Future Students '09ers! meet and greet here (1 Viewer)

moc2009

HSC
N/A
unco_wannabe said:
the whole prestige thing i guessed attached to ANU ..also if i wanna go internatinoal relations n stuff i think ANU would be the better decision ..or IP law..not sure yet

no idea what the lifes like down in canberra..i went for a day too...ill be going down with a friend of mine and thats it ..there are three uni's all up in canberra...im sure somethings going on ..if not...we can get stuff going to keep everyone entertained

it willl be good fun

so whereabouts are you from? btw u wanting to stay in uni accom?

I'll be heading down from Sydney if I get in, Yea I've applied for the accom on the guarantee thing, I've applied for catered first, I worked out the cost and although it’s like an extra $100 more than self catered, I currently spend much more than that on my weekly shopping, so reckon 3 meals a day all week for the extra $100 should be worth it, plus i’ve been cooking for myself for the past several years, would be nice to have a break from it, lol.

I wonder what the job situation is like down there? Surely there would be at least part time work available hey?

r-jayne

HSC
i am doing arts + science (psych) in 09 (i deferred this year so i already have an offer)
really looking forward to uni after a year of full time work :)
i'm moving down from sydney but i'm going to live off campus with my bf. anyone else planning to rent? i've been looking around for months but there are still hardly any places available in jan... does anyone know suburbs it would be best to avoid? we were looking at queanbeyan for a while becuase it was much cheaper for better quality housing - not to mention that there is so much more available!, but public transport (bus) from there is comparatively expensive and inconvenient

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Probably better looking at suburbs north of Parliment House. That's where most people I know who live of campus are. That's still a big area but it cuts out most places I'd avoid.

Last edited:

sstr

HSC
I'm not 100% decided on what I want to study. My current preferences are:

1) B. Software Engineering
2) B.Information Technology/B.Arts
3) B. Arts (International Relations)

If there were an option to take Software Engineering/Arts I'd do it, but there isn't :rolleyes:

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
sstr said:
I'm not 100% decided on what I want to study. My current preferences are:

1) B. Software Engineering
2) B.Information Technology/B.Arts
3) B. Arts (International Relations)

If there were an option to take Software Engineering/Arts I'd do it, but there isn't :rolleyes:
do IT and arts. IT is essentially the same as SENG. trust me (if you don't then i can go and explain why...)

sstr

HSC
jas0nt said:
do IT and arts. IT is essentially the same as SENG. trust me (if you don't then i can go and explain why...)
Let's hear it. I've spoken to about a dozen graduates and employers and they all said to go either SEng or CompSci, and that IT was considered an easier degree.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
sstr said:
Let's hear it. I've spoken to about a dozen graduates and employers and they all said to go either SEng or CompSci, and that IT was considered an easier degree.
my understanding is IT is essentially the same as Seng. Seng differs in that you do a few managerial units and a few engineering units (intro engineering units like "thinking like an engineer").

my older brother originally did Seng but left at the end of his third year - he transferred to an IT degree in the last few weeks of his last semester + graduated. he planned out his units early on such that should he transfer, it would mean units would be lost lost.

my advice would be do a Seng degree, but plan out your degree so that if yuo do what my brother does, you won't lose any units should you transfer. later on down the track when you've gained an insight to Seng/IT (jobs/what's on the market/whether or not the extra year is worth it, etc etc), then you can make a decision if you want to transfer or not.

breezy221090

HSC
Hey, I'm still tossing up between UC and ANU, mainly because I can probably get straight into a combined law degree at UC. I plan on doing Arts/ Sci (Psych) at ANU if I choose there.

shibbylibby

HSC
Hey guys! Im also planning on moving down to anu this year! really stoked! Going to study art history and curatorship?

Anyone else applied for johns???

unco_wannabe

HSC
nah B & G
:p i can cook and generally take care of myself....well ...i hope :p

when is everyone heading down there? any idea what date?

cheers

cricketfan10

HSC
I *should* get an offer for Comm/Law with an Enter of 96.00 (who knows tho) so I'm a bit more anxious bout my accommodation. Hopefully I get Bruce..

unco_wannabe

HSC
26 hours left :p

cricketfan u will be fine...u will defo get in and yeah its accom thats most worrying..i reckon you should be fine

law/arts !! lets see and so the countdown continues :p

cya

cricketfan10

HSC
26 hours left :p

cricketfan u will be fine...u will defo get in and yeah its accom thats most worrying..i reckon you should be fine

law/arts !! lets see and so the countdown continues :p

cya
yeah looks like i got in now, with the cut off being 95.5...stoked :D

arts/law hey? i was considering that, did u pass the cut off mark?

Jacq333

HSC
Yay! got into PhB arts and staying at B+G. I decided this news warranted my first post :)

Anyone else doing a phb?

Jacq333

HSC
Nah, I got offered B+G about a week ago; I accepted that before I even knew I had a course to go to.
Hope accommodation works out for u :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)