How are you spending your break? (1 Viewer)

Interdice

HSC
exam qs tend to have 'harder' applications that require some thinking + curveball stuff, rather than textbook qs whose main focus is to simply just solidify and consolidate the knowledge being taught
Defintely. I used to do the textbook questions, then be surprised with my low marks, despite being able to to the textbook questoins with ease.

carrotsss

HSC
what if i just want to get better at one topics
e.g i suck at proofs esp inequalities and some induction so would i just search for those? instead of just finding a cambridge chapter that has them all together?
Ask your teacher for the smartermaths past hsc questions for the topic

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Ask your teacher for the smartermaths past hsc questions for the topic
and how do u improve tho
Like i could do a bunch of questions but i never improve cuz i just can't solve them so i end up needing to look at solutions anyways and each one solves it in such a different way, sometimes it feels like i could never think of that

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
and how do u improve tho
Like i could do a bunch of questions but i never improve cuz i just can't solve them so i end up needing to look at solutions anyways and each one solves it in such a different way, sometimes it feels like i could never think of that
mark them, ask yourself why you couldn't do a question, or certain steps ... is it because of your understanding etc

carrotsss

HSC
and how do u improve tho
If you can’t solve a question, don’t just look at the solutions and say “I get that”, go through and revise how you should’ve approached that question etc. until you feel like if you saw a similar question, you’d get it right. This may take time and require asking your teacher for help instead of just looking at the solution, and that’s ok.
its just gonna take a ton of practice which is kinda bad for all my other subjects ig
If you’re doing it right maths shouldn’t take that much practice to get right, it’s about finding your areas of weakness and concentrating on them, quality > quantity. Personally I only spend about 20-30% of my study time on maths - but you definitely shouldn’t go over 40%

Memoria

HSC
Open to school and/or uni students.
Are you travelling? Doing a camp? Sleeping? Tell your thoughts here.
Studying, writing notes, doing practice Q's for bio and chem. I'm also prioritizing my health and hitting back for rest.

hscgirl

HSC
wdym by not right kind of difficulty? does that mean they’re more like olympiad style qs rather than ones u’d get tested on at school and in the hsc?
i've always been told by my teachers to not waste time by attempting cambridge enrichment qs. its bc most of them are WAYY too hard and can't be tested in the hsc, are outside the syllabus, or require too much trial-and-error that they are kinda similar to olympiad-style qs (like u mentioned)

kkk579

hello
HSC
i've always been told by my teachers to not waste time by attempting cambridge enrichment qs. its bc most of them are WAYY too hard and can't be tested in the hsc, are outside the syllabus, or require too much trial-and-error that they are kinda similar to olympiad-style qs (like u mentioned)
are the enrichment qs in the madasmaths exam paper booklets also considered overboard? because when i was attempting them I wasn’t able to do some of them(well besides the ones that only enable me to do them through ways that don’t require other topics i havent learnt to do the qs) and just ended looking at the solution and i’m a bit worried LMAO

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
There’s likely to be a question at the end of the MEx2 paper which discriminates the top students for state ranks, but it’s possible to score adequately high marks without spending excessive time trying to achieve this, when marks can be gained in other subjects using this part of your time budget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)