Hours spent studying Maths Extension 2 (2 Viewers)

Ekman

HSC
In my honest opinion, I hate how everyone is trying to find some formulaic way to plan out their 4u study. The way I study 4u is by sitting down and exploring mathematical concepts and finding new and different ways of solving questions, that I sometimes hybridise together, so the amount of time I spend on 4u varies. Some days I wont feel like doing maths, whilst others I will be spending 5 hours doing hard questions. Sometimes I go for weeks without doing maths. I just believe that anyone doing 4u maths, should study it in such a way that they enjoy exploring different concepts, rather than just doing countless questions based off memorised methods and planning their study based on the amount hours they have to do.

Because remember, you have another 6 more units to study for, do not neglect your other studies.

Last edited:

Drsoccerball

HSC
In my honest opinion, I hate how everyone is trying to find some formulaic way to plan out their 4u study. The way I study 4u is by sitting down and exploring mathematical concepts and finding new and different ways of solving questions, that I sometimes hybridise together, so the amount of time I spend on 4u varies. Some days I wont feel like doing maths, whilst others I will be spending 5 hours doing hard questions. Sometimes I go for weeks without doing maths. I just believe that anyone doing 4u maths, should study it in such a way that they enjoy exploring different concepts, rather than just doing countless questions based off memorised methods and planning their study based on the amount hours they have to do.

Because remember, you have another 6 more units to study for, do not neglect your other studies.
Indirect advice to me :p

Kaido

be.
HSC
Time means nothing if you don't get shet done

Instead of allocating x amount of time to maths, determine what topics, specific concepts, materials etc. you need to gather and complete THIS WEEK

A yearly plan almost never works imo, start small and you WILL get to the top

gl buddy

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Time means nothing if you don't get shet done

Instead of allocating x amount of time to maths, determine what topics, specific concepts, materials etc. you need to gather and complete THIS WEEK

A yearly plan almost never works imo, start small and you WILL get to the top

gl buddy
I agree with what you say there. I am usually a calculated person. I am the kind of person that will mix my questions up in order of difficulty, some days I might spend an hour alone on 1 question , trying to understand the concepts deeply other days I will choose 10 MCQ in an hour or so, other days I will go for the short answer. One thing I don't do, is waste time. If I'm tired or flat, I stop study and switch to something interesting.

I even get to the stage where I keep an Excel sheet just to make sure I follow my weekly hourly requirements.

psyc1011

#truth
HSC
Focus on task-based studying sessions rather than gaining hours. You will increase producitivty and efficiency in your studies. This way, when you reflect on your study sessions, you'll get a more accurate feel to how much work you have done

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I honestly didn't know the formula for the sum of angles in a Polygon = (n-2) x 180 degrees
To be honest I never remembered this formula. I always just worked it out on the spot.

The exterior angle is simply 360/N, hence the interior angle is 180 - exterior.

Now multiply by N for the sum of the internal angles.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
2 careless mistakes

1st question I got wrong

Q1. Jon has a standard die. What is the probability that Jon gets a 5 when he throws the die?

Q2. The area of a triangle , I used the wrong perpendicular height

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
2 careless mistakes

1st question I got wrong

Q1. Jon has a standard die. What is the probability that Jon gets a 5 when he throws the die?

Q2. The area of a triangle , I used the wrong perpendicular height
stahp wasting time and actually study hsc stuff man

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I had 2nd attempt at Calculator section, got 31/32

Where I went wrong

Q30.
Write 595 as a product of its prime factors

My answer: 5 x 119

Correct Answer: 5 x 7 x 17

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)