First-year IT Camp 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
m1nx said:
You'll have to introduce yourself when you register tomorrow - maybe we could fix up a little something for you :) I'll be the girl with the red... nailpolish? Say hi!

As for everyone else who's hoping that this IT camp had "better be good" (OR ELSE!!!), trust me - I know how you feel! But I was rather surprised as it turned out to be heaps of fun and I made a lot of friends throughout the faculty that I wouldn't have ordinarily met (e.g. Biz/Comp people).

In any case, does any one have any suggestions as to what would make camp worth your while in your eyes? Games? Ice-breakers? Glowsticks? (haha).
i dont think u need to bring anything.

m1nx

HSC
SashatheMan said:
i dont think u need to bring anything.
Mmm this time around I do - yellow shirt. What did you think of camp last year/how do you think it could be better?

Jamsi said:
Get some late night poker games happening :)
I'm more or less sure this will go ahead even if it's not planned - excellent way to rort some camp cash from other people ;)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
m1nx said:
Mmm this time around I do - yellow shirt. What did you think of camp last year/how do you think it could be better?

I'm more or less sure this will go ahead even if it's not planned - excellent way to rort some camp cash from other people ;)
so u were one of the yellow shirt people last year?

oceanstar

HSC
SashatheMan said:
dont worry, they put all the females that dont know anyone alone with 10 other guys. for a bonding session
And what exactly does the "bonding session" compose of?

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
Lol... "bonding"... I'm wondering how close they want people to get bonded -- what's the average guy:girl ratio anyway??

Does anyone know if there are alot of people that come from outside of Sydney?? I'm coming down from Maitland (near newcastle) ... and it would be cool to find ppl who probally know no one.. or even know people that other people might know!!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
average girl to guy ratio is around 1:1, however, the average girls who actually look like girls to guys is 1:100

joolee

HSC
oh look my first post. great. finally get to use this forum AFTER my hsc. hmm atleast i know 2 people goin to the camp with me, and hope theres alotta girls so i wont be nigelated +_+

oh look santa claws:santa:

btw are the people whos gettin the late offers comin aswell? its abit late to tell them now ay..

oceanstar

HSC
I only know a friend of a friend that's going to that camp. But I've only talked to her once, and that's on MSN.... :mad1:

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Know one person, not sure if they are going ... I guess this is the whole point though :) .. prepare to be cleaned out of all your camp money after facing off with my unbelievable poker bluffing skills

joolee

HSC
i seriously hope there aint many hard activities, since IT is male dominant.. i wouldn't want to see everyone laughin at me cos im scared of heights.. my legs even shake lookin down burwood westfield level 1 -__-

oceanstar

HSC
:lol: me too! I can't even climb a ladder without getting my hands sweaty.... how sad.... i'm THAT scared of heights...

joolee

HSC
i wonder if we get to sit with people whos doin another course but in the same faculty on the bus.. cos i know nobody doin my course darn.. wouldn't want to sit next to someone who doesn't speak at all for a whole hour.. omg not exciting at all

joolee

HSC
has anyone packed their stuff yet? lol i think its abit earli to ask.. hmm i still need to find my sleepin bag, and whys the camp on valentines.. farout and its also my friends 18th bday on the 13th. noobness.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
There's a fair few girls going this year, so don't worry about feeling left out! Well we have students going on the camp for all the IT courses, so you'll be mixed in with BScIT, BIT, BBus/BComp and BMathComp students. We get you guys do to bus activities on the bus, so you'll kinda be forced to talk to each other, so yeh don't worry about that :p

It'll probably be warm/hot in the daytime, but may get cool at night (depends how late you stay up I guess), so you might want to pack different types of clothes. A hat is a good idea as well as well as sunscreen.

Last edited:

joolee

HSC
lol activities on the bus.. i'd love to sing "the wheels of the bus go round and round, round and round.."

joolee

HSC
umm do you know how many people are attending the camp? cos i heard, this rumour that last year only 5 people went to the uts law camp =S

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
not activities!!! I'll be sleeping!!! 3 hour train trip for me down to central station.. I'll probally have to leave here at like 9am.. which is like an hour at least b4 i usually get up! *groans*... I haven't packed my stuff yet.. but I know where all my camping gear is, so I'll just throw a bunch of stuff into my hiking bag and off I go!!

joolee.. do you have a valentine that you were planning on seeing on V-day?? That was one of my mates first questions when I told him the dates - why is it on valentines day!! why can't they be 133t and have it on some other day! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)