getting to Uni of Syd (1 Viewer)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by ashwin
yeh see im more worried bout walking back from uni to redfern in the afternoon. im guessing thats when the crazy ppl come out to play.
hahahahahahaha...
depends on what time you finish in the afternoon if there is a student crowd walking back. if you finish at like 3pm, there is alot of usyd'ers walking back so there is no need to worry. but there isn't any need to worry if you are walking back at any other time as well... ive walked to redfern at 6pm and it was fine. there weren't that many of us walking back, but there was some. and plus there are always coppers hanging around the station area during peak times.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jlh
hahahahahahaha...
depends on what time you finish in the afternoon if there is a student crowd walking back. if you finish at like 3pm, there is alot of usyd'ers walking back so there is no need to worry. but there isn't any need to worry if you are walking back at any other time as well... ive walked to redfern at 6pm and it was fine. there weren't that many of us walking back, but there was some. and plus there are always coppers hanging around the station area during peak times.
What if u want to stay in the library and study?? :confused:

If it is that scary...i'd need to leave uni early and won't have time to spend at the library i guess. :(

Last edited:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
What if u want to stay in the library and study?? :confused:

If it is that scary...i'd need to leave uni early and won't have time to spend at the library i guess. :(
its not scary at all.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
NO way man- atleast 25 mins!!! anyways, i wouldn't wanna walk from central- coz i don't like to go past UTS. :D
Originally posted by tooheyz
10 minutes?
i walked it once and it took me 35 minutes!

man, u musta been sprinting all the way or something
??!!! Geez, you two must walk alot slower than me. It takes me around 15 minute max to get to uni, and I guess I'm used to 15 minute power walks since I've been walking to school for about 8 years now and each trip takes like 30 minutes. Oh well hopefully I'll have a car soon.

Trying to find parking will be another story though..

Actually, I'm going to uni tomorrow to get some paperwork sorted out, so I'll see if I can remember to time myself walking from Central.

Originally posted by ashwin
yeh see im more worried bout walking back from uni to redfern in the afternoon. im guessing thats when the crazy ppl come out to play.
LOL.

Originally posted by shelley
COLLIN..HI..i miss u! get your ass back onto ausforums!
LOL, I was wondering how long you'd take to find my profile here. :D:D

Originally posted by melbournian
I walked from usyd to circular quay and it took me 40 minutes. I think 20-25 minutes would be more accurate.
Again, people seem to be doubting me (directly or indirectly).. hmm maybe I'AM tripping, like I said I'll time myself tomorrow.

If I take longer than 25 minutes, I'll shout you all out for lunch. Erm.. all of you who doubted me that is. :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JKDDragon

Again, people seem to be doubting me (directly or indirectly).. hmm maybe I'AM tripping, like I said I'll time myself tomorrow.

If I take longer than 25 minutes, I'll shout you all out for lunch. Erm.. all of you who doubted me that is. :p
lolz, no no, just time dilation... lolz... =p blehz

Kittycat

HSC
I just walk from Central. It's like a 10 minute walk, not really worth catching a bus unless I'm really lazy or late.
I have to agree with ya. I would rather walk & it only takes me like what? 15 mins to get there

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Kittycat
I have to agree with ya. I would rather walk & it only takes me like what? 15 mins to get there
Hey.. another fast walker.. we could powerwalk to campus together then!

... *crickets*

Collin

HSC
N/A
*Powers through 100 metres.. puffs out of breath*

Ahh, you win.. :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeah, well the least that can happen to u is get hit by a molotov cocktail. :D

but yeah, if its very late, then u can always catch a bus to central!
lolz, dun concern me... i prolly buy a pink wkly or quarterly at the end...

Kittycat

HSC
*Powers through 100 metres.. puffs out of breath*

Ahh, you win.. :p
lol, nah, I'll be the one out of breath.
So you are a science student...cool, had a friend who does Bscience at USyd :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
yeah, well the least that can happen to u is get hit by a molotov cocktail. :D

but yeah, if its very late, then u can always catch a bus to central!
Today afternoon a friend and I were walking along Broadway Road to the car after kung fu training and some group of Abbos went up to try to intimidate him. Some of them are just giving Aborigines in general a bad name, it's quite a shame.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Today afternoon a friend and I were walking along Broadway Road to the car after kung fu training and some group of Abbos went up to try to intimidate him. Some of them are just giving Aborigines in general a bad name, it's quite a shame.
yeah...so what time was this at? :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Kittycat
So you are a science student...cool, had a friend who does Bscience at USyd :)
What course are you doing? I thought you were doing science too, lol damn. I'll take a blind stab and guess that you're doing either Arts or Law????????????? ......................

I actually wanted to originally get into BSc (Nutrition) & BHSc (Exercise & Sports physiology) but the frikken UAI rose about 3 points. But that's irrelevant now because I'm leaning towards doing graduate medicine in which the BSc will do me just fine.

Collin

HSC
N/A
yeah...so what time was this at? :D
Around 8:20 pm.. funny thing is, my friend is actually quite burly and muscular. I have no idea why the Abbos would want to pick on him, lol.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Around 8:20 pm.. funny thing is, my friend is actually quite burly and muscular. I have no idea why the Abbos would want to pick on him, lol.
yeah, and specially u comming out of "kung fu training". :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
From where do we catch a bus to central??
it depends on where u are u c, eg. if ur near carlslaw- then u can catch a bus to central from city road (under the wentworth bridge) or if its closer- u can also catch a bus from parrammatta road. but these buses cost like 80cents.

also there are security shuttle busses that run after 4pm i think- and it takes u to redfern for free. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)