Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
I don't see contradiction in God's existance in your argument.

All I see is contradiction in a religion.
Yeah I agree with that..

I'm open to the existence of God, but religions themselves are a lot of rubbish

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yes i believe in god

i am not entirely sure why, but i do

i havent bothered to read through the 100 and something pages so far, but heres my reasons

science has substantiated that the universe was greated by the big bang. this is but a theory, there is evidence to support it, but as a theory, the creationist theory is just as valid so i dont wanna hear any1 dissing on it

i beleive in the big bang theory, the evidence supports it, but with all the evidence, not a single scientist can tell me what created the big bang, what actually set off the grape sized bundle of energy and made it expand to form the known universe? i beleive it is god, as the big bang theory is just a theory u cant really say otherwise, its just guess work what set it off but iam going with god

i also think it fits in nicely, as radiation from the big bang has been detected even today and its everywhere, i kinda like to think that we all have a little bit of that original explosion inside of us, and if it was god, or god set it off, we all have a bit of god in us

thanks for respecting my beleifs

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yeah i get what that dude is saying.

Cute with the whole "god is in each of us" thing.

And yeah, was it in this thread about how christianity and evolution can't go together? You can I guess, if you think about it. Say we REALLY figured out how the Big Band started, we know how it was done the the smallest detail. We can still say "that is how God did it".

Just adding a point to evolution vs christianity thing.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Serius said:

i havent bothered to read through the 100 and something pages so far, but heres my reasons

science has substantiated that the universe was greated by the big bang. this is but a theory, there is evidence to support it, but as a theory, the creationist theory is just as valid so i dont wanna hear any1 dissing on it
It isn't just as valid, there is no (or if any only a negligble amount of) evidence to support it

Serius said:
i beleive in the big bang theory, the evidence supports it, but with all the evidence, not a single scientist can tell me what created the big bang, what actually set off the grape sized bundle of energy and made it expand to form the known universe? i beleive it is god, as the big bang theory is just a theory u cant really say otherwise, its just guess work what set it off but iam going with god
So does the pope, but a singularity defies the physical laws hence meaning it can't be known, of course it might not be a singularity such as black holes were thought to be.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Serius said:

i also think it fits in nicely, as radiation from the big bang has been detected even today and its everywhere, i kinda like to think that we all have a little bit of that original explosion inside of us, and if it was god, or god set it off, we all have a bit of god in us

thanks for respecting my beleifs
I respect that you are entitled to believe what you do, but your reasons have already been refuted.

lengstar

HSC
superbird said:
somebodys smart :rolleyes:
i was about to say god created retards like you so the rest of humanity would feel better about themselves but decided against it. thanks for confirming my first thoughts so here's the post again.

Zarniwoop

god exists

if the big bang theory is correct then all matter in the universe just exploded out of nothing. Seems pretty unlikely. I belive that maybe it was Gods doing that made this happen. maybe God and science are relted to each other

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Whilst browsing through channels on optus i saw the Christian channel was talking about science so i decided to watch. They said the second law of thermodynamics provides evidence for God...something about it can be scientifically proven that nothing occurs by accident. Perhaps this may tie in with the big bang...im not sure as im not really up to date with thermodynamics

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
illusionist7 said:
Why does god make us suffer?
to punish us?
punish us for what?
punishing us for doing something he made us do?

seriously, wtf man

If god is so great, why doesnt everybody in the world believe in him? For all the people that aren't christian, why doesnt god make them christian so that they can believe in him?

if god exists and created us in his own image, why are we so imperfect? why doesnt god make life a paradise for everyone?

why does god allow people who challenge his existance to exist?

and another thing i couldnt work out --> why does god allow retards to exist?

the concept of god is pretty stuffed up if you ask me. why should we believe in something that doesnt make sense? Its stupid and dangerous.
make up ur mind ppl.................first u dont believe in a god that dosent give u free will..........then when ur given free will u call god evil and ask why dosent he do this for me and why dosent he do that........u want everything to be done for u.....y were u created then........to be perfect and do nothing.........not everything will be handed to u on a silver plater............geez ur such a whinger

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
Whilst browsing through channels on optus i saw the Christian channel was talking about science so i decided to watch. They said the second law of thermodynamics provides evidence for God...something about it can be scientifically proven that nothing occurs by accident. Perhaps this may tie in with the big bang...im not sure as im not really up to date with thermodynamics
It's rubbish. Pick anyone of the following arguments about the 2nd law of thermodynamics, there are refutations for all of them:

- 2nd law of thermodynamics prohibits evolution.
- Systems left to themselves invariably tend towards disorder.
- The 2nd law, and the trend to disorder, is universal.
- Instructions are necessary to produce order.
- The 2nd law is about organized complexity, not entropy.
- Evolution needs an energy conversion mechanism to utilize energy.
- Complexity doesn't come from simplicity.
- Tornadoes in junkyards don't build things.
- How could information, such as in DNA, assemble itself?
- 2nd law of thermodynamics applies to information theory.
- Cybernetic simulations show Darwinian processes don't produce order.
- Evolutionary algorithms smuggle in design in the fitness function.
- The outcome of Dawkins' WEASEL program was prespecified.
- NFL theorems prove evolutionary algorithms don't beat blind search.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
It's rubbish. Pick anyone of the following arguments about the 2nd law of thermodynamics, there are refutations for all of them:

