English trials? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine was: there's a boy in a car. He's going to the airport to pick up his mum. The car crashes and he gets in a taxi. Meets his mum at the airport. Feels belonging.

Qwertyuioplm

HSC
I did not interpret this question well.

What is this question saying in simplistic terms?? o_O
I assumed it meant that either:

a) Someone can strive to belong (e.g. Edward Scissorhands; he changes his physical appearance, i.e. cuts his hair, in his attempt to embrace the challenge to belong)
b) Someone can not strive to belong (e.g. Romulus, My Father; the migrants unwillingness to appreciate the harsh-beauty of the Australian landscape demonstrates their reluctance to pursue belonging)

HSC
my related text didn't fit in very well at all, so i'm pretty screwed when my teacher reaches that para...

also, did we have to mention ALL the images in the creative? cos all i used was the first image...

HSC
also, i only wrote 2 very detailed paragraphs for my prescribed + 1 detailed paragraph for my related. was this a mistake?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
did essay 4.5 pages
then did story 6 pages
then did short response 3 pages

finished with 20 minutes to go. We'll see how i go.

HSC
did essay 4.5 pages
then did story 6 pages
then did short response 3 pages

finished with 20 minutes to go. We'll see how i go.
wtf

i can never ever ever finish an english exam on time, and my handwriting speed is pretty quick. how the hell do u finish that quick?

x3Reii

HSC
I did not interpret this question well.

What is this question saying in simplistic terms?? o_O
Basically, you can choose to belong or you can choose not to belong - each with their consequences that can be rewarding or hindering.

supermaneric

HSC
my related text didn't fit in very well at all, so i'm pretty screwed when my teacher reaches that para...

also, did we have to mention ALL the images in the creative? cos all i used was the first image...
the question said use element or element(s) of the stimulus so you should be fine.

I hate creative writing, mine always tend to go on for too long...

mirakon

nigga
HSC
wtf

i can never ever ever finish an english exam on time, and my handwriting speed is pretty quick. how the hell do u finish that quick?
meh i don't stop to think. also my related text luckily fit in really well with the question. My handwriting is also moderately big. Not only that, but I had a story idea beforehand which happened to fit in well with the question.

anne1010

HSC
wtf

x2
english for me is the most time deprived subject. stressing about not having time to write a conclusion all the time ftw!

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
I had some really weird things.

1st text facebook
-Multiple images of different people and appearences forms a sense of cohesive belonging between people.
2nd The pie
-Recurring motif of the pie is symbolic of his strong relationship with the Australian culture and also evocative of his life in Australia.

3rd
Poem

-Serene Imagery of the sun pollen or some thing , I said it enables him to connect to the environment and gain a sense of belonging.

Fourth

-I wrote unity is required during times of hardships and to also create a strong sense of belonging.

-Conflict between the protaganist and her friend causes loss of belonging or etc.

Comparison of two texts

Text four versus Text one facebook. (Mainly said about relationships of people how its fundamental in shaping one's belonging)

Can anyone confirm my ideas were valid or not?
I did pretty much the exact same! But, for the last one how it was about the relationship between personal experiance and belonging, i contrasted the newspaper article and the experience as an immigrant and hence belonging to culture with the poem and the mushroomers experience being different, hence belonging to the land... Wasn't very well articulated though and pretty scrappy stuff.

yew

HSC
hows everyone doing tomorrow. is it advisable attempting to memorise all 3?

Chambalam

HSC
hows everyone doing tomorrow. is it advisable attempting to memorise all 3?
Possibly.

2009 Module A... 'how do texts explore disruption and identity' - if you've memorised your previous essay too thoroughly you'll slow yourself down trying to half re-write it as you go

dela_

HSC
N/A
For the last question in the short answers I didnt read that we had to contrast our texts:S did we have to ... ?

Last edited:

yew

HSC
yeah fair call. i think i can get away with it for mod c but not a or b. hamlet will be a bitch cuz theres so many themes

Chambalam

HSC
yeah fair call. i think i can get away with it for mod c but not a or b. hamlet will be a bitch cuz theres so many themes
Good thinking. Since they bulk-question module C they tend to be a tad more generic, as opposed to Hamlet or Comparative asking for a SPECIFIC aspect of the text.

The issue isn't really the specification, its when they say 'how does it explore THIS_____' as opposed to 'do you agree?' - if you can write, any kind of 'does this resonate with your understanding?' is an easy one

yew

HSC
thanks for your help Cham. i am good at memorising essays,
as i get into the exam and stress out- leaving no time to think of ways to write something. so i pre-write my essay.

with this in mind, for hamlet should i do a generic essay with a para for each sort of theme? or should i just memorise quotes and then evaluate and analyse in the exam?
cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)