early entry (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
has anyone got a early entry with c grade for one of their subject but mostly are b or a ? im just worried cause i got a c thinking to apply for early entry but i saw a thread saying you need all straight a's.

HSC
that great, that means i have hope. Which courses can i apply with one c or can u tell me what u go into?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
that great, that means i have hope. Which courses can i apply with one c or can u tell me what u go into?
i applied for early entry for fun coz my actual course didnt offer it but i was offered commerce + b. of speech and hearing science( or smth like that) at macq and biomedical eng at uts

HSC
okkkk greatt. thanksss wait but do u get offered before hsc results or after

HSC
does anyone know when applications for early entry open? and what unis is it for is it mainly Macquarie uni and UTS?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
does anyone know when applications for early entry open? and what unis is it for is it mainly Macquarie uni and UTS?
isnt it all uni's except usyd not sure but im pretty sure applications open during the middle of the year (but every uni is different so u have to check the website)

HSC
@its_ace21 or @carrotsss do u know if uni actually cut you off cause of selection rank? What happens if a uni atar gurantted rank is 70 and so many people start applying that even someone got an atar of 72, they don't accept cause many 90+ atar people applied? Or does this never happen

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
@its_ace21 or @carrotsss do u know if uni actually cut you off cause of selection rank? What happens if a uni atar gurantted rank is 70 and so many people start applying that even someone got an atar of 72, they don't accept cause many 90+ atar people applied? Or does this never happen
guaranteed is guaranteed

Chiprr

HSC
isnt it all uni's except usyd not sure but im pretty sure applications open during the middle of the year (but every uni is different so u have to check the website)
My school's career advisor would post on the daily notices with a table of when applications and certain rounds opened and closed. I think some opened in early April/may and the last I remember seeing them was August

ziGma

HSC
could you get into UTS in some science or research thing through early entry with B or C grades?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
the uts people came to my school today for careers gazebo or sum shi and they said they'll accept u as long as it's reasonable grades, you can get in with C's too for law according to them... The UNSW people also said the same to us but my stupid ah school dont have gateway...
really law was my first pref at uts but i didnt get it, i thought u needed all A's

HSC
has anyone got a early entry with c grade for one of their subject but mostly are b or a ? im just worried cause i got a c thinking to apply for early entry but i saw a thread saying you need all straight a's.
I remember getting a fair amount of c's but i got uts early entry offer and other offers as well
i got the uts offer for electrical engineering

natsnapshoot

HSC
I applied through UNSW gateway for Chem eng and still got the offer even though my Chem grade for yr 11 was literally a C (rip me), although keep in mind gateway is mostly about personal statement

4lulai

HSC
I applied through UNSW gateway for Chem eng and still got the offer even though my Chem grade for yr 11 was literally a C (rip me), although keep in mind gateway is mostly about personal statement

What do you write your personal statement about?

natsnapshoot

HSC
What do you write your personal statement about?
there are three questions that you have to answer. They are:
  • Why are you interested in the degree you are applying for and how does it relate to your passions and goals?
  • What are your learning strengths and how have you applied them to overcome challenges in school or other aspects of your life?
  • Thinking about your future self at university, what do you identify as the key challenges for you and how do you plan to manage these?
I would recommend UNSW's nail it website to help write it:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)