Do Whores help prevent rape? (1 Viewer)

Sophie777

Shifty said:
Dude, if it was reliable anecdotal evidence then maybe the DPP wouldnt have rejected it.
How would you every be able to prove that anecdotal evidence was reliable. If you had anything to prove it, you wouldn't be using anecdotal evidence. How would you know who's telling the truth?

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Sophie777 said:
How would you every be able to prove that anecdotal evidence was reliable. If you had anything to prove it, you wouldn't be using anecdotal evidence. How would you know who's telling the truth?
Exactly my point

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
Shifty said:
then you should know how he fucked a young guy, then skinned him to his bone (in his bath tub) with a knife and kept some of the flesh in his fridge so he could eat later...
yes. he often had 2 or more dead bodies lying around the house at a time, he liked to play with them after he was dead. redress them, bath them, put makeup on them. etc
he strangled two men with headphone wires..... he was one of my favourite:)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
people are not like 'lets kill them',
not everyone supports the girl over in bali.. it's just that it was thought for a while she could get the death penalty.
It doesn't matter that murders, and criminals are 'nice blokes' now.. they commited a crime, If you had your way i could kill you, steal from your house and rape your daughter and in get out a year later when i'm sorry.

Dominic

HSC
N/A
Well prison certainly isn't the answer anyway. People just come out a lot more fucked up than what they went in. I'm suprised there aren't more riots.

tattoodguy

If the person aboves reference about saying sorry and being let out..was directed at me. I think u misunderstood me.

If you commmit a crime u deserve to b3e penalised but there are mitigating circumstances- alot of ppple found guilty --- shouldnt be.

But for example look at the situations iwth those lebs or whatever (alot of the ppple involved in operation gain.)........those guys have had family members killed and beeen shot at etc...........dont they have the right to take up artilary and attack their enemies when its clear the police arnt giving them protection?????

If someone shoots at u..and has killed ur family memermmbers - i recon u have the right to get a gun and go hunting for the ppple.

Look at that dude carl williams in melbourne - he was shot in the stomach, some of his best friends were murdered.........and a guy toook out a contract to have him killled and his father killled.

And now he is being charged for allegations and evidence he tried to have his enemies murdered. He should be freeed.

Thats fuckinngin bull shit.

Sure there is ppple who commit voilent crimes against innocent ppple............and they should be in jail.

In my opinion -- if you havent hurt anyone.......or you had a good reason to hurt someone..........................i think u should be given extreme leneancy under the law and in most cases..u shouldnt be put in jail.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
tattoodguy said:
In my opinion -- if you havent hurt anyone.......or you had a good reason to hurt someone..........................i think u should be given extreme leneancy under the law and in most cases..u shouldnt be put in jail.
In my opinion -- your a fuck wit.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
In my opinion -- your a fuck wit.
thorrny ignore him he's a troll, the more attention you pay the more he'll post and annoy the hell out of us.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I think the term 'whore' is overused and derogatory to women

HSC
tattoodguy said:
I think u misunderstood me.
The way you outline your opinions and present them so beautifully makes me think that it's very unlikely that anyone would misinterpret what you've said.

And yeah, well done in general. An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.

tattoodguy

OGm -- so you think and eye or an eye is wrong?

But then you condone putting ppple in prison and other forms of punishment?
Its the same fucking shit...........u talk about making ppple accountable --- that is the premis of an eye for an eye...

Whats wrong with ppple taking the law into their own hands??? when the police arnt doing a good job.

I dont seee how you can say...............punishment and accountability is right...but then u turn around and criticise the principal of an eye for an eye???? please explain.

Just to clarify - the woman who shot the robber dead - u think she deserves to be put in jail correct?

HSC
tattoodguy said:
OGm -- so you think and eye or an eye is wrong?

But then you condone putting ppple in prison and other forms of punishment?
Its the same fucking shit...........u talk about making ppple accountable --- that is the premis of an eye for an eye...

Whats wrong with ppple taking the law into their own hands??? when the police arnt doing a good job.

I dont seee how you can say...............punishment and accountability is right...but then u turn around and criticise the principal of an eye for an eye???? please explain.

Just to clarify - the woman who shot the robber dead - u think she deserves to be put in jail correct?
I think if someone kills someone else, and then you kill them, then you've both got blood on your hands. I don't think it's up to me to decide who lives and who dies, so that's not a call I'd be comfortable making, and certainly not one I would premeditate. My problem with an eye for an eye also arises in that I'm not a violent person. That's more of a personal call though, so of course your opinion will (and seems to) differ considerably from that.

The difference between people carrying out justice as they see fit and having it enforced by police is the fact that, presumably, police style law is more balanced, and fairer all round. I'm not comfortable with the thought of someone taking it out on me, without a fair trial, if they feel I've wronged them.

And yes, I'd advocate the imprisonment of criminals, as opposed to letting their victims do whatever they saw fit.

I don't recall commenting on the security officer who shot the robber, but seeing as you've asked I guess I should. It's obvious that they've both done the wrong thing, I'm not entirely sure as to the appropriate punishment, but that's why I don't pretend to be able to determine how the law should work. I assume there will be proceedings and an appropriate penalty determined. Failing that, thanks to the publicity I'd assume she'll at least have a lot of difficulty finding a new job.

I realise our legal system is far from perfect, but I'm 100% certain that it's much fairer in the long run than if everyone dished out their own brand of 'justice' as they saw fit.

tattoodguy

nice sitting on the fence over the security guard woman :)

I dont think the law should be ----------- everyone take the law in ur own hands and do what u like as you seee fit.

