Coldplay (1 Viewer)

Coldplay?

• Total voters
HSC
im an idiot said:
i hate coldplay
then youd be in the minority

and for what i said about U2 being the best at Live8...thats only one HarlequinMan's opinion...i agree...Pink Floyd rock on...i think Coldplay sound alot like them and its a great thing that such an amazing band like Pink Floyd got back together...i just think U2 are better.... :)

le baa

HSC
I would say Coldplay are one of the most popular/over-hyped bands of the present, but not great. To me, there is nothing great in their music. It's nice, it's in-offensive, bland even, but great?

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
I absolutely love coldplay. Yellow was fantastic and so was the entire a rush of blood album. X&Y just brings more coldplay goodness. I think that every band that performed at Live8 deserve more respect than we give them

slip

HSC
heybraham said:
well think about it. this is what happened to bardot, they sang some prewritten songs and those songs got put on a cd. that album sold SHITLOADS due to tv publicity, but did bardot get much money?

nah
they only got paid the performance rights, which equates to jackshit, its akin to being a background dancer in a music video clip [some bardot member said she got paid as much much as a checkout chick at woolies]. so what happens? the record companies get a higher % of the record profits.

now why would they push some anonymous guy's cd with really good music the artist wrote themselves when they could just sell a pop act with massive publicity and only a performance right?

if i was a record company executive i know which one I'D choose. the chart is just an ingenius marketing tool
ah well this post shows you know pretty much fuck all about the music industry. and that the chick from bardot knows fuck all to.

most bands earn less then a dollar an hour (per member). machince gun fellatio made less then a dollar an hour while they were around, and they were one of the best managed bands in australia.

what record companies do is give artists interest free loans. these loans are used to pay for recording and any living expenses the artists have. so if a band is stupid and goes we gotta contract were sweet, and ships in expensive produces etc they are the ones paying for it.

now these interest free loans have to be paid back to the record companies through the sales of cds. that may seem simple enough, but look at it this way a cd cost about $25 on average. the store takes $5-10 of that, so you got about $15 left, some of that goes to cover the expenses of shipping the cd, publicity that the record company puts up, then the record company takes a cut, and leaves the band with less then a few dollars. the band then has to give this to the record company to payback the original loan.

a record company never ever loses money, as if the band doesnt sell they have to pay the record company back the advance, which accounts for most of the expenses.

artists make most of there money through gigs, not sales. infact only the top ten bands make any money on top of the advances they are given, and only so many more are even able to completely pay back advances (leading to situations where the record company drops them, but says you cant release cds etc)

most people are under the illusion that musicians are rich, only the top well managed musicians are rich.

example, michael jackson is in debt, he has fallen into the trap many popstars do, oh i signed a contract ive got millions of dollars now, ill go and blow it all, when they dont have millions of dollars, they have an interest free loan of millions of dollars.

UNDERSTAND????

aaaman

Banned
HSC
TheHarlequinMan said:
i guess thats why you have no rep after about 200+ posts...
no fools, its bcoz i answer the serious questions and as 4 ur comments, i hope 2 get aids n die

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Love them. Loved their old albums, loved their new album~

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
TheHarlequinMan said:
In my opinion, Coldplay are the best band in the world right now. I don't think anyone couldve had any more hits, or have had any more anticipation for an album...X&Y ripped through the charts around the world. They were the biggest headliner at Live8 next to U2 (who are the only ones who beat Coldplay)...
they really crept up on the world...such an interesting style...

discuss...ie: Love it or Shove it...
Being "almost as good as U2" is hardly an endorsement.

froglenn

HSC
N/A
x&y stinks (there's no emotion in most of the tracks), parachutes and a rush of blood are excellent

everything's not lost is the best track by coldplay imho, it's so uplifting, yellow and clocks are not my cup of tea though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)