Conception Day '06!!!!!11 (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, $5 for alimited time for SAM members ($10 i think normally) $30 for externals

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
limited time? wtf? so come before 12 and it costs 5 bucks?

do i need to get a replacement sam card? cuz then itll cost me 10 bucks!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks for re-registering to become a SAM Card Holder.
Please make your way to SAM Central, Level 1, SAM Building to pick up your authentification sticker.

Want to go to Conception Day? Until 18th August SAM Card Holders can pick up a ticket for $5 (normally $10). Guest tickets $30, limited to one guest ticket per SAM Card Holder. Only available from SAM Central.

From the SAM Page

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
shit selling tickets? man everythings so commercial. do our sam cards look any different? cuz i dont want to pay 5 bucks to get a replacement if i can just use someone elses to buy me a ticket.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you don't have to pay for the sam card. just reregister online, then go to sam spot (i think) and they will put a sticker on it.
then you can buy a ticket to conception day. if you buy the ticket before whatever date they have specified (end of week 3?) you can buy it for $5.

HSC
N/A
SuGa BunI =D said:
conception day rock my sox :D:D:D

.... i parked my car at the back of the uni last year and couldnt find it anywhere because i was tipsy and lost among the trees..
bahaha so *you* are one of these famous tree people I keep hearing about! lol

I'm thinking of going. And thinking about not going, because I basically don't drink/am scared to be in a situation where I might ACTUALLY get tipsy and/or drunk for the first time... and how would I get home? :S

NB: I have a list of people who are willing to not drink in order to see me drunk, this can't be a good thing...

Last edited:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
The choice of Youth Group isn't too bad.

They've been playing some solid inner-city shows for quite a while now, and now they've received some mainstream recognition (albeit with more pre-pubescent female fans then the band originally envisaged). The newtown boys dun good. :)

I haven't seen 'em live since 2004, but they were pretty tight back then.

Quote by Chris Walla from 'Death Cab For Cutie' about Youth Group:
"If you don't love them, your heart is dead."

Glitterfairy - Haha, what better way to pop that drunkness cherry than surrounded by the sheer merriness of Conception Day!?

Last edited:

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I hope there are some good smaller bands during the day, I've always been on my way home by the time the headliner begins (living on the Central Coast and all). The Tremors were awesome in 2004, even though there might have been all of 20 people watching.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
There should be bands throughout the whole day. According to the 'Advantage' mailout, there'll be 4 stages.

I have a sneaking feeling Unpaid Debt will be announced as one of the bands playing the punk/hardcore stage.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
is it still a good day out even if you don't paticularly like/know rock music?

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
is it still a good day out even if you don't paticularly like/know rock music?
Of course. Apart from the music (which there is a good variety of: rock, hip hop, dance), there should *hopefully* be all the carnival stuff, like dodgems and other rides. It's a really good day to soak to just soak in the atmosphere...but best to go with a big group as it can seem like everyone else is having more fun than you if you go with only 1 or 2 others who aren't all that rowdy :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You best turn up or else I'll drive to your house and DRAG you back :p

Still nothing giving me comfort there'll be a decent band there...unless they get MM9 back...that MAY be worth it

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glitterfairy said:
I'm thinking of going. And thinking about not going, because I basically don't drink/am scared to be in a situation where I might ACTUALLY get tipsy and/or drunk for the first time... and how would I get home? :S

NB: I have a list of people who are willing to not drink in order to see me drunk, this can't be a good thing...
haha that is no excuse not to go. if you don't want to get drunk, no one is going to 'force' you, if you do want to, work out who can give you a lift before the day.

I think youth group is a bit :S for conception day - only because i think of them as similar to *blank* - they played at o-week, and they weren't rocky enough for the crowd.

*hopeful*

HSC
they didnt have rides last yr~but then again it was raining and everyone was trying to squash inside sam bar, so i didnt really check the outside out

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
haha that is no excuse not to go. if you don't want to get drunk, no one is going to 'force' you, if you do want to, work out who can give you a lift before the day.

I think youth group is a bit :S for conception day - only because i think of them as similar to *blank* - they played at o-week, and they weren't rocky enough for the crowd.
Haha, no I'll be forcing her to have a drink :p

And yeah, when I think of youth group, i think trendies in their tight pants and their love for the OC, I don't think festival :S They could barely keep the crowds attention in a small venue like the Annandale, they're not a 'big' band :S

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AsyLum said:
Haha, no I'll be forcing her to have a drink :p
ok glitter, hide! otherwise you have no hope.. if you come.. you'll be under asy's power, if you don't come, you'll also be under asy's power.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, pics will be taken, believe you me! :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
iambored said:
I take that back
glitter, don't go

alternatively
PLAN 1: sneak into bosers houses so that their cameras 'disappear,' only to reappear 16 September.
PLAN 2: steal harry potter's invisibility cloak
PLAN 3: make sure everyone else is drunk before you so when you erase the pictures off their camera, they'll forget they were ever taken

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, my awareness increases 10x when I'm drunk! It'll never work :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)