How've your exams been so far? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
:S

Ok, I'm officially scared for MKTG101 now...

*prints out lecture slides*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hehe good luck to all MKTG101 people today and others doing exams :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh good luck for everyone who has exams today.
Glitterfairy, your only printing out you're lecture slides at 7am!?! ur exam is today !! dont worry im a last minute person too, i crammed the entire econ course 2 hours before hte exam :p

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
After attending 3 lectures all semester (2 I had to because of tests), doing no work throughout semester and doing about 3 hours of study last night, I found the MTKG101 relatively easy. Must be the hardest subject to fail :)

X

xeuyrawp

yenta said:
After attending 3 lectures all semester (2 I had to because of tests), doing no work throughout semester and doing about 3 hours of study last night, I found the MTKG101 relatively easy. Must be the hardest subject to fail :)
Probably not a good sign. I know 3 very smart people who attended every lecture and tute, and they found it rather difficult.

YOu can tell us in a month how you went, though.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Probably not a good sign. I know 3 very smart people who attended every lecture and tute, and they found it rather difficult.

YOu can tell us in a month how you went, though.
your performance depends on 2 things, your intelligence and hardwork (and connections/contacts).
you can achieve higher marks than others just because you are smarter, without doing as much work in them. vice versa applies.

hmm...exams, only had accg200, had the ability to kill the whole paper but i hadnt learnt a couple of topics purely due to running out of time. cost me a decent amount of marks i'd say, 20-30 where i am uncertain with my answers.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
u reckon ull pass accg 250 mate? they should scale up nonetheless

X

xeuyrawp

redruM said:
your performance depends on 2 things, your intelligence and hardwork (and connections/contacts).
you can achieve higher marks than others just because you are smarter, without doing as much work in them. vice versa applies.
That's why I said they're very smart. Anyway, I'll probably be proven wrong in a month.

HSC
N/A
Supra said:
yeh good luck for everyone who has exams today.
Glitterfairy, your only printing out you're lecture slides at 7am!?! ur exam is today !! dont worry im a last minute person too, i crammed the entire econ course 2 hours before hte exam :p
Haha, yup! I went to bed early last night so I could wake up early this morning.

I only printed off the last few week's lecture slides though - I had my own summaries of all the other weeks (which I was cramming 2 hours before each of the in-semester tests, haha I'm perfecting this cramming system), and was doing the Kotler Quiz most of yesterday.

I thought the bulk of the paper was fine, actually. Had a fair bit of difficulty with the first two short answer questions, but only because I didn't study as well as I needed to. As for the rest - hurrah for HSC english waffling skills ;) Hopefully I will pass mktg101, and that's really all I need.

Hopefully I will also pass engl120 and cul100, because I REALLY would prefer not to repeat those subjects.

argh, time to stop procrastinating... alas, for I cannot really cram for english...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha w00t, congrats glitter

And god damn i cant bullshit anymore, need break

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Supra said:
u reckon ull pass accg 250 mate? they should scale up nonetheless
havent had my accg250, but i am certain i'll pass it. i havent done any study as yet for it (exam monday), no tutes no nothing. but the content is easy and something ihave come across in the pass.

maybe you were talking about accg200? i am sure i passed that.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Yeah, for MKTG101....up to question 70 the mc questions were fine...had to guess about half the case studies questions, only because I barely studied application lectures and didn't think I'd need to remember pissy, unimportant figures about various companies...then for the schweppes case study the questions took awhile to answer, had to think about the question, go back through the article and find the answer, then think about it a bit more, then answer the question.

Short answers were fine except for the ethics question. Knew about deception but had to bullshit for manipulation and exploitation :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
not good, again.. hope my lecturer is really nice.. and gives us all credits.. else...

i need to learn to read the question properly, and answer the question properly.. think i threw about 25% raw cos i was being an idiot as usual..

