getting to Uni of Syd (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A

Given the number of students walking back to Redfern, there is nothing to worry about, especially just after 5pm as that is when a large number of classes end.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
The other day i went to uni with a friend and she was like, "Don't take your wallet out at redfern station!!!"

so yeah it's not a good place. :S

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
i walk around redfern station with my mp3 player in one hand and my wallet in the other...

nothing has happened :p

but yeah, nothing in my hands after i get outta redfern station.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah well i try not to take anything out when i'm at redfern station. but i'm always listening to my md which people can see.. but its no big deal.

i don't know why you are all making a big deal about walking thru redfern. all your going to be doing is walking thru it to catch a train or get to uni. you'd probably spend like 5 mins of your entire day at redfern.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Generator

Given the number of students walking back to Redfern, there is nothing to worry about, especially just after 5pm as that is when a large number of classes end.
yeah, but when its dark- it might b a little off putting. :p

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by jlh

i don't know why you are all making a big deal about walking thru redfern. all your going to be doing is walking thru it to catch a train or get to uni. you'd probably spend like 5 mins of your entire day at redfern.
this is so true!!:) but i think its better 2 be on the safe side:cool:

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jlh

I have not travelled alone much!

anyways...will get used to of it :D

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
there will be alot of students walking with you too... there really isn't anything to be worried about. and plus there are always cops around the redfern station area.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
there will be alot of students walking with you too... there really isn't anything to be worried about. and plus there are always cops around the redfern station area.
yes- but what i mentioned was that to b in the safe side at night time- either catch the security bus, or walk to central or catch a bus to central. :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah thats what i will be doing at night (if any of lectures end at night time - i hope not!)

gonna catch a bus to central or the security bus to redfern

umm, is the security bus for free?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by tooheyz
yeah thats what i will be doing at night (if any of lectures end at night time - i hope not!)

gonna catch a bus to central or the security bus to redfern

umm, is the security bus for free?
yep, security buses are free. :D

i don't think that they have night lectures for full time students- i was told that if ur gonna b staying back at night, its prolly bcoz of exams (which can finish at like 6pm in winter) or u wanted to stay back and study in the library. :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tooheyz
i walk around redfern station with my mp3 player in one hand and my wallet in the other...

nothing has happened :p

but yeah, nothing in my hands after i get outta redfern station.
You madam, are more gutsey than I'am. HAH, nah I would probably do that too.. unless the mp3 player was some spunky new $699 one, I'd probably be too paranoid to take it outside even if that was the case. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ipod.. someone gimme cash..

Originally posted by jlh
I don't need to go through Redfern. :D

Originally posted by perfectionist
I have not travelled alone much!

anyways...will get used to of it :D
Public transport and city-wandering wise, I've travelled alone alot, night times included.. grow some buffyness, show some confidence and chances are they won't pick on you. :)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i'm not sure how late the lectures go, but i finished at 7pm for one of my lectures. i didn't go to those, i went to an earlier one but most people finish around 5 or 6pm!!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
you can go to other lectures?
i thought.. the timetable... :confused:

Collin

HSC
N/A
There better be flexibility, I ain't paying over $3,500 HECS annually to be striped of these conveniences. :D

alman

yeh..i remember someone doin some IT course last year and went to the philosophy lectures...

now hes transferring to philosophy!..haha

Collin

HSC
N/A
Woah, we like posted the same time. After the main page loaded it said the last poster was you,.. I love it when that happens, although I tend to still be recovering from my bout of 3 or 4 seconds of confusion.

alman

yeh..its pretty funny..im going to pop into other lectures..

but i dont think i'd have the time...after all, time for lectures and tutes; and time for chasing the girls (from same course and others) :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
Hmm.. so you can go to other lectures hah. Great, looks like I'll be popping my head into the Graduate Medicine lectures at every opporunity, lmfao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)