Belonging Essay Question 2013 PREDICTION (1 Viewer)

kittystar

HSC
I have a feeling that they're gonna choose a harder part of the rubric or a part that's overlooked by many. I think they might make it on belonging to, or exclusion, from the world of the text. Personally I have no idea what that means or how to interpret that :/ Identity could be possible
I don't really think this is done however that doesn't mean it couldn't be :blink2:
I guess belonging to the text is more about the language and values explored in the text, and how you as a reader feel connected to the story. That would be beast...

albertcamus

HSC
Identity IS in the rubric "students may consider aspects of belonging in terms of experiences and notions of identity".

I rekon it'll be barriers in attaining belonging and how identity comes into that.
Yeah I know identity's there. It's too predictable though.

calbarrett

HSC
I Think they have already done something on places, so its safe to say if wont be asked again. But this question on barriers sounds plausable

HSC
Honestly I have a strong feeling it will be on not belonging, choosing not to belong, social class, things like that

glacer

HSC
I really think it might very well be about 'belonging to communities or groups'
if you look at the HSC questions since 2009, the year they redid the area of study, then all the questions have been about belonging associated to another entity e.g. 2010 'interaction with others and the world' 2011 'influenced by connections to a place' 2012 'passage of time and interaction with world'.
Looking at the breakdown of the rubric, the main idea left that i can see is 'connections made with group and made with communities'. Which suck balls since neither of my creatives are mildly related to those concepts

NWO

HSC
lol last years 2011 one or so was easy sh-t lol. u could write anything about it using any of the images. This year, theyll probably give u quotes as stimulus for creative. There's always one way to find out. Go break into the boardofstudies office. XD

NWO

HSC
You're right got a question on creative writing belonging to comunities or groups and self-perception. wtf i thought it was a quote but i ddint use it at all.

MarccAnthony

HSC
N/A
i dont get why everyone kicked up a huge storm about the notion of time. There is so many techniques you can draw on in relation to time, especially in Peter Skrzynecki anthology. Time is such an easy concept, i also reckon barriers would be really easy
though i do think that;
"ability to enrich a community or the world around them" would be a pain in the ass. lol

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont get why everyone kicked up a huge storm about the notion of time. There is so many techniques you can draw on in relation to time, especially in Peter Skrzynecki anthology. Time is such an easy concept, i also reckon barriers would be really easy
though i do think that;
"ability to enrich a community or the world around them" would be a pain in the ass. lol
freedom writers
mrs gruwell

enriches the classmates to have racial acceptance, allowing them to connect to the broader world, enriching their perspective of the futility in racial divide as it is an obstruction to belong etc etc etc

as for peter skrzynecki LOL

DarrenPhiLuong1

HSC
Its either limit or enrich a community OR how the composer excludes the audience from the world of the text *le sigh*

NWO

HSC
time is way easier lol just talk about what happens in the beinning, middle end. OFC not telling the story but through analysis . I need to work on identity!

NWO

HSC
Could be on identity or self-percent. Haven't had that in yearsss

NWO

HSC
heyy there. The question cannot just ask "Not belonging" which is quite biased. When it mentions " belonging" you should always mention the barriers to belonging as well. aye?

leesh95

HSC
though i do think that;
I can't see how Peter Skrzynecki would fit into the "ability to enrich a community..." I would be really screwed if that happens.

leesh95

HSC
Isn't identity a module covered in the prelim? We did that in year 11 although it is in the Belonging rubric

Dec96

HSC
I'm thinking could be about choices to belong or not belong, never been touched on before and it was the central theme for the Catholic paper...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)