B Business B computing (1 Viewer)

Tsubasa

HSC
Dingo2004 said:
did u do some EAS form?
Nope, but I actually do have EAS. It was automatic since my school sucks or something. lol

lingling888

HSC
I'm gona be starting this course this year. UTS sent me information and it says the course has changed or something...i saw before the Bcomputing allowed you to do electives or something...Im actually confused at the moment...does that mean the new course structure of B business/B computing only allows you to do one major and one major in IT, so no sub majors/electives???

and gosh it seems like not much females are doing this course!! LOL!

rormonor

HSC
lingling888 said:
I'm gona be starting this course this year. UTS sent me information and it says the course has changed or something...i saw before the Bcomputing allowed you to do electives or something...Im actually confused at the moment...does that mean the new course structure of B business/B computing only allows you to do one major and one major in IT, so no sub majors/electives???

Lol I wouldnt expect many females to choose it. I've been wondering the same thing about the actual changes to the course myself. I'm pretty sure we still get to choose electives - just look at the "New Undergraduate program for 2007) sheet (if they sent you it that is). It says we still get to choose electives and/or submajors on the back of the sheet.

lingling888

HSC
rormonor said:
Lol I wouldnt expect many females to choose it. I've been wondering the same thing about the actual changes to the course myself. I'm pretty sure we still get to choose electives - just look at the "New Undergraduate program for 2007) sheet (if they sent you it that is). It says we still get to choose electives and/or submajors on the back of the sheet.
but isnt that sheet just for that other course...B sci IT Diploma IT pro practice...
or both B computing and that course undergoes the same course structure...

rormonor

HSC
lingling888 said:
but isnt that sheet just for that other course...B sci IT Diploma IT pro practice...
or both B computing and that course undergoes the same course structure...
Im under the impression that its for our course aswell..otherwise, why would they have sent it to us? can always ask UTS staff on enrollment day to see what the changes to the course is..

Last edited:

Tsubasa

HSC
Maybe it's because the faculty of IT sent it so they didn't send us an outline for the business subjects. =\

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
lingling888 said:

I'm currently studying the pre-2007 course, which is different to what you guys will be doing.

UTS decided from 2007 they would standardise the subjects with the straight IT course (BScIT) and the double degree (BBus/BScIT)- restructuring the subjects cancels out any redundant ones (whats the point in having 1 subject for BScIT and 1 for BBus/BScIT when they learn similar outlines?).

Infact this is a good thing, you guys essentially do less IT core subjects than us. This is much easily seen in comparison between our structure and your structure.

My Structure, Pre-2007, http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/2006/it/ug/c10219.html, Where it is named BBus/BComp:

CBK90161 Electives - IT Related 6cp
CBK90169 Major choice - Business 48cp
STM90273 Core subjects - Business 48cp
STM90566 Core subjects - IT/Computing 66cp
CBK90436 Sub-major choice - IT 24cp
Total 192cp
* Added in subject bases for convenience

Your Structure, Post-2007, http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/it/ug/c10219.html, Where it is named BBus/BScIT:

CBK90169 Major choice - Business 48cp
STM90273 Core subjects - Business 48cp
STM90651 Core subjects - IT 48cp
CBK90781 Major choice - IT 48cp
Total 192cp

In terms of electives, you get more. We have more core subjects (subjects that are compulsory), you have less and the choice from the new IT majors.

Here is the new structure for the straight BScIT:

STM90651 Core subjects - IT 48cp
CBK90781 Major choice - IT 48cp
CBK90782 Major/Two sub-majors/Electives - IT Related 48cp
Total 144cp

Notice that they have a choice to do 1 IT major and a second IT major/2 sub-majors/electives --> essentially the same as you. See the pre-2007 course for BScIT and it is different as well.

Hope you guys understand this =)

In terms of a guy:girl relationship in BBus/BComp it is around 1:1, so you will have nothing to worry about. It is different in the case of BScIT or BIT though.

Tsubasa

HSC
So will BBus/BScIT people do lesser subjects of business than normal Business people? Like a little of both courses.

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
A typical straight business degree looks like this:

http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/bus/ug/c10026.html

CBK90169 Major choice 48cp
CBK90170 Major/Two sub-majors/Sub-major + four electives 48cp
STM90273 Core subjects 48cp
Total 144cp

As Bus/BScIT students, you will be doing the same core subjects and have a choice of a business major. The only thing different is that they get to do another major/2 sub-majors or 4 electives.

For example, you could major in Accounting; where a straight business student could major in Accounting and perhaps Finance as well.

Hope that helps.

JTN

HSC
I didn't get in to this course in the late round, and I'm not holding my breath for the final round.....that 0.1 would of come in handy, pity there seems to be nothing in can do to get in now. Would of loved to do this course but engineering it will be...

lingling888

HSC
ohhh i think i get it now... thanks Huratio! ^-^
so since the course name is now changed to B Business/B Sci IT...dats mean the IT bit actually follows the course structure of the straight B sci IT... icic...so we do get sub majors/electives... haha thanks la!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
JTN said:
I didn't get in to this course in the late round, and I'm not holding my breath for the final round.....that 0.1 would of come in handy, pity there seems to be nothing in can do to get in now. Would of loved to do this course but engineering it will be...
omg, your so unlucky =p

btw lingling888, no probs - if you have any other questions, feel free to post here... that goes with the rest of you guys as well =)

raiders771

HSC
hey huratio i got in to this course and am abit confused with the actual fees i cant seem to find how much the fees actually are can give me a rough estimate or an exact amount if possible? thanks

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
raiders771 said:
hey huratio i got in to this course and am abit confused with the actual fees i cant seem to find how much the fees actually are can give me a rough estimate or an exact amount if possible? thanks
You can find them online in the handbook.

Most subjects are ~$900 with the law subject being just over $1000. (Hmm..how come all prices rose by 2% from previous semesters? $872 > $889.75)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
HECS fees rise each year by a few percentage points. It's been like that every year (except for when they went up by a massive 25%).

Beege

HSC
Guys what would be the better choice?

BSCIT + ITPP or BBus + BSCIT?

cauz i'm pretty good at business studies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)