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
MaryJane said:
I've had two.. Social psych was ok, I was happy with it. Finished crim today, all was fine until I got to uni and realised that I didnt have a bibliography, so when I got home I emailed my tutor it, and then realised that I didnt write the word count on the sheet... So I had to email her again. Grr... I'm so stressed!
QUOTE]

Bibliography. f**************************************************ck!

nooooooooooooooooooooooo :mad: what the hell is the point in a bibliography when footnotes contain everything you use! bibliography would just take up even MORE words!

ah crap. i knew something would go wrong. too late to do anything about it now :( great.......just great

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
econ110 - pc < me < pass
accg100 - pass < me < credit
stat170 - pass < me < credit

above based on confidence ... fucked up bigtime on econ >.<

Last edited:

Catastrophe

HSC
yenta said:
same as me LOL! tho i studied more last night, from 2pm to 12:30am, woke at 4am and crammed some more.

overall fairly easy, finished 85 MC within 1.5hrs :p

BUT.....the damn evil case study was so long and boring to read, and had to read it several times and cant find answers in it, so i guessed most of it...wasted 45min on 15 MC........whereas the first 15MC took me 15 min..

short answers ok, i rushed thru and didnt do 2 of them properly..

got a D and Cr for the tests, and PC for the assignment....still can get credit imo :p

Last edited:

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Catastrophe said:
same as me LOL! tho i studied more last night, from 2pm to 12:30am, woke at 4am and crammed some more.

overall fairly easy, finished 85 MC within 1.5hrs :p

BUT.....the damn evil case study was so long and boring to read, and had to read it several times and cant find answers in it, so i guessed most of it...wasted 45min on 15 MC........whereas the first 15MC took me 15 min..

short answers ok, i rushed thru and didnt do 2 of them properly..

got a D and Cr for the tests, and PC for the assignment....still can get credit imo :p
yeah you could prob get a credit, what was the assignment worth? I haven't even picked mine up yet so I dunno my mark (don't really care that much though), I got a D and P for the tests. So if I fail, I'd be very surprised

ReaveR

HSC
Assignment is worth 10%, and the two midsems 20% each.
I got D for both midsems, and Cr for the assignment, if I fail, I'll be pissed >=(

Exam was alright, I should've studied applications though, stupid facts.
Forgot it was Saturday and went to ERIC and wondered why it was closed, waited around until it opened...and there was only one staff person there today to serve like a hundred people hahah

Edit: ^ this is for marketing

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Haha, yup! I went to bed early last night so I could wake up early this morning.

I only printed off the last few week's lecture slides though - I had my own summaries of all the other weeks (which I was cramming 2 hours before each of the in-semester tests, haha I'm perfecting this cramming system), and was doing the Kotler Quiz most of yesterday.

I thought the bulk of the paper was fine, actually. Had a fair bit of difficulty with the first two short answer questions, but only because I didn't study as well as I needed to. As for the rest - hurrah for HSC english waffling skills ;) Hopefully I will pass mktg101, and that's really all I need.

Hopefully I will also pass engl120 and cul100, because I REALLY would prefer not to repeat those subjects.

argh, time to stop procrastinating... alas, for I cannot really cram for english...
LOL i love waking up early in the morning and cramming, nothing beats cramming at 3am :p good luck in rest of exams, im sure u can bullshit ur way thru, its how i did the hsc :p:p

redruM said:
havent had my accg250, but i am certain i'll pass it. i havent done any study as yet for it (exam monday), no tutes no nothing. but the content is easy and something ihave come across in the pass.

maybe you were talking about accg200? i am sure i passed that.
yeh man sorry i was referring to acc200 coz i always saw on ur msn name accg 200 F :p good to hear u think u passed it...i am aware of its reputation :p

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Supra said:
LOL i love waking up early in the morning and cramming, nothing beats cramming at 3am :p good luck in rest of exams, im sure u can bullshit ur way thru, its how i did the hsc :p:p

yeh man sorry i was referring to acc200 coz i always saw on ur msn name accg 200 F :p good to hear u think u passed it...i am aware of its reputation :p
cheers mate. :D

2 nights of solid learning (wont call it cramming, coz i didnt know anything prior to wed night) got me thru :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)