Bios1101 (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i dont see the heart anything to do with the tutorial 1-6 do they?
i thought they only ask stuff from 1-6?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Our instructor said it's a 20 minute tut test, then it's piss off and cya next week for the rat dissection.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah judging by today's reaction, i think only a handful of people were prepared, me excluded
stupid i had the correct answer then changed it for some stupid reason
fuck 1/2 mark lost there
ah well lucky its only 4%.....better hope this doesnt happen for the prac test

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
gosh the rat dissection today was worse than i thought
the lab demonstrator was right...the smell of the toad was nothing in comparison to the smell of the rat
my gosh those rats were huge.....mustve been at least 45cm from head to tail
ahh at least no more dissections

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
For some reason I found the rat alittle better than the frog, it smelled more like half-cooked mixed kebabs.

Lol, anyway the organs were much easier to locate than the frog, but arh, I hate cutting the fur, that's probably the most time-consuming part.

o_O I always forget to dissect the brain...

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha the brain
too much work
unless you decapitate it then yeah
meh

Rekkusu

HSC
Haha just a warning though be really really careful when you open up the rat's cavity. You will not want to puncture the intestines (especially the caecum).

Also, the liver is quite an accommodating organ, so if you wish to find the stomach, etc, it'll be under the liver alittle to the right.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The damned liver in the toad took up the entire abdominal cavity! I can't imagine the rat being any worse, although it sounds like it will be. Perhaps your rate ingested large amounts of poison or something.

Rekkusu

HSC
Likewise neb, likewise!

If you're lucky your demonstrator might even insert a gas tube into the rat's trachea, you'll see the lung inflate to quite a size, about a 20c or 50c coin (Our demonstrator accidentally blew up the lung, but unfortunately the lung didn't burst into pieces, and like spray all over the place).

Our demo even inflated the intestines, from the duodenum (or stomach) onwards.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Likewise neb, likewise!

If you're lucky your demonstrator might even insert a gas tube into the rat's trachea, you'll see the lung inflate to quite a size, about a 20c or 50c coin (Our demonstrator accidentally blew up the lung, but unfortunately the lung didn't burst into pieces, and like spray all over the place).

Our demo even inflated the intestines, from the duodenum (or stomach) onwards.
haha i saw that man....then when will proceeded to try and inflate the lungs it just didnt work coz the lungs were popped already

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Damnit that was awful. The thing stank like stinky pork mixed with sewer juices, but on the plus side the organs were a lot easier to find in the rat than in the toad. The fact that their noses were bleeding from the gas was pretty disgusting. I guess it was pretty funny in parts though. The guy behind me was doing it without gloves (which I personally can't do, the texture and stench gets to me), then the guy sitting next to him almost jumped out of his seat screaming when he saw it. The funny part was his reaction to it. Oh well, I suppose if I were able to do it without gloves, I would have - get to know the rat a bit better.

Oh yeah, and the way their hands were clenched was sad. Poor rats.

Rekkusu

HSC
aw Don't worry dude, they were gased with CO(2) - Or so we were told... So it makes em sleepy, so hopefully it isn't too bad an end for these mammals.

Eurgh, touching them with bare hands??? Jeez that guy musta been influenced by the Bio lady in that video, I mean like what if there are parasitic microbes or anything in those insides of rats.... I mean if I was dissecting a chicken off some caged farm in Sydney, I wouldn't mind doing it with my bare hands....but rats....they go everywhere...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
CO2 makes noses bleed?

Anyway, the rats were bred in capativity according to the video. You know, used for psychology and then used for biology.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ah well its over and done now...no more dissections
thing now bothering me is the practical test....and i need some answers for the pracs
anyone care to share any?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I wish we could dissect a human - that'd be cool. Especially the brain...

My answers for the pracs are all pretty lousy. You know, one line responses and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)