Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
From almighty google itself:

A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be...: "Darwin's theory of evolution"

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
If there was a God and he was perfect, we wouldn't have children in Africa starving to death and thousands of people in Japan drowning in a tsunami. Events such as these would not happen in a perfect world. Therefore God is not perfect and your religion is completely flawed......
God's intention is not to make the world perfect, so you cannot call it "flawed" as you don't even know what the Bible articulates and values properly.

If God made everything perfect in the world, it would contradict his whole purpose in creating everything according to the Bible. individuals would be selfish, arrogant and ignore him totally. Ultimately, driven by materialistic desires also.

Why would we repent and rely on him to guide our life, if everything was perfect and we could just rely on our own ability to dictate our life.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
God's intention is not to make the world perfect, so you cannot call it "flawed" as you don't even know what the Bible articulates and values properly.

If God made everything perfect in the world, it would contradict his whole purpose in creating everything according to the Bible. individuals would be selfish, arrogant and ignore him totally. Ultimately, driven by materialistic desires also.

Why would we repent and rely on him to guide our life, if everything was perfect and we could just rely on our own ability to dictate our life.
It's a very good point.

If the world was intended to be perfect, there would be no purpose for heaven.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Most of you don't even know the basic values of Christianity and go off your limits. Do your research and find out before you spread false things.

And I'm ready to get criticized, so go at me all you want.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
if he judges fairly then why should atheists be scared of judgement day? because assuming he was judging fairly why would he condemn those who have tried searching for proof that he existed but then came to the conclusion that he doesnt exist due to the fact that he hasnt provided any real proof.
Not only atheists, but all religions that do value Jesus Christ's death would be judged also. He will only judge those fairly who acknowledge him as the Savior.

You have heard about the Gospel, the bible is abundantly available, churches, pastors and Christians are here. You have all the resources but you ignore it, and when Judgement Day comes unless you're saved, you will be ignored

Let me ask you one question, have you ever truthfully attempted in discovering God and his true purpose? You can't make a proper conclusion even without engaging properly.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
If everything was perfect, why would individuals be selfish, arrogant and materialistic?

If everything was perfect, by definition the humans would be well behaved.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
You have heard about the Gospel, the bible is abundantly available, churches, pastors and Christians are here. You have all the resources but you ignore it, and when Judgement Day comes unless you're saved, you will be ignored

Let me ask you one question, have you ever truthfully attempted in discovering God and his true purpose? You can't make a proper conclusion even without engaging properly.
It is possible to study the bible and conclude it is untrue.

RANK 1

HSC
Not only atheists, but all religions that do value Jesus Christ's death would be judged also. He will only judge those fairly who acknowledge him as the Savior.

yes. i believed in god until i started attending a catholic school and actually studied the bible and christianity which was the main reason why i am now an atheist. My question to you is, have you ever actually studied the bible and christianity objectively? (going to bible study does not count) because any1 who has done it properly will realise that its stories written by man

also why are you so sure that christianity is the one true religion?

Last edited:

Annihilist

HSC
Most of you don't even know the basic values of Christianity and go off your limits. Do your research and find out before you spread false things.

And I'm ready to get criticized, so go at me all you want.
It doesn't matter. You take your morals from an archaic work of fiction, and treat the stories as fact or gospel. You label everything as plain right or wrong, and thinking no further. You allow institutions and theology to think for you, eliminating the need to think for yourself and raising a breed of brain dead sheep. You persecute those who go against your idea of "right" and claim self-righteousness and a moral high ground.

You are incapable of seeing the world for what it is, and you cannot bear to think that you might be insignificant, worthless, and that the universe does not care about you. So you invent a God which does care about you. And the only reason you do so is because it is written in a book. A work of fiction. Why you claim one work of fiction to be true, and dismiss all others, cannot make sense to me.

If there is a higher power, there are an infinite number of ways it may be incarnated. Only one of which is your Christian God. How can you claim that your vision of such a higher power, so specifically outlined in the Bible, a compilation of fictional stories written by men, is the only true one? Only through ignorance could such a claim be made.

It appears your God has denied you the gift of intelligence.

Dash8

HSC

Oh I see. So he deprives almost 3 billion people in the world of basic necessities, health, education and happiness so that they are so desperate to find hope in something that they turn to God?

How awful :(

Dash8

HSC
It doesn't matter. You take your morals from an archaic work of fiction, and treat the stories as fact or gospel. You label everything as plain right or wrong, and thinking no further. You allow institutions and theology to think for you, eliminating the need to think for yourself and raising a breed of brain dead sheep. You persecute those who go against your idea of "right" and claim self-righteousness and a moral high ground.

You are incapable of seeing the world for what it is, and you cannot bear to think that you might be insignificant, worthless, and that the universe does not care about you. So you invent a God which does care about you. And the only reason you do so is because it is written in a book. A work of fiction. Why you claim one work of fiction to be true, and dismiss all others, cannot make sense to me.

If there is a higher power, there are an infinite number of ways it may be incarnated. Only one of which is your Christian God. How can you claim that your vision of such a higher power, so specifically outlined in the Bible, a compilation of fictional stories written by men, is the only true one? Only through ignorance could such a claim be made.

