How are 07's finding prelim? (1 Viewer)

passion89

HSC
sanshi said:
i think that year 11 is like a BIG U turn in school ,,when the workload starts to pile up, it like a WAKE UP CALL !!
Year 10 and the other years was nothin much ..until u reach the senior years
That's the crap thing about the NSW education system. Yrs 7-10 is honestly nothing difficult (like when everyone got that huge surprise after discovering that the SC was the easiest shit ever) while years 11 and to a larger extent 12 are 20 times harder in comparison. They let you dip your feet in the shallow end for four years and BAM they chuck you in the deep end with no goddamn floaties. It's criminal.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
yeah and the scary thing is that the hsc papers contain year 11 stuff too.
like, i had a look at past hsc papers in maths and they're only 3 pages long, but the first few parts is all prelim contents.

passion89

HSC
yoakim said:
like, i had a look at past hsc papers in maths and they're only 3 pages long, but the first few parts is all prelim contents.
Preliminary stuff is assumed knowledge. As in, you shouldn't understand year 12 without understand the basics...ie: year 11. So for most subjects year 11 is definately in there but it's represented as the basics to the harder concept learnt in yr 12. For eg: moles in chemistry. In year 11 you start learning how to calculate moles but in year 12 nearly every calculation you make involves moles but the calculation itself is harder.

In maths, the first question is nearly all year 11 stuff and alot of the other questions have yr 11 assumed knowledge questions. So remember in year 11 that you shouldn't burn yourself out and stress out too much but make sure you understand the key concepts because they will almost certainly be used again in year 12.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yoakim said:
30% of the maths syllabus can be examined in the HSC exams. For the other subjects, nothing in the preliminary course is examined. However, you will need some knowledge and understanding of certain concepts from the course though.

intangible

HSC
like my eng teacher says yr 11 is a quantum leap from yr 10. Ha no shit !

Go the gunners!

HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:
yeahh... year 11 is hard.. such a steep learning curve from year 10
there just so much more homework, assessments and assignments.. and the pressures starting to build up for the hsc
well... thats me anyway...

Totally agree... everyone puts pressure on us to get the top marks for the hsc even though for some thats not possible. Went from doing nothing in yr 10 to staying up all night doing homework and assignments

Once you get used to extra work, yr 11 isnt that bad

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Go the gunners! said:
Totally agree... everyone puts pressure on us to get the top marks for the hsc even though for some thats not possible. Went from doing nothing in yr 10 to staying up all night doing homework and assignments

Once you get used to extra work, yr 11 isnt that bad
lol yeah, then u get used to the relaxation of the holidays .. and excessive amounts of gaming or telly which makes you getta headache when you study for 3hrs+

lol :D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
f3nr15 said:
Prelim sux ... the work gets harder :( ... but i will feel better with mathemagic computer tutor
Prelims wasn't that hard IMO. its just the workload and pressure that makes it hard.

pet*pet

HSC
haha..aish...yr11...no comment...im doin well in mathematics & jap beginners but the rest of my subjs im totally screwed...i faild in those assessments/tests i need to start studyin' harder 'specially in economics i hav no idea wat im learning so im totally lost in practically every eco lesson i hav

z0mbie

foshizzleee
HSC
argh, prelims are stressful.
i'm tired lol huge step from year 10 definitely
i guess everyone has exams first thing back? yay =_=

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
pet*pet said:
haha..aish...yr11...no comment...im doin well in mathematics & jap beginners but the rest of my subjs im totally screwed...i faild in those assessments/tests i need to start studyin' harder 'specially in economics i hav no idea wat im learning so im totally lost in practically every eco lesson i hav
z0mbie said:
argh, prelims are stressful.
i'm tired lol huge step from year 10 definitely
i guess everyone has exams first thing back? yay =_=
see ? they share my opinion ...

heres a scary fact,
a LOT of students dont remember some basic principles that form the foundation and base of senior subjects ... from rumors, I hear past HSC students go "I wish I paied attention in Year 7" or something similar

Last edited:

lilchip12

HSC
to tell u the truth.. im doing bad.. cause.. i neva studied in my life...and yea.. im trying now.. im abit lost.. -.-

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
lilchip12 said:
to tell u the truth.. im doing bad.. cause.. i neva studied in my life...and yea.. im trying now.. im abit lost.. -.-
I never studied till year 11. As long as you put in the effort throughout the year, all your skills will improve significantly.

lilchip12

HSC
lets say... i bludge alot... my half yearlys are in about.. um... first day back at skool... and its english (standard) first up.. god.. i dunno wats in it... something to do wit a short story... =/ ... lol.. by not studyin.. as in.. also.. in class. i dont write much stuff down... just listen to teacher.. and also.. i paly ALOT of games... cs... gb... ms... all thatt stuff.. for my new years resolution..i actually wannted to be a good studying studfent.. but guess not.. to lazy =( .... i need help.. and for fundy of eng.. wat test is that?! i didnt learn anything.... any ideas? =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)