Foods that make you go 'eww'... (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
OMG rice paper rolls! They dont sell them at uni, just normal sushi.

FUCK!

I'm going to learn how to make them. They cant be that hard can they?
lol then i'll mail em to you.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
CieL said:
Asian food:
Smelly tofu...

That shit reeks a radius of 100m.... no joke....
If you go to HK, you'd be able to smell where the smelly tofu stalls are.... long before you see it....
bahahaha, more like stinky tofu
but yes, i heard its actually quite nice, but the smell is a big turn off
i love those stalls that sells beef/fish balls and other stuff at a cheap ass price :D

HotShot

-_-
HSC
CieL said:
I disagree..

Hmmm.. I hate the majority of seafood.. eg. crab, lobster, oysters, mussels.. usually the crap with shells.. except abalone.. LOOOOVE abalone..

Having said that, I've sampled seafood from various places.. the famous long legged crabs in Japan, the biggest crabs n lobsters from top end places in HK, prawns straight out of the water in Malaysia/Thailand/Singapore, oysters from the fish-market, seafood from the most expensive seafood restaurant in Chinatown.. and still dont like it..

It's just personal taste.. I personally hate that salty stench that comes out from seafood.. especially shellfish..
So you basically only tried Asian seafood - you know there is whole of other ethnic dishes out there. But I guess some people just dont like seafood for some reason.

spring rolls arent made of rice paper.
nor do they have good salady shit in them (nor am i sure if they are noodles :S)

they are gross and oily and shit. ricepaper rolls are clean as a whistle
Spring rolls - can have anything inside them, and as long its roll it can be rice paper or just normal puff pastry. Just different kinds of spring rolls. As Jemsta put it -viet spring rolls.

@Melimoo:
if i ever buy lunch from uni - its these or an apple
An apple?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Skeeta said:
OMG rice paper rolls! They dont sell them at uni, just normal sushi.

FUCK!

I'm going to learn how to make them. They cant be that hard can they?
lol then i'll mail em to you.
If your artistic and creative it should be a breeze if not then its a hassle.

Buy some rice paper from asian supermarket and soak it in water for like a minute (cold water).

Meanwhile get all stuffing ready and then put paper on the plater and put little stuffing and then make roll. Then fry it in oil.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
I'm not particularly picky, but if there's one thing I don't eat, it's coriander. I have no idea why but i can't stand the taste or the smell, and if it's used in any dish I can't eat it.

Other than that I guess I eat pretty much anything... well except for stuff that's too fatty... eg my stepmother likes to cook big bits of lard for dinner, like wtf?

Skeeta

HSC
HotShot said:
If your artistic and creative it should be a breeze if not then its a hassle.

Buy some rice paper from asian supermarket and soak it in water for like a minute (cold water).

Meanwhile get all stuffing ready and then put paper on the plater and put little stuffing and then make roll. Then fry it in oil.
:confused:

These things i'm talking about are most definitely NOT fried in oil.

CieL

HSC
^ He doesn't know what he's talking about..
You dont soak the rice paper in cold water. You soak it in hot/boiling water for like 2-4secs, put on a plate.. n basically put whever you want in it.. roll it up n eat it on the spot..

I love Summer Rolls from vietnamese restaurants..

HotShot said:
So you basically only tried Asian seafood
Well.. I cant think of any other seafood that tastes better than Asian..
Maybe there is, but I haven't noticed any..
Any recommendations?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
CieL said:
^ He doesn't know what he's talking about..
You dont soak the rice paper in cold water. You soak it in hot/boiling water for like 2-4secs, put on a plate.. n basically put whever you want in it.. roll it up n eat it on the spot..

I love Summer Rolls from vietnamese restaurants..
Well.. I cant think of any other seafood that tastes better than Asian..
Maybe there is, but I haven't noticed any..
Any recommendations?

COld water takes a bit longer big fucken deal. Hmm.. you can fry it if you want.

Asian seafood? - is like everything taste the same -lol which can be good thing at times.

For seafood most of the time my mum cooks it home and I eat that - at restuarants and stuff the seafood isnt up to my standard so i normally dont order it.

Um have you tried Sizzler? they used to be good havent been in years.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
bubz :D said:
I'm not particularly picky, but if there's one thing I don't eat, it's coriander. I have no idea why but i can't stand the taste or the smell, and if it's used in any dish I can't eat it.

Other than that I guess I eat pretty much anything... well except for stuff that's too fatty... eg my stepmother likes to cook big bits of lard for dinner, like wtf?
Coriander and Chicken = is like the best combination ever fuck!.

CieL

HSC
HotShot said:
COld water takes a bit longer big fucken deal. Hmm.. you can fry it if you want.

Asian seafood? - is like everything taste the same -lol which can be good thing at times.

For seafood most of the time my mum cooks it home and I eat that - at restuarants and stuff the seafood isnt up to my standard so i normally dont order it.

Um have you tried Sizzler? they used to be good havent been in years.
I dont think cold water works too well at all (unless you dont mind waiting 10mins for your paper to soften). Leaves the rice paper too hard and it cracks easily, not to mention that cold water doesnt wash the salt and whatever else is coated on the exterior.. and after being to all these Asian restaurants (vietnamese in particular), I have never once in my life seen them fried. Traditionally speaking.

I love to dip it in a peanut taste kinda sauce.. but it's also awesome in the viet fish sauce with chilli n lemon n stuff in it..

The good Asian seafood doesnt require you to add any other flavour into it. You can even eat it raw and the natural sweet flavours will be enough..

It's usually the crappy seafood that they add shit like salt, pepper, ginger, shallots, etc to hide the foul taste.

Yes, I have been to Sizzler..... about over 10yrs ago...... it was disgusting, the crabs have been left there for so long that it started to stink from the meat moulding..

CieL

HSC
jemsta said:
sizzler's shit
Cant agree more.

I haven't been to a proper buffet in Australia that wasnt shit.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
CieL said:
Cant agree more.

I haven't been to a proper buffet in Australia that wasnt shit.
bahahaha thats why ive been having it in hk yo

CieL

HSC
jemsta said:
bahahaha thats why ive been having it in hk yo
Even the KFC menu in HK is better than a 5 star hotel buffet in Australia.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
oh you forgot about the price too :D
i actually didnt eat a lot of fast foods in hk, since theres heaps of better places to dine out

CieL

HSC
Eating at home is the bomb in HK..

I got addicted to baby abalone there.. about the length of your index finger or even smaller.. steam it and put a dash of soysauce on it.. yummmmm

However, the first time I ate it I accidentally at a bit of abalone shit too =[ That was fkn gross..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)