FUTURE STUDENTS of 08 (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
not to requote myself, but i just got an "expanded version" of events lol
-----Monday 18th February:

-9.00am – 4pm: ANUSA O-Week Launch (Union Court)
Welcome to O-Week 08; Born in the 80s! Come enjoy a free BBQ, music, entertainment, pick up your O-Week merchandise and purchase your O-Week tickets!

-4.30pm - 6.00pm: ANUSA Office Warming Party (ANUSA Office)
ANUSA has just had its office renovated! Meet your student reps, mingle, drink and eat for free!

-7pm – Late: Bright & Tight Big Night Out (Starts at ANU Bar)
Your first chance to embrace our 80s theme! Dress up in your brightest and tightest for a night on the town at five of Canberra’s hottest night-spots. This is an annual O-Week event that is not to be missed. Plus you will be getting cheap drinks all night! Tickets are $15 sold from Union Court during the day.

------Tuesday 19th February:

-11am - 2pm: Carni Day! (Fellows Oval)
Music, Food, Rides, Prizes, Jumping Castles and a whole lot more! The Carnival has come to town, so make the most of the visit!

-6.30 - 8pm: Politics in the Pub (ANU Bar)
Politics is a huge part of the Canberra’s culture, and what better introduction to the real thing that an informal gathering of students and politicians for the annual O-Week Forum over a few drinks!

-8.30pm – Late: Rubix Cube Party (Venue TBA)
A party hosted by the ANU Snowsports Club. The Rubix Cube was one of the biggest fads of the 80s. The aim of this party is firstly, to come dressed in the colours of a Rubix Cube: Red, Blue, Green, Orange, White & Yellow. By the end of the night, you have to try leave wearing the one colour! (The clothes swapping is highly optional)

------Wednesday 20th February:

-10am – 4pm: Market Day (Union Court, University Avenue)
Traditionally the biggest and busiest day on the O-Week Calendar. Join Clubs and Societies, enjoy free giveaways, food stalls, buy O-Week event tickets and more!

-6.30pm – 8.30: Pre Toga Party (Venue TBA)
Pre Toga Party drinks. Read below!

-8.30pm – Late: Annual Toga Party (Burgmann College)
The annual ANU Toga Party. Grab a sheet or a towel (preferably a sheet) and make yourself a toga to be proud of, because there is nothing better than spending the night in a toga with hundreds of other people!

------Thursday 21st February:

-9.30am – 11.00am: Recovery Breakfast (Venue TBA)

-11am - 1pm: Speed Dating (Venue TBA)
Love is in the air! And a little Birdy told us that there is a Ball coming up. What better excuse to meet people! O-Week speed dating is always fun, and great for a laugh. You will not regret it.

-1pm – 5pm: Fluro Fun Beer Garden (ANU Bar Beer Garden)
A fantastic event hosted by the ANU Union Board! Snags, Music & Beer. Meet lots of people in a relaxed atmosphere at your universities own Bar!

-2.30pm – 3.30pm: Jazzy Happy Hour (Music School Piazza)
Go listen to some great Jazz at the ANU School of Music!

-7.00pm – Late: ANU Band Night (ANU Refecory)
The ANU Band Night featuring Gyroscope, Shihad & Dead Letter Circus. Tickets are $25 (+bf).

------Friday 22nd February:

-10.00am – 11.30am: 2008 Retro Run (Starts at Union Court)
The 2008 Retro Run is a first time O-Week event that is bound to win hearts. That is mainly because of the amazing prizes that will be on offer! Enter a Club or Society team, or run as individuals. Prizes will be given for best Retro outfit, fasted Club & Society and much more. The 2008 Clubs & Society Shield will also be awarded to the winning Club! Stay tuned for more details on how to enter your C&S.

-11.30am – 1pm: Recovery Breakfast (Venue TBA)

-1.30pm – 3pm: ANUSA Womens’ Department Barefoot Bowls (Braddon Bowls Club)

-7pm – 12am: Mooseheads ANU Ball (ANU Refectory)
Bring out your prom dresses; it’s time to ‘Party Like Its 1989!’ The Mooseheads ANU Ball 2008 is the Centre-Piece event of the 2008 O-Week Calendar. Meet people from all the halls and colleges and clubs and societies, as the ANU kicks off 2008 in style! This is a must-attend event that will finish O-Week off in style! Tickets are $50, and include food, all you can drink from 7.30 to 11pm and discounted drinks at the after-party.

-12am – Late: ANU Ball After-Party (Mooseheads)

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Eriny said:
I find out next week if I'm a PhB (Arts) student. My ENTER was below 99 (I got 98.4) so I'm scared.

I also have Laws/Arts on my preferences which I should be able to get an offer for, but I was offered a $6000 p.a. scholarship to Melbourne Uni, so unless I got a rather attractive offer (like a scholarship - I've applied for 3 different ones that I could possibly get) I probably won't go... I've done the sums and moving is pretty damn expensive!

