First-year IT Camp 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joolee

HSC
yeh man that means i'll have to go out on the weekends instead of tuesday, but i think i'll be on the phone all night on tues. haha. lol i might even bring an extra long cable to charge my phone with.

and yeh i saw the pics of last years it camp, looks abit like our year 11 jindabyne trip. not bad.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Close to 160 students. You might want to being a power adapter as you might not be the only girl in your cabin on the phone that night =p.

joolee

HSC
yeh im plannin to be real nice n bring a power adaptor. 160 students is alot.. damn, why cant they all come on bos forum =P

joolee

HSC
thats a realli good idea jasee.. lolz this is outta the topic but.. how do you become a moderator? do you get paid? lol

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I don't think we have any BOS stickers left >.<.

I'm not 100% sure about the power outlets, but from memory there probably is.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
I've got 1 BOS sticker.. but im not giving it away!!
I'm gonna guess if we dont have a poweroutlet in our room they'd let us charge stuff up during the day or something if we needed too.

How much free time do we get.. so i know what kinda stuff i need 2 bring.. eg card games, music, maybe some movies.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
We give you a fair bit of free time, especially on the 2nd day, but we have like organised activities running during that time, so that you guys aren't bored. So, we give you the option to do whatever you feel comfortable doing. You can bring whatever, but just know that we organise stuff for you guys whether possible, and anything you bring is your own responsibility =p.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
ah... cool jasee.. sounds very layed back and relaxed :).. i like the sounds of that... ill have to see what i can fit in my bag ;).. and which bag i bring ;).
try and get some BOS promo stuff down there. i'm pretty sure it will go down well.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
joolee said:
cos i know nobody doin my course darn..
same as me :(

joolee said:
has anyone packed their stuff yet? lol i think its abit earli to ask.. hmm i still need to find my sleepin bag, and whys the camp on valentines.. farout and its also my friends 18th bday on the 13th. noobness.
a job for late sunday arvo..

oceanstar

HSC
I agree... It's only for 3 days and 2 nights so it should only take an hour at most to pack everything.

I hate sleeping bags thou. I don't know why but I never find it comfortable.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Ah i feel sorry for u guys having yours over valentines day
that sucks

At least law camp is after it. But i miss the valentines day foam party :eek:
biomic said:
Know one person, not sure if they are going ... I guess this is the whole point though :).. prepare to be cleaned out of all your camp money after facing off with my unbelievable poker bluffing skills
have fun Benny - no tracks next week though :( I'll be gone and u'll be dead tired

But with my camp, the ppl I know so far aren't going :eek: One's working and the other can't make it.
Ours isn't compulsory though

SW220

HSC
So in this IT camp do we absolutely have to swim?

And also, does anyone know how many people brought sleeping bags in previous years...i dont know if i should bring one.

oceanstar

HSC
Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from central station to where we're suppose to meet on Monday? Less than 1/2 hr?

joolee

HSC
i'm gettin a lift haha =P and yer oceanstar it should take less than 1/2 hour.

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
oceanstar its not that far at all! .. and cheers joe :p, trax the week after for sure!! ..

and ive just found out the person I know in the course aint coming :< .. keep ur phone on lol

joolee

HSC
same here dude, thought my friend was comin but he aint.. not pro.

joolee

HSC
biomic said:
oceanstar its not that far at all! .. and cheers joe :p, trax the week after for sure!! ..

and ive just found out the person I know in the course aint coming :< .. keep ur phone on lol
wait wait.. who you callin joe? i assume you aint callin me? am i correct? =/ cos my nick is meant to be pronounced julie...

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
In regards to sleeping bags, most people bring them because it's small and light, so they are easy to carry. Basically, you guys get given an empty bed, so it's up to you how you want to sleep. You'll need something to put your head on (so pillow, clothes, etc) and something to put over yourself (so sleeping bag, sheets, etc). Up to you guys.

The meeting place is behind UTS Building 5 at the Haymarket Campus (as shown on your map). You'll see giant bus bays there, so just wait there. It's about a 10 minute walk from Central. Take the intercity exit (the one facing George St, not Eddy Ave) and go down the hill and cross at Railway Square. Then go down Quay St, turn left at Ultimo Rd (when you see the UTS Library) then turn right into Darling Drive. Alternatively, exit Central station on the UTS tunnel side, go all the way through the tunnel, go down behind the ABC building, down the ramp all the way to Ultimo Rd and then just then left onto Darling Drive. If that's all confusing, then just find your own way to get there and leave yourself with plenty of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)