Foods that make you go 'eww'... (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
haha yeah i'm considering carrying around a few wasabi sachets with me from now on (none of my mates at uni eat it with their sushi, i'll scab it off them). I had the fucking worst sinus the other day and was liek "fuck i need some wasabi"

stephenchow

HSC
jemsta said:
oh i also have a profound dislike for sushi
Have you actually tried it?

I myself wasnt very keen when I never tried it but it's actually pretty good when I did. It's not like oysters where its all icky and gooey.

Also, the sushi you see like in unis or at some over the counter shop say the Sushi Junction at Chatswood (usually their rolls with tuna, or beef), arent really sushi. They just wrap cooked tuna from cans in rice and seaweed. Got to go to at least a sushi train to try the real deal or a real place where they make it fresh.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
stephenchow said:
Have you actually tried it?

I myself wasnt very keen when I never tried it but it's actually pretty good when I did. It's not like oysters where its all icky and gooey.

Also, the sushi you see like in unis or at some over the counter shop say the Sushi Junction at Chatswood (usually their rolls with tuna, or beef), arent really sushi. They just wrap cooked tuna from cans in rice and seaweed. Got to go to at least a sushi train to try the real deal or a real place where they make it fresh.
err...yes or else why i would say they taste like shit uh?

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
i used to live on sushi.. like breakfast lunch and tea. now its something i have maybe once a month. but yer, definately need the fresh stuff :)
im not a fan of steak or pork, fish when its whole (head,tail n all), beef burgers from anywhere and those rice rolls.. tried it once and nearly munted.

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
I hate those Vietnamese Rice paper rolls. Fucking gross.
you mean those fresh ones that have like fresh chopped up vegetables and coriander and then chicken or whatever in them? and you dip them in that thai sauce?

dude, they are SO GOOD. fuck, i want some now :eek:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
katietheskatie said:
you mean those fresh ones that have like fresh chopped up vegetables and coriander and then chicken or whatever in them? and you dip them in that thai sauce?

dude, they are SO GOOD. fuck, i want some now :eek:
yeah im in agreeance
how could you not like them
its like ricepaper/noodles carrot and good salady shit and stuff
theyre amazing

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
HotShot said:
Spring rolls?
spring rolls arent made of rice paper.
nor do they have good salady shit in them (nor am i sure if they are noodles :S)

they are gross and oily and shit. ricepaper rolls are clean as a whistle

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
-ballerina- said:
-seafood
-marshmallows
-cream
-meat!!! (yuk, except chicken, chickens kool:p)
-peaches
-tomatoes
-cocnut

sooo much more, but i have hmwk to do :( so i cnt continue *tear*
my guess is that you have a problem with texture

CieL

HSC
HotShot said:
Yeah I know obviously these fucks havent tried any decent seafood dishes and live off fish & chips - disgraceful - dont blame them though.
I disagree..

Hmmm.. I hate the majority of seafood.. eg. crab, lobster, oysters, mussels.. usually the crap with shells.. except abalone.. LOOOOVE abalone..

Having said that, I've sampled seafood from various places.. the famous long legged crabs in Japan, the biggest crabs n lobsters from top end places in HK, prawns straight out of the water in Malaysia/Thailand/Singapore, oysters from the fish-market, seafood from the most expensive seafood restaurant in Chinatown.. and still dont like it..

It's just personal taste.. I personally hate that salty stench that comes out from seafood.. especially shellfish..

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
CieL said:
I disagree..

Hmmm.. I hate the majority of seafood.. eg. crab, lobster, oysters, mussels.. usually the crap with shells.. except abalone.. LOOOOVE abalone..

Having said that, I've sampled seafood from various places.. the famous long legged crabs in Japan, the biggest crabs n lobsters from top end places in HK, prawns straight out of the water in Malaysia/Thailand/Singapore, oysters from the fish-market, seafood from the most expensive seafood restaurant in Chinatown.. and still dont like it..

It's just personal taste.. I personally hate that salty stench that comes out from seafood.. especially shellfish..
haha and the worse thing is that were asian :p
my parents and relos all love their seafood, and whenever i go out with them, i feel kinda left out :(
fried rice ftw

CieL

HSC
jemsta said:
haha and the worse thing is that were asian :p
my parents and relos all love their seafood, and whenever i go out with them, i feel kinda left out :(
fried rice ftw
Yeah I know what you mean..
My whole family n all my relos eat craploads of seafood.. And when we're with other families, esp special gatherings.. the table is dominated with seafood.. I'm just sitting there.. my chopsticks untouched.. with a bowl of plain rice.. not knowing what to eat..

EDIT:
BWAHAHA I just remembered a fk'd up story.... from a friend that came back from China..
He was eating with his relos at a restaurant... and they ordered some type of congee..
As the dish came, he looked at it and realised there was some sort of long thing floating at the top..
When he asked what it was.......................

His relos told him it was a bull's penis

Last edited:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
melimoo said:
spring rolls arent made of rice paper.
nor do they have good salady shit in them (nor am i sure if they are noodles :S)

they are gross and oily and shit. ricepaper rolls are clean as a whistle
holy shit.
i eat these every day.

cooked chicken, vermicelli noodles, tiny bit of mint, and some lettuce.
fucking ace.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Born Dancer said:
holy shit.
i eat these every day.

cooked chicken, vermicelli noodles, tiny bit of mint, and some lettuce.
fucking ace.
if i ever buy lunch from uni - its these or an apple
fuck. its all i ate last yr
the ones with mint are soooooooooo good.
have i mentioned i have a mint fetish and all i ever want for birthday/christmas/whatever apart from a dog is a mint plant :eek:

CieL

HSC
Asian food:
Smelly tofu...

That shit reeks a radius of 100m.... no joke....
If you go to HK, you'd be able to smell where the smelly tofu stalls are.... long before you see it....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)