Belonging Essay Question 2013 PREDICTION (1 Viewer)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I think essentially what this statement is asking for is an evaluation as to whether feelings of exclusion can have a positive effect and bring about new possibilities for individuals searching for a sense of belonging. 90% of candidates will agree and give examples from their prescribed and related material showing how characters come to a realisation or discover or learn something new as a result of feeling neglected. The other 10% would disagree and aim to prove vice versa. The world of the text essentially means the lesser-main characters and context the composer has created alongside to allow for a development in the main character.

Anyway, thats my interpretation of it, and I hardly doubt the BoS will make that the actual HSC 2013 belonging question.

Just be prepared for anything... BoS can be very unpredictable.
Good interpretation.

nek min 5 related texts, specifies poem for skrzynecki, "critically evaluate how the weather can affect someones sense of belonging"

1/15 would align to 13 lol

monsta4lyfe

HSC
Good interpretation.

nek min 5 related texts, specifies poem for skrzynecki, "critically evaluate how the weather can affect someones sense of belonging"

1/15 would align to 13 lol
Haha! Funny story at our school was that a kid in Standard English cried during the exam because he was completely stumped by the CSSA creative writing stimulus (the fish jumping out of the bowl and the map and compass).

I can see the same thing happening if BoS tries to have some 'fun' with the students sitting the paper with a question like that, only in much larger numbers.

Dec96

HSC
Have they asked for belonging through relationships before??

ocatal

HSC
Have they asked for belonging through relationships before??
No not specifically. What they have asked is time, connections to places, understanding and interactions.

leesh95

HSC
Haha! Funny story at our school was that a kid in Standard English cried during the exam because he was completely stumped by the CSSA creative writing stimulus (the fish jumping out of the bowl and the map and compass).

I can see the same thing happening if BoS tries to have some 'fun' with the students sitting the paper with a question like that, only in much larger numbers.
Last year a couple of girls cried at the Module B question on speeches. They hadn't studied the one specified.

kpopism

HSC
i am hoping it will be something along the lines of

“An individual’s interaction with the world around them can reflect choices not to belong, or barriers which prevent belonging”

but since the larger world has kinda been used already so hopefully incorporating identity instead?
or is that too many themes used in one?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
i am hoping it will be something along the lines of

“An individual’s interaction with the world around them can reflect choices not to belong, or barriers which prevent belonging”

but since the larger world has kinda been used already so hopefully incorporating identity instead?
or is that too many themes used in one?
with identity, that would be perfect

kpopism

HSC
i agree
it seems too good to be true to be honest asdfghjkl
but fingers crossed !

kpopism

HSC
personal, historical, cultural, social contexts
- have these been used before? i dont really know how to shape my essays/quotes if they were
to ask about these ; ; anyone have any tips?

fionarykim

HSC
personal, historical, cultural, social contexts
- have these been used before? i dont really know how to shape my essays/quotes if they were
to ask about these ; ; anyone have any tips?
omg if they ask about context.. then im screwed ...

im going for the direction of choices and barriers and identity aswell
maybe even communities?

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
"Honesty plays an integral part in an individual's sense of belonging or not belonging."

Discuss the extent to which the statement is true with detailed reference to your prescribed text and ONE related text of your choosing.

Webbi

HSC
What's an easy related text to sum up in a paragraph with examples for the belonging essay? Just in case it asks for TWO related texts, cause I've already completed a draft essay with ONE, and im pretty happy with it. Thanks you!

kpopism

HSC
omg if they ask about context.. then im screwed ...

im going for the direction of choices and barriers and identity aswell
maybe even communities?
i wouldnt know what to write if they ask about context asdfghjkl
ehh communities would throw me off a bit but i think i could manage with that as well.

HSC
Upon looking at the past papers since the revised rubric (2010-2012) they've done person, places and time. I reckon they'll do barriers or identity. Either that or culture / personal context.

HSC
But I seriously doubt it will be community/groups. Not all the prescribed texts have any more to allusions to groups, for example mine, which is "Romulus, My Father". (yes, kill me)

kietkiet

HSC
Even though community/groups are in the rubric, can they still seriously ask questions on it ? Because not all the prescribe texts have anything to do with communities/groups e.g. The Simple Gift - Steven Herrick

Unless .... is 2 people considered a group ? lmao

sammie293

HSC
But I seriously doubt it will be community/groups. Not all the prescribed texts have any more to allusions to groups, for example mine, which is "Romulus, My Father". (yes, kill me)
you could do it for romo
you could make everything a "group" or "community"
the australian wider community, the community of their town (i've forgotten the name obvz gonna blitz it), community of migrants e.g. romo, hora, christine, mitru
that being said, I don't think I personally would execute it very well

sammie293

HSC
you could do it for romo
you could make everything a "group" or "community"
the australian wider community, the community of their town (i've forgotten the name obvz gonna blitz it), community of migrants e.g. romo, hora, christine, mitru
that being said, I don't think I personally would execute it very well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)