First-year IT Camp 2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamsi

HSC
I'll be wearing a yellow and blue striped Tshirt with a hat. Say hi :)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
goan_crazy said:
Ah i feel sorry for u guys having yours over valentines day
that sucks

At least law camp is after it. But i miss the valentines day foam party :eek:

have fun Benny - no tracks next week though :( I'll be gone and u'll be dead tired

But with my camp, the ppl I know so far aren't going :eek: One's working and the other can't make it.
Ours isn't compulsory though
its joe =O hope to catch up for longer sometime during o-week..

and isn't it going to be too hot for a sleeping bag.. i'm opting for sheets and pillow.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
depends on the thermal rating of your sleeping bag and where in the blue mountains we are - it can get quite cool at night in some spots. I'm taking my sleeping bag cause I'm going hiking style and packing everything into my proper hiking back pack, so sheets aren't the best option for me anyway.

Jamsi, I'll look out for you - providing there arent more than 1 of you wearing those colours on clothing!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You're looking at min 18, max 32 at the moment. I'm not sure how warm/cool it will be at night though.

The camp is at the foothills of the blue mountains, rather than in them, as your camp booklet says, so don't expect it to be too cool (but it can be cool at night sometimes).

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Don't be nervous. It'll be fine =).

Hmmm I'm waiting for all you guys to have a last minute stress about what to pack and stuff...it always happens :p

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
I could go check this on the note, but its so far away from me at the moment :p .. for the bag, do we need to carry that with us on the bus? .. in which case id assume it would need to be pretty small? ...

anyway .. ill the the one in the bright red white stripes shirt

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
They store your large bag in the trunk of the bus, as this won't really fit on the bus. So, don't feel like your restricted to a really small bag, but don't bring a lot of stuff either. Remember, you'll have to carry it around :p. You can take a smaller bag on the bus if you want (not too big), if you're bringing valuables like mobile phones, ipods, cameras, etc that might break in the luggage compartment.

Jamsi

HSC
jasee said:
Hmmm I'm waiting for all you guys to have a last minute stress about what to pack and stuff...it always happens :p
lol, are you serious? People need to relax more, chill out it'll be fun! :)

joolee

HSC
omg noo i have to go out dinner soon THEN i'll be at a party.. therefore i'd have to pack my bag next morning.. ok so if anyones late, it'll be me =(

so hectic =/

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Doesn't take long to pack. I guess you got some time in the morning. Just make sure you are there before 1pm!

oceanstar

HSC
Are we going to do do any activities on the first day that requires us to wear "close-in" shoes? Cause I don't have enough socks for 3 days.... they're all in the laundry :p

btw, how early are pplz going to arrive tomorrow?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Some of the activities on the first day may require closed-in shoes, but its right before dinner, so you can just keep your shoes on during dinner and take it off afterwards.

joolee

HSC
jasee said:
Doesn't take long to pack. I guess you got some time in the morning. Just make sure you are there before 1pm!
okayz jasee i decided not to go partying.. im gonna start packin soon =) me not gonna b late haha =P gonna see all you BOS ppl tomorrow:rofl:

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
oceanstar said:
btw, how early are pplz going to arrive tomorrow?
The train im catching from newcastle arrives at central at 11:10am....I've started packing now. I'll have pleanty of time to grab some lunch and then walk over to the UTS Library.. maybe go to Paddys markets or something while I'm waiting. What time are people going to start arriving .. I'll probally arrive at 12:15 cause I'll get bored easily.

Since I'll have a laptop with me (I'm going elsewhere after this camp instead of home).. Can I use the UTS wireless network with the same student number/password as i do for uts mail and all that stuff?

joolee

HSC
i'll prolly be there at 12:30, cos mum's always real careful about things. if you see me, say hi, im an ugli asian chick wit prolly black top and prolly be carryin a stuffed toy cos it doesn't fit in my bag.

btw anyone bringin a pillow? hope someone replies.. its pretty late i guess

joolee

HSC
ah my pillow is too big! im gonna bring my cushion instead, it fits in my bag. good stuff.

joolee

HSC
umm are we allowed to sit next to someone whos not doin the same course as us? on the bus
or do we have to sit wit the people doin our course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)