B Business B computing (1 Viewer)

nizmo

nizmo
HSC
I dont understand why the UAI for this course is not in the 90s. I would expect it to be alot higher than 84.00. I mean there is such great demand for this area in industry. Does any1 know the reason for this?

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Well...

The B Business B Computing is a four year course; whereas the B Business course is a three year course- there is greater demand (student application wise) in the second. Think about it this way- people don't want to spend another year wasted in uni over entry into the workforce.

Those who are smart will know that it is 1 year only, and a similar course in another university would take an extra 2. They would also know that application in computing gives you the skills to know the information side of such systems i.e. accounting and finance programs which are good to know.

If you are aware.. the IT industry has been declining in demand since the .com boom though. This has seen computing degrees lower in applications and UAI cutoffs dropping. All this contributes to a lower UAI for the double degree than the single one. If the B Business B Computing course had higher demand, obviously it will be shifted above the ~90 UAI needed for B Business.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
There are a fair amount of places in this course as well, which has kept the UAI lower than usual. This year might be a bit different though, since they have standardised the IT side of this course with the single IT degree meaning that all IT courses now share the same subjects.

I did this course and I finished it last year (2006).

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
jasee said:
There are a fair amount of places in this course as well, which has kept the UAI lower than usual. This year might be a bit different though, since they have standardised the IT side of this course with the single IT degree meaning that all IT courses now share the same subjects.

I did this course and I finished it last year (2006).
Yep.

nizmo- btw it is called Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (C10219) now.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Oh that is cool that its a standard across the board. However it won't have an internship year. Different now because apparently the B Computing course seemed to be a bit easier before and many people were using it as a way of getting into B Business at UTS.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
lil_star said:
Oh that is cool that its a standard across the board. However it won't have an internship year. Different now because apparently the B Computing course seemed to be a bit easier before and many people were using it as a way of getting into B Business at UTS.
Those who want to use B Bus B Comp as a back-entry will have to go through UAC anyways- because B Bus B Comp belongs to the IT Faculty and B Bus belongs to the Business Faculty. No easy internal transfer for them (or so I believe).

I hate those people tho. They tend not to work in Computing subjects and it makes it impossible for group work.

Tsubasa

HSC
I got an offer for this course with a uai of 75. =.=

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Wow.. the uai cutoff must have fallen again this year..

Waiting for SMH delivery to check it out.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
My mistake- BusComp has a cutoff of 84 and Bscit has a cutoff of 80. No change from last year.

Joe-E T

HSC
Well im a non-school leaver. I recently completed a year doin a Bachelor of Arts @ ACU. I was offered a Bachelor of Business @ UTS, Kuring-gai campus, and took it. However, my first preference was B Business/B Computers @ UTS. It has a cutoff of 84.00, compared to the 85.00 of B Business. I was wondering if maybe because i didn't submit a personal statement, my chances were lowered....
Im gonna try in the late round anyway..
But does anyone think this is the reason why..

joolee

HSC
Tsubasa said:
I got an offer for this course with a uai of 75. =.=
uts lies

thats why julie's transferin to unsw =)
hope they don't lie

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
joolee said:
uts lies

thats why julie's transferin to unsw =)
hope they don't lie
how does uts lie julie? =O

and i thought you were transfering to usyd =/

joolee

HSC
ive noticed many bscit / bbusbcomp people have had a lower uai than the cutoff mentioned on the uac site. they all got in the course in main round too =/

and yeh i was plannin to transfer to usyd.. until i went to that old building on oday n gee, it looked haunted. went straight home n changed preferences =P

JTN

HSC
how are people getting in with such low UAI's, i didn't get in and i got 83.9, 0.1 off what they said was the cut off. I'm so confused, i really want to get in and now the only hope i have is in the late round but i really don't know anymore.

I got into engineering that they said the UAI was 85, it was my 2nd choice after BBusComp. ARRRRGGGGHHH

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
JTN said:
how are people getting in with such low UAI's, i didn't get in and i got 83.9, 0.1 off what they said was the cut off. I'm so confused, i really want to get in and now the only hope i have is in the late round but i really don't know anymore.

I got into engineering that they said the UAI was 85, it was my 2nd choice after BBusComp. ARRRRGGGGHHH
failure of the UAC system, coruption of the UAC system

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Blame those who get into Bus/Comp that don't want to do Computing and are just using it as a "back-entry" into the Business degree.

joolee

HSC
JTN said:

my guess is that the people with low uais that got into bbusbcomp have done business and/or some computing subject at highschool with an o.k mark durin hsc. dont count on me i just heard it from a friend that got into buscomp last year. i feel sorry for you JTN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)