Fountain Pens! (1 Viewer)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I use BIC Ultra Round Stic Grip; it's cheap and writes smoothly.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
loooooooove parker pens. cannot do an exam without my pink parker pen [no i'm not obessed with pink, i got it as a coaching award and obviously wouldn't buy myself a new one when i have perfectly good, if ugly, pen] i have troubles with writing and it makes it a bit easier. also, the ink etc is really good.
Is that a parker fountain pen?

ForbiddenND

HSC
Not at all, though it does help with speed. Some people running write, some people print, some people even use block letters (i.e. both my parents). I use a weird hybrid of running writing and print.

same here like writing in running writing when its convenient right? e.g."agreed" i just write A in the bold and then write g and r in cursive lol if any of that made sense

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
I think I am going to try a fountain pen now. I think writing speed is quite an important factor in the exams especially for english where so many of us can write very good essays and speeches and what not and how much we can get out in 40 mins matters quite a lot. Thanks.
Also, the pen debate was great! Please continue. You both made some valid points.

sickk

HSC
any left handers writing with a fountain pen ?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I'm consiering a Lamy Al-Star Safari in Ocean Blue/Aluminium. Is this a good choice? What nib should I buy?

I think in terms of in cartridges you need to use Lamy Cartridges and I think it's simpler than bottled ink, although bottled ink may last longer.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I'm buying a Lamy Safari tomorrow, and I was wondering if I should use the cartridges or buy a $10 converter and use inkwells?

Which brand of ink do you recommend?
Go for the converter. I currently use Waterman ink (only because they have a colour I like); Noodler's Ink is good too.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Downside: It's annoying how the ink can be too thick and when you turn the page the whole page is covered with the ink from the other side = = "

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Downside: It's annoying how the ink can be too thick and when you turn the page the whole page is covered with the ink from the other side = = "
Hate when this happens >_<;;

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
IDK, I guess it'd be easier for lefties to use dry-ink pens like ballpoints, given the smudging factor of fountains (and rollerballs, I suppose).

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
me me me me, but i am ambidextrous (or however you spell it), wuite useful in exams when one hand gets sore you can swap easily :D freaks out teachers and examiners all the time :d

FINALFLASH-GO

HSC
i switch to my left when my right gets tired as well... nothing todo with writing though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)