getting to Uni of Syd (1 Viewer)

alman

if you have time (and want the exercise) go and walk to and from redfern or central....thats what im going to do - walk to central, if time permits..

thats the problem these days - we never get to "smell the roses" and enjoy the atmosphere. we always want the quickest way from A to B

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by alman
if you have time (and want the exercise) go and walk to and from redfern or central....thats what im going to do - walk to central, if time permits..

thats the problem these days - we never get to "smell the roses" and enjoy the atmosphere. we always want the quickest way from A to B
yeah, but she was asking what to do during the night times- yeah, walk in the mornings and stuff when u've got plenty of time and visibility i guess. :D

ashwin

Creator
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Today afternoon a friend and I were walking along Broadway Road to the car after kung fu training and some group of Abbos went up to try to intimidate him. Some of them are just giving Aborigines in general a bad name, it's quite a shame.
What did they say or do? how many of them were there?

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
it depends on where u are u c, eg. if ur near carlslaw- then u can catch a bus to central from city road (under the wentworth bridge) or if its closer- u can also catch a bus from parrammatta road. but these buses cost like 80cents.

also there are security shuttle busses that run after 4pm i think- and it takes u to redfern for free. :D
cool...i'd prolly be around Wentworth..so yeah, it's gonna be ok :)

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
also i heard, u can always walk to redfern (even if its dark)- bcoz its not "that" dangerous!
yeah it wud prolly be quicker...and also there is that "security bus" :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by alman

ahh, the roses..... ^^ how romantic... i wanna do that every day durin o wk... before the activities starts...

whats that for (i.e "pink wkly")?
pink wkly is lyk a pass which allows u to travel on public transport (bus ferry train) wif in a certain radius, centered at town tall i fink... it cost around 20 for student...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
ahh, the roses..... ^^ how romantic... i wanna do that every day durin o wk... before the activities starts...

pink wkly is lyk a pass which allows u to travel on public transport (bus ferry train) wif in a certain radius, centered at town tall i fink... it cost around 20 for student...
i can't smell any roses when i walk form redfern to USYD man! :D

yeah, i guess i'll have to look into those passes and try to work out whats best for me. :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
yeah, and specially u comming out of "kung fu training". :D
Yeah, haha the first thing I said to him actually when he told me of his misadventure was that he should of 'kung fu'd their asses' :D Nahhh we've only been doing it for .. not too long, so really we're both kung fu apprentices.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ashwin
What did they say or do? how many of them were there?
I wasn't there exactly, because he was about a block ahead of me (he insisted on running, but he's fitter than me, so he was ahead), he explained that there were a small group of them, I would speculate atleast 3 or 4, and they basically stepped in front of him and non-verbally intimidated him (body language etc.), but he said that he just stepped out of the way and kept jogging.

Collin

HSC
N/A
also i heard, u can always walk to redfern (even if its dark)- bcoz its not "that" dangerous!
Unless you're

a) a police officer or
b) an idiot who enjoys making jokes containing the phrase "uncover cop"

lol

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Unless you're

a) a police officer or
b) an idiot who enjoys making jokes containing the phrase "uncover cop"

lol

So this implies it really is scary..and i'd need to catch a bus to central and then a train back home during winter!!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Yeah, haha the first thing I said to him actually when he told me of his misadventure was that he should of 'kung fu'd their asses' :D Nahhh we've only been doing it for .. not too long, so really we're both kung fu apprentices.
yeah- thought, so- they gave him the dirty looks... but anyways, ppl. not gonna bash u up for nothing (unless they wanna rob u or something).

Originally posted by perfectionist
So this implies it really is scary..and i'd need to catch a bus to central and then a train back home during winter!!
yeah, well thats prolly the safest option!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)