Future Students '09ers! meet and greet here (1 Viewer)

dreamee

HSC
Yay! got into PhB arts and staying at B+G. I decided this news warranted my first post :)

Anyone else doing a phb?
woot. yes. hello! nice to meet u. i'm also doing a phb (arts). so's a friend of mine actually. so that's 3 confirmed. :-D what r u majoring in btw?

haven't got an offer of accom yet though. But hoping for burgmann or bruce. (too lazy to cook. haha)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
woot. yes. hello! nice to meet u. i'm also doing a phb (arts). so's a friend of mine actually. so that's 3 confirmed. :-D what r u majoring in btw?

haven't got an offer of accom yet though. But hoping for burgmann or bruce. (too lazy to cook. haha)
I'm sure you'll get one of the two, the Bruce Dean gets rather excited about phb kids.

Jacq333

HSC

Yay! A friend of mine is aswell... so that's four... we've almost sussed out half the ppl. hehe. I'm still not sure about majors, too many I want to do. International relations, Lit and Japanese are my current choices. How about u?

Yeah, I hav a feeling the novelty of self-catered will wear off quite quickly but I decided I liked my freedom to eat what and when I wanted.

dreamee

HSC
Yay! A friend of mine is aswell... so that's four... we've almost sussed out half the ppl. hehe. I'm still not sure about majors, too many I want to do. International relations, Lit and Japanese are my current choices. How about u?

Yeah, I hav a feeling the novelty of self-catered will wear off quite quickly but I decided I liked my freedom to eat what and when I wanted.
hiya. i'm pretty set on political science. was thinking about IR... then got over it. also wanting to do German on the side or even art history... that friend of mine is (i think... not sure) is thinking IR or history. apparently IR and English lit are the most popular. are you going to PEA day btw?

blacksunset

HSC
nah B & G
:p i can cook and generally take care of myself....well ...i hope :p

when is everyone heading down there? any idea what date?

cheers
im pretty sure you guys move in ont he 14th of feb to b&g.. you'll have your first year dinner that night

Jacq333

HSC
hiya. i'm pretty set on political science. was thinking about IR... then got over it. also wanting to do German on the side or even art history... that friend of mine is (i think... not sure) is thinking IR or history. apparently IR and English lit are the most popular. are you going to PEA day btw?

Nah, I'm from Melbourne, so i'll probly just go to the info session they have down here. I can't believe moving day is only 2 and a half weeks away!

bluemonday

HSC
enrolment day is before moving in day which is weird - does that mean we all have to park our stuff in hotels slash finding well-wishing relos until the 14th or can we move in earlier?
I rang Ursula Hall today and they are allowing people to move in from the 10th (provided you pay a nightly fee). I imagine the other halls are similar.

For those in Melbourne/Victoria- are you driving or flying up?

myonlyhope90

HSC
Uni Grad
Bachelor of Arts... Whoo!!!

Possible History and Ancient History major???

Is it possible since most courses overlap??? Anyone know???

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
^ here's a good thread on what you would have to bring, had it bookmarked from like ages ago

http://community.boredofstudies.org/587/general-australian-national-university/59145/list-stuff.html
Lists like these are useful, but don't forget that the shops (and a large number of them) are within walking distance; a large amount of what's on this list will be purchasable fairly easily, so don't fret if you don't have the space/weight allowance/etc to bring everything.

Concentrate on packing the things that aren't too easily purchasable/replaceable, like photos, your favourite teddy, really expensive things you already own, important documents and the like.

cricketfan10

HSC
Lists like these are useful, but don't forget that the shops (and a large number of them) are within walking distance; a large amount of what's on this list will be purchasable fairly easily, so don't fret if you don't have the space/weight allowance/etc to bring everything.

Concentrate on packing the things that aren't too easily purchasable/replaceable, like photos, your favourite teddy, really expensive things you already own, important documents and the like.
yeh true, altho id rather make mum and dad pay for it now rather than having to pay for stuff myself later :p

lol my room is going to be so bare, not a huge fan of keeping pictures, posters and the like

cakeee19

HSC
I rang Ursula Hall today and they are allowing people to move in from the 10th (provided you pay a nightly fee). I imagine the other halls are similar.

I'm from Melbourne. i'll probably try V-lining down to Canberra. Its a cheap option...only about $20 something for one way :)

memka

HSC
I'm from Melbourne. i'll probably try V-lining down to Canberra. Its a cheap option...only about $20 something for one way :)
It's really that cheap? Do you have a link? :)

As for me, my parents will be driving me up from Melbourne. I reckon with computer, tv etc I'd have too much junk for a plane.

But for non-end of yr holidays I'll just fly.

bluemonday

HSC
I would have preferred to drive, but apparently there are works being done on the roads at the moment and the trip is 8 hours + ?

blacksunset

HSC
there are always road works on the way from melbourne (im from melbourne too) and the drivve takes 8 hours if you stop a couple of times.
i have driven up and back quite a few times - its not a bad as everyone makes out. the time goes quite quickly. i would def reccommend driving if you have your own car.

cakeee19

HSC
It's really that cheap? Do you have a link? :)

As for me, my parents will be driving me up from Melbourne. I reckon with computer, tv etc I'd have too much junk for a plane.

But for non-end of yr holidays I'll just fly.
https://www.vline.com.au/index.aspx?sid=0
Its on the left hand side under 'Plan Your Journey'
Can't seem to total the price of the journey sometimes...think the website is trying to fix that though.
One-way concession trip is about $22.40. :)

floorn

HSC

Out of curiosity (and necessity, I guess), did they mention anything about letting people in your (our) position enrol after arriving? It wouldn't be a huge hassle to reschedule my flight (answered your question there), but I don't like the idea of a few days of extra fees...

I COULD just call them myself, but this way i have an excuse to post

fleurpower

HSC
i am doing the arts degree at ANU, staying at Unilodge. Anyone else?

Its my first time in canberra, im from QLD, so any advise? =]

blacksunset

HSC
bring lots of warm clothes. it gets freezing in winter!
there are lots of unilodgers - check the other threads :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)