Belonging Essay Question 2013 PREDICTION (1 Viewer)

Webbi

HSC
I really hope it will be on the individual's will/choice to belong with others or self, creating a social barrier. So yeah I agree with the majority, that it'd be on barriers!
Plus that would be amazing if it was, it's basically what i've written about for my drafts.. I'm doing 'As You Like It' on Jaques and his connection to the Amiens. I've also got a related text, but I'm feeling pretty good about that one, so don't need to disclose :)
Has there ever been a Belonging essay asking for 'TWO related texts' specifically?

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I really hope it will be on the individual's will/choice to belong with others or self, creating a social barrier. So yeah I agree with the majority, that it'd be on barriers!
Plus that would be amazing if it was, it's basically what i've written about for my drafts.. I'm doing 'As You Like It' on Jaques and his connection to the Amiens. I've also got a related text, but I'm feeling pretty good about that one, so don't need to disclose :)
Has there ever been a Belonging essay asking for 'TWO related texts' specifically?
Just prepare two, because they can ask for two.

monsta4lyfe

HSC
Imagine, a years worth of preparation, and question like this appears...

~~"In engaging with a text, the responder may experience and understand possibilities presented by an exclusion from the world the text represents"

To what extent does your study of the concept of Belonging resonate with this statement?

In your response, make detailed reference to your prescribed text and at least ONE other related text of your choosing.~~

A monster of a question, straight from the rubric. No doubt half of the state will be stumped by a question like this.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

~~"In engaging with a text, the responder may experience and understand possibilities presented by an exclusion from the world the text represents"

To what extent does your study of the concept of Belonging resonate with this statement?

In your response, make detailed reference to your prescribed text and at least ONE other related text of your choosing.~~

A monster of a question, straight from the rubric. No doubt half of the state will be stumped by a question like this.
easy for skrzynecki

easy for my ort

easy life

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Pre easy. for my creative and essay

monsta4lyfe

HSC
Of course it would be easy for you guys, but let's imagine a normal standard english kid sitting a 3 hour exam for the second time.

That statement, for the majority of students, is a lot to take in, especially in an exam situation.

When you do get it, however, then it becomes easy.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Of course it would be easy for you guys, but let's imagine a normal standard english kid sitting a 3 hour exam for the second time.

That statement, for the majority of students, is a lot to take in, especially in an exam situation.

When you do get it, however, then it becomes easy.
2 hour exam though

ocatal

HSC
Would you guys ever recommend going against a question or would that just be risking it?

monsta4lyfe

HSC
Would you guys ever recommend going against a question or would that just be risking it?
If you genuinely believe a statement is incorrect, by all means disagree with it.

Remember, BoS markers are going to be marking tens of thousands of belonging papers, so you want to make sure yours stands out amongst the rest of the crap that they read.

Web Addict

HSC

How the hell would you answer this question? How would the thesis go?

Candidate

HSC

I would love this. Destroy all the Standard students right out the gate.

And it relates to my generic essay more than a question on community etc. would.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad

This might sound silly, but could someone please break down that statement? I don't quite understand what it is saying/asking for :S

monsta4lyfe

HSC
This might sound silly, but could someone please break down that statement? I don't quite understand what it is saying/asking for :S
I think essentially what this statement is asking for is an evaluation as to whether feelings of exclusion can have a positive effect and bring about new possibilities for individuals searching for a sense of belonging. 90% of candidates will agree and give examples from their prescribed and related material showing how characters come to a realisation or discover or learn something new as a result of feeling neglected. The other 10% would disagree and aim to prove vice versa. The world of the text essentially means the lesser-main characters and context the composer has created alongside to allow for a development in the main character.

Anyway, thats my interpretation of it, and I hardly doubt the BoS will make that the actual HSC 2013 belonging question.

Just be prepared for anything... BoS can be very unpredictable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)