Class of 2006. Gather Ye. (1 Viewer)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I have a starting point! Yayayayay! I've been floundering for what has been like forever and I've finally decided what I want to do. I don't care if it changes later, the point is the flounder has been cooked! I think I'll do a series of paintings de Kooning style, much like his 'Woman' series only I won't be portraits.

I'll explore the idea on some sheets of good quality paper before I ask my teacher to stretch me canvases. *nods* ...*skips around in excitement*

Armic

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Helloooooo, Welcome Welcome Armic, you sound ...really...familiar...you're not from deviantart are you?

When I took Photography+Digital media in year 11, we covered a section on Dante's Inferno to do with Seven Deadly Sins.
I like this idea you have of mixed media and papier mache.
The circle is a very very religious symbol, but i'm sure you already know that :p.
Hooooola hoops.

Anyway, those artists you mentioned would be really interesting to study I think. Hieronomus Bosche (cant spell his retarded name) is another one to look at

Oh you mention water colours too...hmmm..that could be VERY interesting if you could mix media with something else...and watercolours...hmmm...

I'd like to see this postmodern piece you've done Armic...pleaaaaaaase? :)

A about art teachers:[/]
There are art teachers who impose their ideals of what is right in art upon you.
I say that this isnt a good idea if you're completely sure of what you're doing and your concept is fine. So I guess maybe, this postmodern thing, take another spin on it if you can.

Another thing about art teachers is that they're generally right if they think that you're no good at something. Everyone knows that I cannot work clay for some bizarre reason [it collapses or explodes in the kiln, oh shite]

PS: Talk about Journeys again and i'll bite you. :p :)
Area of study is horrid!

xx
Lanny

Yep, I'm from Deviantart. I know who you are! You are always posting on Lbjcraigie's page.

Its really strange cause when I told my teacher the second time, she actually liked it. So I'm making postcard sized watercolour scenes, done 7 out of 90... I'm hoping to arrange them in a grid but have them in varying tones, to give the effect of a circle.

Thanks for telling me about Hieronymous Bosch. Its actually the very style I was searching for. I've always wanted to paint a scene with that double perspective, though I guess I was searching in the wrong place. Japanese woodblocks never really seemed right.

The Watercolours I've started are turning out to be a nightmare, its impossible to keep the white borders perfect. Sadly my teacher didn't want me to pursue the postmodern approach, which surprised me the most. Anyways I'm painting scenes of dark forrests as featured in the opening of Dante's Inferno. Only now I have to go to a State Forrest...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Armic said:
Yep, I'm from Deviantart. I know who you are! You are always posting on Lbjcraigie's page.

Its really strange cause when I told my teacher the second time, she actually liked it. So I'm making postcard sized watercolour scenes, done 7 out of 90... I'm hoping to arrange them in a grid but have them in varying tones, to give the effect of a circle.

Thanks for telling me about Hieronymous Bosch. Its actually the very style I was searching for. I've always wanted to paint a scene with that double perspective, though I guess I was searching in the wrong place. Japanese woodblocks never really seemed right.

The Watercolours I've started are turning out to be a nightmare, its impossible to keep the white borders perfect. Sadly my teacher didn't want me to pursue the postmodern approach, which surprised me the most. Anyways I'm painting scenes of dark forrests as featured in the opening of Dante's Inferno. Only now I have to go to a State Forrest...
Yes I am the maniac posting on ljbcraigies page. I think he hates me now for it. But at least it shows that he's loved. Anyway.

You're doing 90, NINETY postcard sized scenes. Oh my god :| thats so many!
You better take a photo...outside in natural light is best

White boarders: use masking tape or that weird gum stuff that you brush on to watercolour paper.

Art teachers are strange arent they? They're permanently fickle, eh I have the head of art as my teacher, and she ruined a few works from last years HSC. However...I will never ever let her change or ruin or screw up my idea :) *nod*

I'm glad you found Hieronymous Bosch useful. He's brilliant really, but was a bit strange.

PS: I live next to a state forest, would you like some pictures taken?

bumchumchic

HSC
hellooo =)

ummm. im doin art too yayy lol
but i like fully suck.. and lack inspiration/motivation
im doin my bow on fashion.. abut its sterotypes, how you can gain an image or reputation from it, how ppl hide behind it, or show their personality
its still abit vague and im kinda stuck. i need more artist as inspiration, and just insiration on how to do experiemtns and that kinda stuf. im really inexperienced when it comes to meddling with mediums. eeeeeeep.
does anyone have any ideas/feedback..?? =) is my theme to cliche??
xox