It appears your God has denied you the gift of intelligence.
Fantastic post and definitely the main reasons why people believe....

Dash8

HSC
It's a very good point.

If the world was intended to be perfect, there would be no purpose for heaven.
This doesn't make sense. If people die and go to heaven, won't they just loose faith in God once they get there since everything is perfect?

sweet_16

HSC
It is true that the holy books say god exists. But as an individual look around you, look at yourself do you think you just came about as science describes through evolution. Science can only go back to an extent. But what about the rest.. before the 4.6 billion years ago or even much more. Before you look at the facts surrounding God's existence, ask yourself, If God does exist, would I want to know him? Here then, are some reasons to consider...

1. The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate designer who not created our universe but sustains it.
2. The universe according to science had not always existed but flashed into being billions of years ago. It had a start... but what caused it? Science fails to explain for the sudden explosion of light and matter.
3. The existence of perfect harmony in the laws of nature. Even the Einstein himself declared that there is a creator of this well organised universe.
4. God had sent down prophets from time to time to guide mankind. These prophets have shown thousands of heavenly sign proving the existence of god.
For more information please email me. I like to thank the authors whose information I have used in my argument on this website.

IamBread

HSC
It is true that the holy books say god exists. But as an individual look around you, look at yourself do you think you just came about as science describes through evolution. Science can only go back to an extent. But what about the rest.. before the 4.6 billion years ago or even much more. Before you look at the facts surrounding God's existence, ask yourself, If God does exist, would I want to know him? Here then, are some reasons to consider...

1. The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate designer who not created our universe but sustains it.
2. The universe according to science had not always existed but flashed into being billions of years ago. It had a start... but what caused it? Science fails to explain for the sudden explosion of light and matter.
3. The existence of perfect harmony in the laws of nature. Even the Einstein himself declared that there is a creator of this well organised universe.
4. God had sent down prophets from time to time to guide mankind. These prophets have shown thousands of heavenly sign proving the existence of god.
For more information please email me. I like to thank the authors whose information I have used in my argument on this website.
1.In what way is the Universe "complex"? How do you differentiate between something which is "complex" and something which is "not complex". These are just arbitrary terms invented by humans in order to explain things. There is no 'this is the line between complex and not complex'. Something would only seem complex if you don't understand it. Rainbows were once thought to be complex, heavenly things until it was discovered that it was caused simply by light refracting in water droplets.

2.Your statement I have bolded shows you have very very little understand of the Big Bang theory.

3.The 'perfect harmony' exists because, well if there wasn't a 'perfect harmony' then we couldn't exist. And how can you say that the laws are in 'perfect harmony' when there is nothing that you can compare it to. You don't know what a universe would be like if the laws were different and you can't say that these laws are in 'perfect harmony.
And Einstein didn't believe in a personal God, so he'd disagree with you greatly on your beliefs. But so what if he did? Einstein didn't believe that quantum mechanics was right, but that doesn't mean I also don't think it's right. Giving examples of people believing in God no way enforces the validity of God's existence.

4.Give me an example of something that these "prophets" have shown to be a 'heavenly sign' proving the existence of God.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Its a fact that a single embryonic stem cell can lead to life. Complex as hell, but it has a scientific explanation and doesn't require a religious one.

Personally I believe in God, but the argument that the universe needs a designer because it is complex is rather misguided.

Annihilist

HSC

1: Why? Complex things don't need to be created by an intelligent entity. Science has explanations for this.
2: Science doesn't fail to explain. Science is yet to explain. Science is constantly investigating and researching for an answer, instead of dismissing it with a cop-out "God did it" answer.
3: Perfect harmony...what? Isn't this the same as your first point? No we don't have perfect harmony, this is an illusion. Nature is so incredibly flawed, some things are just stupid, but they exist. That's just the nature of nature. An intelligent creator would probably be retarded to create this world.
4: This just makes no fucking sense. In order to prove the existence of God, one cannot cite the Bible as a reference. The Bible is not proof of God's existence, it is a proposition of the theory of God's existence*. You cannot verify a proposition or a theory with itself. You need to search outside the Bible to verify it. Otherwise you are merely using self reference as evidence. What you are saying is "God exists because it says so in the Bible", and "The Bible is true because it says so in the Bible". It's like saying "I am right because I say I am". You haven't verified this claim at all, you have merely proposed an opinion. In order to verify this claim you need to search for evidence outside yourself.

*If one chooses to interpret it in such a way

Annihilist

HSC
Forgetting for the moment whether or not there is a god (BTW there isn't), do you believe that the benefits of organised religion outweigh the harm it causes?
Absolutely not.

How can you be so certain?
Statements like this are what keep religion alive. This is what gives it the weight it doesn't deserve.

"God" is a man made concept. Given that, it is infinitely unlikely that "God" is the correct answer to the problems and uncertainties of the world. If we take the supernatural into account, there are an infinite number of possible solutions to these problems (think about it - what are the limits of the supernatural?). "God" is but one of infinity possible solutions, so it is safe to assume that there is no God.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)