- 2nd law of thermodynamics prohibits evolution.
- Systems left to themselves invariably tend towards disorder.
- The 2nd law, and the trend to disorder, is universal.
- Instructions are necessary to produce order.
- The 2nd law is about organized complexity, not entropy.
- Evolution needs an energy conversion mechanism to utilize energy.
- Complexity doesn't come from simplicity.
- Tornadoes in junkyards don't build things.
- How could information, such as in DNA, assemble itself?
- 2nd law of thermodynamics applies to information theory.
- Cybernetic simulations show Darwinian processes don't produce order.
- Evolutionary algorithms smuggle in design in the fitness function.
- The outcome of Dawkins' WEASEL program was prespecified.
- NFL theorems prove evolutionary algorithms don't beat blind search.
As i said my knowledge of second law of thermodynamics doesnt exist so i have no idea about those arguements. I just posted it merely to represent what i saw

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
As i said my knowledge of second law of thermodynamics doesnt exist so i have no idea about those arguements. I just posted it merely to represent what i saw
I like satays

also chicken

steak is good

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Again, i dont know much on the issue but the show was not saying evolution violates the 2nd law, they were talking about its use in providing evidence for God...not to disprove evolution

osk

HSC
illusionist7 said:
god does not exist because he contradicts his own existance.

sure, you can say god is beyond our reasoning but why is he beyond our reasoning? wouldnt god want us to understand him? or does he save that for when we die and go to heaven ? -___-''

Why does god make us suffer?
to punish us?
punish us for what?
punishing us for doing something he made us do?

seriously, wtf man

If god is so great, why doesnt everybody in the world believe in him? For all the people that aren't christian, why doesnt god make them christian so that they can believe in him?

if god exists and created us in his own image, why are we so imperfect?
and whats the deal with satan. If he is so bad and evil, why cant god destroy him and bring peace and happiness to the world? why doesnt god make life a paradise for everyone?

why does god allow people who challenge his existance to exist?

and another thing i couldnt work out --> why does god allow retards to exist?

the concept of god is pretty stuffed up if you ask me. why should we believe in something that doesnt make sense? Its stupid and dangerous.
Ill answer your question from a Biblical point of view...

Yes, God does want us to understand Him, he has already revealed much about Himself through the Bible and through His creations. He has revealed just the correct amount we have to know. However, we cannot fully comprehend, God, since He is infinate and we are finite....would he really be a god if we knew everything about Him?

The suffering we go through is a result of the curse God has placed on this earth - this happened as a result of the sin of the first man Adam. Adam rebelled against God and chose his own way of living - subsequently, we all inherit Adam's sin. Say what u like about this - but im sure ud agree that nobody is perfect - we are all sinners, yes, some more than others, but in the end all sinners. Gods punishment for our sin is suffering, disease, sadness, and ultimately death and a life in Hell separate from Him.

NO, God did not make us sin! He created us with a free will and a choice whether or not to obey Him. Think about it - Do you think God would be interested in creating beings which worshipped Him out of obligation? God allowed sin to take place to sort His true followers from the fakes. This also answers ur question as to why the whole world is not Christian and why God doesnt make us believe in Him.

By God creating us in His image - it is meant that we were created as His representatives on earth, and we possess in very limited ways some of His qualities, such as awareness of the spiritual dimension, emotions etc. Yes, when God created the first people, they were in His image, perfect in terms of what God desired them to be. However, Humans have since fallen short of God's standards through sin. This explains ur question of why we are imperfect.

God allows Satan to exist once again so that God's glory may be seen and true believers may be formed. If it were otherwise, people would be forced into obeying God. God has the power to destroy Satan at any time, but promises to do this when the world ends. Being a loving God, God has, despite all this, offered a way of salvation and eternal happiness - the payment for our sins in Jesus. In response to your question - yes God has created a paradise. God IS creating a place of peace and happiness - but in a place much better than this earth, which will pass away and is only a brief place of residence.

Why does God allow retards to be born? - well ud agree that retardation is a form of disease. The Bible says that disease and suffering (therefore including reatardation) is a result of man's sin against God. Some people might argue that God is unfair in that some mentally challenged people and young children are intellectually incapapble of even comprhending the possibility of a God. God, however, is a merciful God and will take into consideration these facts when judging the mankind.

Either way, those who are retarded are still offered a perfect life full of infinite happiness if they bvelieve in Jesus.

I hope what ive said has helped you understand what the Bible says about ur questions.

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
> Dear President Bush:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people
regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal
from you and understand why you would propose
and support a constitutional amendment banning
same sex marriage. As you said "in the eyes of
God marriage is a union between a man a woman."
I try to share that knowledge with as many
people as I can. When someone tries to defend
the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply
remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states
it to be an abomination... End of debate. I do
need some advice from you, however, regarding
some other elements of God's Laws and how to
follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves,
both male and female, provided they are purchased
from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims
that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians.
Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery,
as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and
age, what do you think would be
a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman
while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness
- Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have
tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I
know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9.
The problem is my neighbors. They claim
the
odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the
Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be
put
to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him
myself,
or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating
shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a
lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't
agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of
abomination?
7. Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar
of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to
admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision
have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room
here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed,
including the hair around their temples, even
though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How
should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin
of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play
football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by
planting two different crops in the same field, as
does his wife by wearing garments made of two
different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend).
He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it
really necessary that we go to all the trouble of
getting the whole town together to stone them?
Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death
at a private family affair, like we do with people who
sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and
thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters,
so I am confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is
eternal and unchanging.

lol, I got this as a fwd in email, couldn't find the other religion thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)