How are 07's finding prelim? (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

hopeles5ly said:
I wish i could go back to year 10 and pick my subjects again >_< oh well, what's done is done ! yeah i hated science in year 10 as well.
Same same

HSC
w00dy. said:
its a shock to some people. i found the transition to be a little unexpected, but is now doing fine. i think the fact that we got to choose what we wanted in regards to subects makes it somewhat alot easier.

if its something you love, your bound to do well
:uhhuh: in agreement.

Gangels

HSC
arnold182 said:
No one's complaining.. you make us sound like children.

I'm just stumped that we can somehow manage to complete a 400 page textbook in 3 terms when after one term we've just done about 100. Then you take away weeks for exams.

That's starting to sound like a popular opinion :)
From the looks of your subjects, your yr 12 aint gonna be that great. Man i wish i had some form of intelligence!:)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
arnold182 said:
I'm just stumped that we can somehow manage to complete a 400 page textbook in 3 terms when after one term we've just done about 100. Then you take away weeks for exams.
You probably won't finish it. For software design and development, our class barely even got near to finishing the textbook. But that's probably because we had a crap teacher who is nice, but doesn't really know how to teach ! our maths teacher isn't much different at the moment. We were meant to finish practically everything in the textbook by the end of this term, but we only got through 2 chapters ! thats because all he does all lesson is copy out examples from the textbook and explains them.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
my school has no expectations from us academicly, all they care about is footy. my school dont push us enough, my year advisor "advises" us to study at least once during the holidays.... :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yoakim said:
my school has no expectations from us academicly, all they care about is footy. my school dont push us enough, my year advisor "advises" us to study at least once during the holidays.... :p
Our school pushes us a lot. our subject coordinator is the biggest hypocrite though. He says how year 12 is his main priority and how if you need help, you could always ask him, but whenever we do he tell's us to go away or come back later. It's evident that he doesn't care. Oh and also takes a few weeks to change or remove a subject for you!

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
I wish i could go back to year 10 and pick my subjects again >_< oh well, what's done is done ! yeah i hated science in year 10 as well.
I wish i could go back to year 10 and tell the dumbasses in my year what to pick so i could get the subjects which i originally wanted.. :mad1: stupid, no engineering studies school.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
i moved to a selective school this year...but funnily enough...i think the workload has dramatically decreased from year 10 >< I dunno if its the school, or the fact that i enjoy most of my subjects...but i seem to find myself becoming more lazy...which is not a good sign -_-

rawr26

HSC
drynxz said:
i moved to a selective school this year...but funnily enough...i think the workload has dramatically decreased from year 10 >< I dunno if its the school, or the fact that i enjoy most of my subjects...but i seem to find myself becoming more lazy...which is not a good sign -_-
I'm becoming real lazy these days as well ! so your not alone :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeah, i changed to a selective school this year the first 8 weeks were a bludge and i only got like 10mins of maths of H/W every day. But now they've dumped heaps of work on us for the holidays.

taki999

HSC
^ yeah it always seems to change eveery year and in different schools.

For my class from years 7-10 we were very very lazy..so now i dont have a very good foundation on my understanding... so in some aspects it's a bad thing.

hai~~ like pLunia and hopeless said...i wanna repick my subjects too...

taki999

HSC
^ yeah it always seems to change eveery year and in different schools.

For my class from years 7-10 we were very very lazy..so now i dont have a very good foundation on my understanding... so in some aspects it's a bad thing.

hai~~ like pLunia and hopeless said...i wanna repick my subjects too...
i hate how you think ya!! i'm going to do law so i need to do something really hard so that it scales me when you should be doing something you really you like and can get marks easily in

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
i just hope others and i can sustain the effort of a few hours a day throughout prelim and hsc years without being a lazy bum :p ie: being consistent
this is like my worse fear for year 12, that i'll be real lazy...

Zero Infinite

HSC
Most people are commenting that the workload has risen dramatically. For me, I don't feel that much of a difference. My free time has slightly declined, but there isn't that much I planned to do with it anyway. I just have had to push myself a little harder than last year and that's about it. Haven't had a problem in Year 11 yet. Done my half-yearlies and am enjoying my holidays. Ironically, I have very little to do... It's difficult - either do lots of work, or be stuck with nothing. Anyway, still haven't felt the effects of copious amounts of homework or assessments for now. Maybe next term will be a different story...

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
for those who are lazy now: hard work pays off! :D you'll probably end up getting >90 uai!!

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
I should start working harder now.. It's ironic, i've worked relatively well throughout school, I get to where it counts and begin to slack off.. Prelim is soooo much better than all over years though, year 10 sucked hardcore. If year12 is better, well, that's just peachy then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)