Five teens die in worst smash ever seen (1 Viewer)

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
lol yeah but RTA feel the need to limit hazards and shit, so 200km/h is probably quite safe on the barrier highway, but if u fall asleep, have a blowout, a roo jumps infront of u etc and you go off teh road, or roll or something then you have a pretty good chance of your wreckage being spread over hundreds of metres of desert

whereas if the same unfortunate accidents happen at 100km/h you have a much higher chance of avoidance or survival

and stuff

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
What is this "cars are hard to handle at 120 km/h" rubbish? If you can't control a car at 120 on a highway you shouldn't be on the road. Seriously so many cunts in this country can't drive on multilane roads for shit. Stick in the right lane at 10 km/h under the speed limit, over take on the left, etc. etc. There should be a highway section of the driving test IMO, and then we could get rid of the moronic 90 km/h speed limit for P platers. Speed isn't doesn't kill, differences in speed do.

Edit: Also in my experience RWD family cars are a fuckload more stable at moderate speed than hatchbacks.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
My mate lives nearby and drove past the accident not long after it happened :s His sister was drinking with the driver not half an hour before it happened.

Fucking waste.
i know. that looks like a 100+ year old tree.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The road toll could be thoroughly reduced by replacing telegraph poles with underground cables

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
the road toll could be reduced by making unrollable cars and moving everything underground and having car traffic controllers so no cars ever cross paths

lol yh that was the worst, goin up the freeway in the lux, 90-100km/h, no high speed stability, got swamped by cunts it was intimidating,

in 100km/h zones i was fine because as the RTA has stated themselves, smooth flowing traffic is the ideal and safest situation, having a section of road users stuck 10-20km/h slower than others is fucking moronic

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Yeah, that is by far the stupidest of all P Plater restrictions IMO.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Yeah agreed, luckily i got a VIC license now. With VIC license, you can do the speed limit e.g 110km/h in a 110km/h zone. I got it because i bought a VIC registered car btw, not just because i wanted to do speed limit. I live on VIC-NSW border so makes it easy to swap.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Don't you need to get whatever licence of where your address is?

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Don't you need to get whatever licence of where your address is?
Yeah, i "moved" to a friend's address lol So now i just get election notices/fines to that address. Made it easier than to change over registration to NSW, then changing it back to VIC when i move in like 5 weeks to Melbourne. To own a VIC registered car, you must have a VIC license.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
How did they know the car was doing 140km/h?
forensics. in most cases, the driver would've slammed on the break, and you can tell how fast the driver was going by looking at the length of the skid and the point of impact.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Police are investigating the possibility alcohol was involved in yesterday’s horror smash in which five young men were killed.

Driver Steven Johnstone was driving at speeds of about 140km/h when the car crashed into a large tree in Mill Park about 1.50am on Sunday morning, police say.

Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Ken Lay today said a witness had come forward and suggested Mr Johnstone may have been involved in ‘‘drinking activities’’ before the crash.

Alcohol may have been a factor in horror crash, say police

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
forensics. in most cases, the driver would've slammed on the break, and you can tell how fast the driver was going by looking at the length of the skid and the point of impact.
It's still an estimate though, because the car is still moving when it collides.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Not ideal to drive at 140km/h in north Melbourne. Sure some people can do it, because they have the experience (or dumb luck) to pull it off. If the conditions were different - smooth, straight road - then it would work.

Speed didn't kill them, the tree did.

RIP anyway. Too young to die.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
140 in a 110 might be safe depending on the weather/traffic conditions but anything less and it's pretty fucking dumb.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
When i drove in NT, We drove in an XR6, sat on 200km/h. Never felt unsafe at all. I still think speed limit should be raised to 140km/h on Highway. All turns on highways have >=3% crossfall, this would compensate for the speed.
This and the other people who made comments about 140km/h on Australian Highways... this scares me.... firstly because I am yet to see Evidence of Australian drivers being good enough to move on our Highways and freeways like this. In Europe the approach to Freeways was so different, the way people moved on it was a much more fluid way of moving. Also, basically all the Freeways in Europe are 130km/h now... and their freeways are much MUCH better built than ours are...

Ford falcon- towing capacity of 2300kg
Amount of people needing to tow 2.3 tonnes on a regular basis outside work? Very few... having to prove that you own a trailer already registered with the RTA and therefore need an exception... very easy.

To whoever said there should be a blanket ban on non-work related powerful cars...I try to avoid flaming, but seriously wtf what kind of man are you?
I was so tempted to go for some your mum related joke here...

But i'm the kind of man who has driven quite a few high powered cars, and does not see the need for them for an average person without having to prove that they can control it first, and that they need that kind of power for a reason... for instance, towing large boats, work purposes, heavy equipment.

Not a blanket ban... but some more restrictions... while YOU might be able to control a car at 130km/h if something goes wrong, my impression of so many drivers I see on the road is that they couldn't, and frequently DON'T remain in control.

A P Plater is not allowed to drive a V8... but somehow, when they move to their full licence they gains some magical experiential insight that allows them to know infinitely more about driving and hence be able to control that much power. Or when they turn 25, they instantly stop being rev heads and it becomes much cheaper for them to own a car like that with insurance costs going down...

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
these fuckers have nothing on these dudes

[youtube]EyynqfdhfNk&hd=1[/youtube]

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
i'm going to hell

news.com.au images of their friends' tributes... it's like looking at a car crash

:eek:

note the empties everywhere

"remembering our friends through littering"

alcohol tributes to underage hoons, seriously how fucking stupid are these people

goodnight sweet prince... of trees

smash or trash?
(or both)

"if only it'd been all of us!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)