How are you spending your break? (1 Viewer)

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
wait so 2020 papers are actually old syllabus?
Oh, oops sorry, new curriculum started even earlier in 2019 for Yr 11, with 2019 HSC maths paper being the last year of the old curriculum. I got confused because this thread discussion centred around 2020 vs 2021 (& I forgot how long ago DS sat his first HSC exam).

idkkdi

HSC
Well. I have problems with Vectors/Projectile motion, Perms and combs(like everyone), year 11 Differential Calculus. I have major problms with these, however I'm not very good at much of extension. I usually get bottom of my class in extension exams. Advanced is much easier.

I blame the textbook lol.
Cambridge?

kkk579

hello
HSC
Well. I have problems with Vectors/Projectile motion, Perms and combs(like everyone), year 11 Differential Calculus. I have major problms with these, however I'm not very good at much of extension. I usually get bottom of my class in extension exams. Advanced is much easier.

I blame the textbook lol.
Do u go tutor?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
cambridge gets a lot of hate and also obliterated by my tutor who says its trash but tbh its the best textbook for mx1. What other textbook can u think of? MiF lmao? (also idk if Terry lee is good for mx1)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
new senior maths?
i looked its kinda trash at both
The vector questions r bad and the projectile questions are not reflective of exam style questions and its using vector notation which isn't that common
tbf the vector qns (esp the physical application ones) in cambridge are a bit limited, some of them are fairly easy and to me there's not enough of those pulley qns i personally struggle with, but yeah, i'd take cambridge over fitzpatrick anyday, as someone who's used both

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
ok for 4u tho I need help with deciding how to revise:
I was gonna finish complex, vectors and proofs
I was thinking fitzpatrick +steve howard + 1000 revision questions thing steve howard book + cambridge
But i also want to fit in terry lee. Is all of this possible lmao?
I want to finish all of these by the end of these two weeks. And i wanna finish all the books by the end of this term so that from next term i just do past papers.
Is this a good goal and is it realistic as well? Idk im very motivated to do 4u over these two weeks for some reason.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I was thinking fitzpatrick +steve howard + 1000 revision questions thing steve howard book + cambridge
I want to finish all of these by the end of these two weeks. And i wanna finish all the books by the end of this term so that from next term i just do past papers.
Is this a good goal and is it realistic as well? Idk im very motivated to do 4u over these two weeks for some reason.
i think you just pick the 2 best books in your opinion and just do qns from those. and also focus on past paper questions from trials over textbooks

i have the terry lee book and i like doing a few extra bits to challenge myself, but honestly you don't need terry lee because past paper qs are able to suffice

and if you haven't done them yet do the 100 coroneos integrals for integration practice

Interdice

HSC
new senior maths?
i looked its kinda trash at both
The vector questions r bad and the projectile questions are not reflective of exam style questions and its using vector notation which isn't that common
Defintely. I thought I was a god at vectors/projectile motion, then I tried some hsc papres, and got wrecked. using the cambrige textbooks seems wise.

kkk579

hello
HSC
no sleep no eating no showering then it’s very possible

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Defintely. I thought I was a god at vectors/projectile motion, then I tried some hsc papres, and got wrecked. using the cambrige textbooks seems wise.
Projectile really only has a few categories, u have the normal ones with the normal equations of motion and proving max height etc manupulating those results, then direction of motion questions where u find the velocity components and analyse those, and collision questions

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
If you're going to learn the content + do all the questions then probably not. However, if you do some from each then it might be doable. Realistically is it possible? Yes. Is it a good goal? Probably not. The tricky thing is fitting all of that with study for all your other subjects.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
If you're going to learn the content + do all the questions then probably not. However, if you do some from each then it might be doable. Realistically is it possible? Yes. Is it a good goal? Probably not. The tricky thing is fitting all of that with study for all your other subjects.
i know the content its mainly getting good at it
in terms of my other subjects i dont plan on doing any past papers yet but just need to make notes for chem, english and eco which should take three tryhard days

carrotsss

HSC
Possible? Maybe - but it’s not really a good plan. You’d be much better off fairly briefly covering each topic and then grinding hsc questions, it works much better for me.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Possible? Maybe - but it’s not really a good plan. You’d be much better off fairly briefly covering each topic and then grinding hsc questions, it works much better for me.
the textbooks have hsc style questions tho? esp for inqualities and stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)