Future Students '09ers! meet and greet here (1 Viewer)

Myles-ONeill

HSC
Hey all, my first time posting on these forums though I have perused them before.

I'll be coming down from Queensland to study a Bachelor of Philosophy (Science). And I'm staying at unilodge.

Pretty excited on the whole, though I've only been to Canberra once before. Hoping to meet some new people :)

floorn

HSC
SCIENCE! Haven't seen many science people in this thread yet... what are you majoring in? I'll be doing mathematics/mathematical physics provided that all timetable clashes get sorted out.

Also I'm tired of waiting for the 14th... I guess I'm too excited

Myles-ONeill

HSC
I'm not entirely sure what I'll major in yet, however it will very likely be in Biology/Genetics. Computational Science and Programming are also interests of mine, so we'll see what I end up deciding to do. For my first year I want to try and study broadly in Bio/Chem/Math/Programming, to leave my options open.

I'm looking forward to meeting other science students :read:

xerraire

HSC
Hi,

I'm Cam, and I'm doing Arts (International Relations) and will start living in Burgmann in Feb 09!

memka

HSC
i am doing the arts degree at ANU, staying at Unilodge. Anyone else?
Me :).
Moving into UniLodge Davey tomorrow.
Hoping to major in Archaeology and Biological Anthropology in BA.

Yamiyo

HSC
hey guys, especially under-represented science students!!

i'm doing a bachelor of philosophy, starting with the seemingly typical combo of chem, bio, physics, and maths. atm i'm thinking of majoring in chemistry. and moving into bruce hall on friday - the day's getting close.... at last!

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
w00t, more PhBers. And science ones, no less.

You guys should all do maths :) Just sayin'.

falcon07

HSC
If any of you science guys are looking to save some money, I am selling my first year maths, physics, chemistry and statistics textbooks at a large discount from the coop bookshop prices :)

cricketfan10

HSC
dontt think ive posted here..so here goes ;)

im doing comm/law and going to be staying at fenner...moving in on the 19th probably. hope everyone has a great yr :)

Lewie J-Ho

HSC
Haha, might as well post as well...
I'm doing just the straight law degree; couldn't face the prospect of spending the next 5 years of my life at uni. But 4, evidently, is ok.
Also, I'm staying at Ursies, so I'm hoping that will stem my further summertime decline into alcoholism.

HelenwhoreofT

HSC
Out of curiosity (and necessity, I guess), did they mention anything about letting people in your (our) position enrol after arriving? It wouldn't be a huge hassle to reschedule my flight (answered your question there), but I don't like the idea of a few days of extra fees...

I COULD just call them myself, but this way i have an excuse to post

I rang them as I also can't get there on my enrolment date and they said that doing it at a later time(16th or 19th) was fine.

ephorex

HSC
Bachelor of Arts/Laws, staying @UL (Kinloch). Probs majoring in Philosophy and bits of English, Latin, Linguistics and History thrown in.

Hopefully it proves more interesting than the year of Commerce i did last year.

lupus

HSC
Wow, no PhB people for pages (well, in science anyway), and now heaps of them all of a sudden. I might as well throw my hat into the ring as well. I'm doing a Bachelor of Philosophy (Science) and staying at Ursula. I'm thinking of majoring in something involving maths. I'll be driving up from Melbourne this Friday.

33pairs

HSC
Hi! Just wondering if anyone has gotten into Bruce Hall this year?..I'm coming from melbourne doing law/asia-pacific studies, and i haven't heard of one person yet..
also, wondering if there was any information out there about Bruce hall life/o-week?
...i feel like i'm going in blind atm.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Hi! Just wondering if anyone has gotten into Bruce Hall this year?..I'm coming from melbourne doing law/asia-pacific studies, and i haven't heard of one person yet..
also, wondering if there was any information out there about Bruce hall life/o-week?
...i feel like i'm going in blind atm.
Bruce is divided up into postgraduate and undergraduate accommodation, and we tend to hold on to most of our undergraduates. As a result we only took around 45 first year undergraduates.

Re: our O-week, I don't have the full schedule on me at the moment, but I've seen it. Some of the events are an Eastern bloc bar night, Celtic games day (featuring haggis throwing and wife carrying), trivia night, probably some kind of water-park event involving hoses, super-soakers and three or four kiddie pools and possibly (a belated) Chinese New Year dinner. If you want a specific schedule I can probably dig one up for you, but it'll spoil the surprise! If you want to ask any specific questions I can answer them here.

Last edited:

typhonius

HSC
I'm going to reopen this thread rather than start a new one for all the internationals who're coming over in the middle of the year.

I'll be studying Chemistry (3rd year) and staying in B&G hall.

Ah yes, and i hail from the UK.

Borbor

HSC
I would consider ANU but accomodation costs would kill me. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)