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
bumchumchic said:
hellooo =)

ummm. im doin art too yayy lol
but i like fully suck.. and lack inspiration/motivation
im doin my bow on fashion.. abut its sterotypes, how you can gain an image or reputation from it, how ppl hide behind it, or show their personality
its still abit vague and im kinda stuck. i need more artist as inspiration, and just insiration on how to do experiemtns and that kinda stuf. im really inexperienced when it comes to meddling with mediums. eeeeeeep.
does anyone have any ideas/feedback..?? =) is my theme to cliche??
xox
For Inspiration:
I recommend looking at DOLLY and GF trashy magazines
then something upper class like VOGUE and Harpers Bazarr
Uhh and you know the whole red carpet thing in hollywood? that too
Cat Walks are also good. Try tsubi?
Look at expensive brands and their advertisments and choice of models
and even make up brands like, uh Halle Berry was the face of Revlon for ages etc etc
Kate Moss
Elle Mcpherson
look at Paris Hilton, she's ...oh so *insert expletives* and she's all into that fashiony stuff

Fashion trends, EMO for one thing, GOTH , PUNK (the crap kind, not the 1960s)
Vivienne Westwood < look at her

Uh i'm sure there are some proper artists, i may try looking for you, uhhh, Richard Avedon, was a classic fashion photographer

xx

Shazzeh

HSC
well i'm shazzie! *waves*

my main theme for my body of works is The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. at first i was going to paint but now i've changed my mind and i'm doing digital painting like in Photoshop. i keep changing my ideas, which is pretty annoying because i can't decide what i'm doing.

my art is mainly anime and manga art but i'm going to try at realistic and semi-realistic. if anyone wants to see, just go hereon my DA account: http://malik-bakura.deviantart.com

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
Well, I would be darksbane, aka Matt. I hate paints (yes I am biased), I don't mind inks, I love pencils, but most of all I love digital media. I've been experimenting with fractals alot over the past few months, a little with some 3D modelling etc.

I'm on deviant art at http://raolain.deviantart.com should you wish to have a squiz at what I've been experimenting with.

I love surrealism, but my main inspiration for digital art would have to be a fellow deviant who goes by Casperium.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Shazzeh said:
well i'm shazzie! *waves*

my main theme for my body of works is The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. at first i was going to paint but now i've changed my mind and i'm doing digital painting like in Photoshop. i keep changing my ideas, which is pretty annoying because i can't decide what i'm doing.

my art is mainly anime and manga art but i'm going to try at realistic and semi-realistic. if anyone wants to see, just go hereon my DA account: http://malik-bakura.deviantart.com
Hey Shazzie :D *waves back*

Digital painting ey? Thats pretty intense stuff, like it seems to look easy because you can back track but I know for a fact it takes forever to do, layer by layer.
Nice Manga art btw :)

xx weird asian arty llama girl who owns this thread

Armic

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Yes I am the maniac posting on ljbcraigies page. I think he hates me now for it. But at least it shows that he's loved. Anyway.

You're doing 90, NINETY postcard sized scenes. Oh my god :| thats so many!
You better take a photo...outside in natural light is best

White boarders: use masking tape or that weird gum stuff that you brush on to watercolour paper.

Art teachers are strange arent they? They're permanently fickle, eh I have the head of art as my teacher, and she ruined a few works from last years HSC. However...I will never ever let her change or ruin or screw up my idea :) *nod*

I'm glad you found Hieronymous Bosch useful. He's brilliant really, but was a bit strange.

PS: I live next to a state forest, would you like some pictures taken?
Its ok, I'm going in the holidays to take photos in the Blue Mountains. I've got 40 something reference pictures already.

About the white boarders, thats actually a really brilliant idea to use Art Masking Fluid. I've got a bottle and haven't used it on anything. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. Thanks.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
darksbane said:
Well, I would be darksbane, aka Matt. I hate paints (yes I am biased), I don't mind inks, I love pencils, but most of all I love digital media. I've been experimenting with fractals alot over the past few months, a little with some 3D modelling etc.

I'm on deviant art at http://raolain.deviantart.com should you wish to have a squiz at what I've been experimenting with.

I love surrealism, but my main inspiration for digital art would have to be a fellow deviant who goes by Casperium.

Dearest darksbane, aka Matt,
Hi I am llama lady, aka Lanny.

I cant paint therefore I hate the art of it, but I like what other people produce
Digital Media rules and I wish I could do fractals
Pencils can be beautiful but thats another thing I dont do that well in
I'm adding you to deviantart. I bet you cannot guess who I am *taps nose* :D

Surrealism is highly beautiful and unusual and I am experimenting with elements of it in my body of work
Stay well
Love, The Luscious Artfilled Llama

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Armic said:
Its ok, I'm going in the holidays to take photos in the Blue Mountains. I've got 40 something reference pictures already.

About the white boarders, thats actually a really brilliant idea to use Art Masking Fluid. I've got a bottle and haven't used it on anything. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. Thanks.
Glad you liked the ideas.
Hope your work turns out awesomely and at the end of this term I shall be creating a thread for everyone to show off a 10cmx10cm slice of their work...as a teaser

YOU BETTER HAVE SOMETHING!