Originally I was planning to stay at UniLodge, but thanks numerous talks with my parents about existing cost issues and (a little bit) Evilo's PM, I've applied for Burgmann because they offer academic scholarships and bursaries to new students.
bear in mind that one option if you don't get an offer for PhB is to call them up and ask them how close you were. if you were near the top, you could always accept Arts/Law at ANU and transfer after a year, if your marks are high enough (at the very least straight HDs). i know of at least two PhB arts students who've gone this way...

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
I am here! said:
Not to get you too tangled up BUT, from what I've heard, entry into PhB tends to = a PhB S/S (to the tune of $5k p.a. cash) - all I can say is 'good luck'!
acceptance into PhB Arts = PhB scholarship ($5000 a year)
acceptance into PhB Science = 50% chance of PhB scholarship ($5000)
this is because PhB Science has about 30 entrants a year, whereas PhB Arts has 10-15 or so. so the arts faculty guarantee a scholarship, whereas the science don't have enough scholarships to hand out to everyone...

as well as this, quite a few in both degrees will have high enough ENTERs/UAIs etc to get National Undergraduate Scholarships ($10,000 a year). this replaces the normal PhB scholarship.

unco_wannabe

HSC
argh jeez Elvio..im born in 1990..do i have to stand outside?
lol

hmm sounds good.maybe go supply up on SPANDEX :p

Evilo

HSC
unco_wannabe said:
argh jeez Elvio..im born in 1990..do i have to stand outside?
lol
lol fair enough, i wont tell if you won't lol

Are you 18 for o-week? never fear, they have under 18 events too (well some of them mentioned are applicable for <18 too.
unco_wannabe said:
hmm sounds good.maybe go supply up on SPANDEX :p
ahahahaha ud be suprised on how handy that could be. Maybe i'll hit the op shop and stock up on useless clothes that can be used for theme nights, im sure spandex could prove useful - i cant think of many themes!

unco_wannabe

HSC
argh yeh i am...and it really sucks..maybe ill go like hang out with the
children of the phD students family..those who live on campus...they have activities too like...finger painting...face painting...*sobs*...

Evilo

HSC
lol well at least uve got good humour. Yeah it will suck for some parts, but they design half these things so you dont have to be 18. At my hall they had trips up telstra tower, coffee crawls etc on the nights where <18 couldn't go, but yeah its better than nothing at all. Oh well, shit happens i spose. Although finger painting sounds fun, where do i sign up? :)

unco_wannabe

HSC
lol yeh...just time left..
hmm o week sounds fun...im just nervous bout the unitest..on monday :S

Evilo

HSC
hehehe good luck. Do your best and see how it goes :)
Might be worth getting on the correct time zone though, you don't want to be in deep sleep halfway trough your test :)

unco_wannabe

HSC
yeh i know..be up at 4am isnt gonna help :S
ill fix it up :)..........hopefully

Evilo

HSC
haha i can't really talk, ive got work today :p

unco_wannabe

HSC
hey 'i am here' dont worry about it i am here we can finger paint together *woot* :p

we can sit in our rooms and talk about the possible places the kids in Narnia are going to go and then eat pixi stix but not too many..cause too much sugar is not good for u and then and then and then we play cops and robbers ! ! ! omg ! ! ! :p
lol its not gonna be that bad dw

bikapika

HSC
oh boys i went to usyd's info day yesterday
omg i want to cry there are so many hot girls (50%) and the uni is so beautiful. lol there is only another hour to go untill i can change my mind to do b.eco in usyd jks jks anu is always my best preference : )

unco_wannabe

HSC
lol
canberra is bound to have their share but if canberra doesnt..then the girls from sydney going to canberra will help *hi 5* :p

I am here!

HSC
N/A
unco_wannabe said:
hey 'i am here' dont worry about it i am here we can finger paint together *woot* :p

we can sit in our rooms and talk about the possible places the kids in Narnia are going to go and then eat pixi stix but not too many..cause too much sugar is not good for u and then and then and then we play cops and robbers ! ! ! omg ! ! ! :p
lol its not gonna be that bad dw
I'll bring the Etch-a-sketch, you bring the fairy bread, OK?

:)

falcon07

HSC
Hi everyone, I made it into the science PhB course. I intend to do physics and maths. I'll be staying at B&G.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for an offer.

Evilo

HSC
unco_wannabe said:
sure ...play-doh ..? ...someone supply play-doh plz :p
oh that stuff is easy to make, instructions on the interweb :)

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
unco_wannabe said:
argh yeh i am...and it really sucks..maybe ill go like hang out with the
children of the phD students family..those who live on campus...they have activities too like...finger painting...face painting...*sobs*...
i observed a lot of hot artsy/law chicks don't drink so they attend the coffee crawls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)