How are you spending your break? (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
i've always been told by my teachers to not waste time by attempting cambridge enrichment qs. its bc most of them are WAYY too hard and can't be tested in the hsc, are outside the syllabus, or require too much trial-and-error that they are kinda similar to olympiad-style qs (like u mentioned)
arent they rlly good for gaining understanding for the qns tho?

carrotsss

HSC
There’s likely to be a question at the end of the MEx2 paper which discriminates the top students for state ranks, but it’s possible to score adequately high marks without spending excessive time trying to achieve this, when marks can be gained in other subjects using this part of your time budget.
I find it much more helpful to prepare for those using actual question 16s though

Imo q16s are overhyped though, I always mess up way more on q14 for some reason
arent they rlly good for gaining understanding for the qns tho?
not really, they take a bunch of extra time and it’s a kinda misguided difficulty I guess, actual q16s are much more interesting

hscgirl

HSC
are the enrichment qs in the madasmaths exam paper booklets also considered overboard? because when i was attempting them I wasn’t able to do some of them(well besides the ones that only enable me to do them through ways that don’t require other topics i havent learnt to do the qs) and just ended looking at the solution and i’m a bit worried LMAO
idk wth madasmaths is lol

but i'd say just don't do enrichment qs from textbooks/booklets in general (unless ur teacher specifically recommends). doing past papers are muchhhh more efficient

kkk579

hello
HSC
idk wth madasmaths is lol

but i'd say just don't do enrichment qs from textbooks/booklets in general (unless ur teacher specifically recommends). doing past papers are muchhhh more efficient
oh lol allg then. it’s just basically a bunch of difficult qs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)