cold:
But are people at ANU lenient with the cut-offs...
Like the course I've applied for requires 95.85 ATAR..
And if I was to get say... 95 ATAR..
Would I still be a good chance??

vtfan

PG's M Crew
HSC
Hello, if you're determined to go to ANU or have it down as one of your choices.

What are you planning on studying? What accomodation options are you considering?

I'm really hoping to get into International Relations which had a cutoff of 88.1 last year, so fingers crossed, and Burgmann is my first choice for accomodation. Plus the mini wardrobes are nicknamed TARDISes so that really excites me and I really really hope that I get in :D
Oh my god. That's that. I'm most definitely going to ANU now. :D

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
lol the tardis is just a mdf box, with shelves on one side, and a rack for coats etc on the other. sorry to burst your bubble, but its not a life changing experience :p

vtfan

PG's M Crew
HSC
lol I know. I just get excited at things like this. :rolleyes:
I was planning to attend ANU anyway. :)

gingerwitch28

HSC
Same here. I got seriously excited when I heard about that.

I think I may cover mine in blue paper :p Because I'm a geek like that...

stmorrison

HSC
Got an offer for a BVA!! really excited. 1st pref is Ursula. Any opinions of what its like?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I've applied for Arts/Science as my 1st preference, and I think I've got Science/Law, Software Eng and a few other ANU preferences as well.. Put my accommodation application in this morning, Ursula Hall is my 1st pref.

gingerwitch28

HSC
Hello, if you're determined to go to ANU or have it down as one of your choices.

What are you planning on studying? What accomodation options are you considering?

I'm really hoping to get into International Relations which had a cutoff of 88.1 last year, so fingers crossed, and Burgmann is my first choice for accomodation. Plus the mini wardrobes are nicknamed TARDISes so that really excites me and I really really hope that I get in :D
Well so much for that... I didn't get in to Burgmann...

tazraz

HSC
Well so much for that... I didn't get in to Burgmann...
Hey I didn't get into Burgmann either! I also want to do International Relations and now I have no idea where I should stay?? Getting rejected two days before getting my ATAR is not ideal.

HiddenDragon

HSC
How do you both know you havn't got into burgmann yet? Did they contact you?

freaksoutalot

HSC
so burgmann is already full up? thats kinda weird, or do u mean burgmann early entry is full.... not that it bothers me Im a johnsies pref boy

HiddenDragon

HSC
oh yeah i got the email as well.... sigh oh well

so burgmann is already full up? thats kinda weird, or do u mean burgmann early entry is full.... not that it bothers me Im a johnsies pref boy
No, the email makes it clear that they are filled for 2010, my guess is that they had very few places for 1st years. Not to worry though ANU has its accomodation guarantee.

Last edited:

gingerwitch28

HSC
Hey I didn't get into Burgmann either! I also want to do International Relations and now I have no idea where I should stay?? Getting rejected two days before getting my ATAR is not ideal.
Ergh, tell me about it. It's made me feel like my ATAR and course aims won't work out either! My second pref is Ursula, but my school gave me my reference late so I'm going to scan it and email it to Burgmann anyway, just in case they have people reject leading up to January. Yesterday was not a good day after hearing that news. I was so excited for 2010 and now it all feels crap :(

HiddenDragon

HSC
Well i was 50/50 burgmann - bruce so i really hope i can get into bruce now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)