Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

lengstar

HSC
THANK YOU SO MUCH CHERRY! i've been looking everywhere for that!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
lol here we go again with bible contradictions...this is getting old now, go back to about page 60 if you want to see more

lengstar

HSC
i specifically wanted that one cause thats the one that pissed off one of my friends

PublicUser

Banned
HSC
come on like that wasn't funny? meh, its a bug me not account, couldnt be stuffed signing in.

PublicUser

Banned
HSC
heh, it was like that thing with your favourite movie, but with in my pants at the end, ie. The Passion of Christ, IN MY PANTS!!!! that was a fun day

PublicUser

Banned
HSC
seriously though, the god in my pants may be little, but damn is he vengeful (jesus h fucking christ i cant speel).

PublicUser

Banned
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
The posts in the other thread didn't address this.
Does God exist? Why or why not?
Please state reasons, not simply "I believe this."
Does God exist? No.
Why not? Because there is not one shred of evidence that he does, only faith, and faith means shit all. the only thing worse then christians are the mormons, what a dumb fucking religion.
random guy "Ah yeah, i umm found these tablets umm in my errr... pants or something, and they tell teh story of christ but only i may read them"
scribe "intriguing, ill write it down for you"
random guy tells american bullshit story laced with patriotism where jesus was infact an american while reading from a hat
scribe "wow!!!"

scribes wife "you dumb fuck what a load of bullshit, tell him you lost what you wrote down and he can read it again"
scribe "ok, i want anal later though"

scribe "i err lost the thing, do it again random guy"
random guy "oh shit jesus just visited me, he has ammended his story and wants it read differently"
scribe "well that seems perfectly ligitamate, lets make it a religion"

and thats the story of mormonism.

K

katie_tully

to think you've been debating this for a few weeks and it all comes down to public user's junior member.

lord is a penis. who'd have thunk.

K

katie_tully

speaking of mormons, anybody see John Safran vs. God when we road tested Mormonism, and tried to make an extreme skater movie, Mormon style?

Funniest shit I've ever seen.

PublicUser

Banned
HSC
yeah i really did bring this thread down a peg didnt i? you want i delete the posts and all can be forgotten??

K

katie_tully

*runs around squealing*

no, a penis with a holy mission is always a good thing to post in a highly christian thread.

continue, oh merciful lord.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
speaking of mormons, anybody see John Safran vs. God when we road tested Mormonism, and tried to make an extreme skater movie, Mormon style?

Funniest shit I've ever seen.
Ahaha that was classic!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
mack said:
I can sum this up in one sentence: You cannot prove or disprove God.
This statement has been said so much times in here, i think i myself said it way back in the first few hundred posts

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Whether or not God exists is not my place to say, so I won't. Whether or not I believe in Him is not important (Perhaps I do, perhaps I don't, but who really knows until they need reassurance :rolleyes: )

What I will say is that He persuades those who believe in him to do good, and to give people faith and hope when they need it. He even brings with him a conept of a better place, which is a comfort to the dying, and something to aspire to.

For all that I admire him! As to whether or not he exists, who cares? If you don't believe in him then let him alone for those who do have a reason to try and be good people, and have something to inspire them and give them faith.

It's a bit like one of you telling an devout infant that Santa doesn't exist. (The again, who's to say he doesn't. [well actually he doesn't because he was made up by the Coca Cola company] But then again, what's wrong with saying he exists.)

Back to the topic at hand, all this discussion over God is a mixture of envy, non-empathy and jealousy (not the best way to describe it, but my head hurts). People say God doesn't exist because they see that someone else has something they don't, something they can't understand, and their pithy jealously forces them to ruin it for those who possess it. Simple psychology.

As I said, whether or not I believe isn't important, but I do try to see it from all points of view - it's called empathy. And if people want to believe in God then let them. Hopefully they'll be better people for it, since they're tyring to earn their way into Heaven.

Anyway, another thing you must remember is that God is something that is there when there is nothing else. For a kid with Cancer who is dying the idea of a greater being and a Utopia above is more of a comfort than a "pragmatist" who says "God doesn't exist. Your going to die an unlived life and there is nothing we can do. Sorry mate."

And for all you non-believers wait until you're faced with a moment when you're uncertain of it all. Staring down death perhaps, facing some challenge you don't believe you can handle (they come in all forms), or have been given another chance.

I know people who never believed in God until they were faced with the possibility of death. Another person had their house raided for drugs and was lucky not to be caught again (facing a possible long imprisoment) that they gave up their bad habits and decided their was some reason that the police overlooked only that one spot.

Sure you get "loonies" who annoy, like "lesbians are witches", etc. But then again you get people who give everything a bad name. I know some Aborginals who wander around Newcastle gang bashing people at random and stealing their stuff. They give all Aboriginals a bad name, and create racist views. Some homosexuals go to far and give the majority a bad image (no names mentioned). Extremists give all the people of Muslim and Islam faith, and most of Middle Eastern descent. People of all cultures and all walks of faith give their peers and fellows bad names. Surely us Aussies don't want to be judged by (Insert name of hated Australian who disgraces our national identity here). You never measure the majority by the mad minority.

As I was saying, the question is not about whether He exists or not, but to let those who believe in Him alone. What greater social reformer is there? Most of our laws began with a belief in God. Most of our basic laws go back to the Ten Commandments "Thou shalt not kill" etc.

The greatest problem with this world (Ok, maybe not, but it's definetely top ten) is simple mindedness. People are racist. People are homophbic, xenophic etc, and and some cannot accept something that relies simply on faith. A little bit of acceptance reaches far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)