WE do need order and so forth,..........but bearing that in mind there needs to be some balance ------------------ its hard to argue that

If someone murdered a few of ur family memembers, freinds and shot at u.........and u go and kill that person...........that u should be sent to prison.

You should be freee. Thre are ppple in similiar circumstances to that.. like alledged drug dealers or gang members.........who have killed people who have murdered ppple around them and possssed a very real and serious threat to their own lives..................................i think in those circumstances......where that can be proven..they should be freeeeeeed.

Look at carl williams for example.

He was shot in the stomach - by a rival gang reportedly, many of his friends were murdered including his alleged body guard, alllegedly threatened by the police and other individuals.....and there was a hit man contracted to kill him, his friend and his father for like $300,000.

And now he is in jail, having to defend charges of inspriring murder or something --- ie he is being charged for like organising a murder on these ppple who have been threatening him and possing a threat to him.......

Dont u think that is fucked?

tattoodguy

Like if you were in his shoes..........................and its so obvious.......that u and ur family were in serious risk of being murdered.

Would u just sit back and wait to be killled? can we expect anyone to just sit back and wait to be killed? i dont think so.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
timrie6 said:
I think the term 'whore' is overused and derogatory to women
Depends on the context in which it was used such as 'Forum Whore' which is used to describe a person, male or female, that is frequently seen on internet forums.

HSC
tattoodguy said:
nice sitting on the fence over the security guard woman :)
Sitting on the fence, sorry, I was under the impression I said she'd get what she had coming.

The rest of your post isn't really worth the deliberation, I disagree with it all completely on a fundamental level. No, I don't think killing for 'revenge' is acceptable, so yes, someone should go to prison if they do it.

The example you state, is interesting. I know nothing about it so unfortunately I'll have to reply based on the information which you've provided. Forgive my prejudice, but I don't think that would happen to most law abiding, average dude type people. If placed in the same situation, perhaps I would think it's unfair, but seeing as I'm not likely to get messed up with any of that crowd, I think my chances are slim. People in gangs are ultimately commiting to causing problems, and bring much of the suffering upon themselves.

HSC
tattoodguy said:
Like if you were in his shoes..........................and its so obvious.......that u and ur family were in serious risk of being murdered.

Would u just sit back and wait to be killled? can we expect anyone to just sit back and wait to be killed? i dont think so.
We're all going to die in the end eventually anyway, personally I'd prefer to do it with a clean conscience. One would hope that a 'rival gang' wouldn't decide to wage war upon their family, not a problem seeing as I'm not in a gang in the first place, hence have no rival gangs that I'm aware of.

In the event that a rival gang did materialise, I'd do what I could to protect myself and my family within the confines of my own home. Beyond that, I'd hope that the police were doing their job and attempting to look after us.

Also, I don't mean to disrupt the flow of things, but what in the name of fuck does this have to do with anything? :) This seems extremely off topic.

tattoodguy

For arguement sake --- lets just say that carl williams..is a drug dealer etc even if thats the case ---------------------yes he should be charged for selling drugs under the law....... But you cant say, because he sells drugs...........he deserves what happens to him--- so he just has to sit back and get shot.

he still has a right to protect himself. we all deserve that.

U said u would just wait in ur own home and hope the police saved u --- there is evidence that police assisted in killing pppple in melbourne. and secondly...

if you loook at the news from time to time..............there are plenty of ppple who get avos etc and are still killed.............the police arnt body guards.

If someone really wants u killed and have killed others around u....... it would be nieve to think ur safe...relying on the police.

He has every right under the circumstances to killlllll those who pose a serious threat.

I dont really understand ur argument - police have a right to protect themselves..but the rest of us dont????????????? thats not well thought out.

HSC
tattoodguy said:
I dont really understand ur argument - police have a right to protect themselves..but the rest of us dont????????????? thats not well thought out.
That's because they are police, I'm not. Their job draws a significant amount of negative attention, as you've no doubt noticed. It's more important that they be allowed to defend themselves, while on duty, because while doing their job, they are often met with adversity. Conversely, I don't need to defend myself, because people don't attack me, harass me, or direct negative attention towards me, on a daily basis. It's completely different, their circumstances necessitate their allowance to protect themselves, for me it's completely unrequired because I just don't get the attention. Seeing as I don't sell drugs and am not involved in gangs, and seeing as I'm not a police officer, the level of hostility to necessitate me defending myself is, thankfully, absent.

And yes, I realise that relying on the police for my protection would be perhaps naive, but I'm not about to go start hunting down people causing the problems. This is sort of going nowhere, because there's no way in hell I can realistically imagine anyone feeling like exterminating my family and myself. If it comes up (almost certainly won't of course), then sure, I'll deal with it then.

It seems wrong to grant everyone the right to defend themselves based upon this example, when I'd imagine the majority of Australians are not in the process of being hunted down and exterminated by rival gangs. Maybe instead people can take this as a lesson as to why you don't join gangs, why you don't sell drugs, why you don't do things which necessitate a bodyguard.

In response to the melbourne police assisting in killings, yes, I know there are corrupt police. But what on earth can be done to solve that? One would hope that they are in the minority, and are, or will be, being dealt with. If you can't trust the police, who can you trust? I'm certainly not about to wage war on the world and do it all my way because of a few scum bags taking advantage of the rights afforded to them by being police, while at the same time neglecting their responsibilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)