:D
Lanny

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
Yo! I'm Mig, and I'm another '06er with a supercrazy art teacher (she talks to the blackboard :D)

Um, I'm usually a anime/manga-inspired thingy... artist? Nah, drawer, that's better, (oh noes, I'm from DA too! http://freakishangelgal.deviantart.com/) as well as digital painting (I suck at it though) and I dabble in photography and photomanipulation. I don't like paint much, either. It's not like photoshop. There's no undo button. >__<

For my BOW, I'm doing something about, what I like to call, 'the adrogyny of a kiss' - how all forms of love is beautiful, and how the body expresses love. I'm thinking of doing photography, with a centrepiece/focal point being a silkscreen printing thingymabob (oh, I'm so techical) of two unknown and/or genderless people kissing.
I just don't know how I'm going to present it :/ Sigh.

My fave artists? Bill Henson, Nan Goldin, Nobuyoshi Araki(yes, Japanese pr0n artists ROCK) and Yun Kouga, annnnd I'm done!

*bows*

HSC
Hi. My name's Lucy and i'm yet another Art & Ext2, NO MATHS/SCIENCE student. It's the only way.
I love art, and would say that drawing is my strength. I was chosen to attend an NAS life drawing course that went for 2 weeks in the holidays, however I have not chosen to do life drawing for my major, as I don't want to. Instead I shall be doing mixed media. My concept is the idea that most of the wars throughout history have somewhat stemmed from religion. I will be using the design of the Isenheim Altarpiece by Grunewald to create my altarpiece (a bit of a cliche I know) in which my end works will be printed on to.
My drawings/paintings will be similar to the style of Ralph Steadman, my favourite artist ever. Another one of my influences is the brilliant Terry Gilliam.

I will say no more right now, as i'm trying to gather information for an art essay due next week that my art teacher has been extremely vague about. I don't really know what i'm doing.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
HinikuTheNinja said:
Yo! I'm Mig, and I'm another '06er with a supercrazy art teacher (she talks to the blackboard :D)

Um, I'm usually a anime/manga-inspired thingy... artist? Nah, drawer, that's better, (oh noes, I'm from DA too! http://freakishangelgal.deviantart.com/) as well as digital painting (I suck at it though) and I dabble in photography and photomanipulation. I don't like paint much, either. It's not like photoshop. There's no undo button. >__<

For my BOW, I'm doing something about, what I like to call, 'the adrogyny of a kiss' - how all forms of love is beautiful, and how the body expresses love. I'm thinking of doing photography, with a centrepiece/focal point being a silkscreen printing thingymabob (oh, I'm so techical) of two unknown and/or genderless people kissing.
I just don't know how I'm going to present it :/ Sigh.

My fave artists? Bill Henson, Nan Goldin, Nobuyoshi Araki(yes, Japanese pr0n artists ROCK) and Yun Kouga, annnnd I'm done!

*bows*

Oh silk screen, thats interesting, i've done that once, except it was post card sized :(....androgynus may be the word ur looking for "genderless"

Xx take care and best wishes

love,
lanny the photography whore

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
The Card Cheat said:
Hi. My name's Lucy and i'm yet another Art & Ext2, NO MATHS/SCIENCE student. It's the only way.
I love art, and would say that drawing is my strength. I was chosen to attend an NAS life drawing course that went for 2 weeks in the holidays, however I have not chosen to do life drawing for my major, as I don't want to. Instead I shall be doing mixed media. My concept is the idea that most of the wars throughout history have somewhat stemmed from religion. I will be using the design of the Isenheim Altarpiece by Grunewald to create my altarpiece (a bit of a cliche I know) in which my end works will be printed on to.
My drawings/paintings will be similar to the style of Ralph Steadman, my favourite artist ever. Another one of my influences is the brilliant Terry Gilliam.

I will say no more right now, as i'm trying to gather information for an art essay due next week that my art teacher has been extremely vague about. I don't really know what i'm doing.
YEAH! GO EXT2 and ART students! W00t.
Drawing ...ahh blessed drawing how I wish i was talented in it!
I'll have to look at this Isenheim Altarpiece by Grunewald methinks to comprehend what you're going to do. And those other two artists you mentioned

Good luck with your BOW and Esay!
Art Teachers are Vague incarnated

xx.
llama girl

HSC
Art & Ext2 students are the best students in the world.

Btw, i'm hoping to get into the same course you want to do! Either that or Writing and Cultural Studies. Both at UTS of course! :)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
The Card Cheat said:
Art & Ext2 students are the best students in the world.

Btw, i'm hoping to get into the same course you want to do! Either that or Writing and Cultural Studies. Both at UTS of course! :)
Yay! Samesies!
UTS will be awesome, hopefully we'll both get in and we'll be like YEAH WE'RE RAD!
or something ya know :)

Best of luckk to you getting in okay :D!?

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
No ext2 for me....but no sciences either ^_^ Yay for Adv English, Art, Music, IPT and General Maths :D

Boo for 4 major works >.<

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
*High 5's the no Maths & Science students with ext2 and art under their belt*

I am pathetic at drawing, it's such a handy talent to have but alas, I succeed in the field of hopelessness. Oh oh, who's going to go and see the portrait exhibition at the AGNSW? The one concerning 500 years of great portraits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)