Is Tafe For The Dumb (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
wendus said:
i'm sorry, but
brains > manual labour
who earns more money, the businessman or the brick layer?
A sparky/plumber, would on average earn much more than a straight b.business graduate.

Trades rule.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
i guess when you grow up in an elitist environment it's hard to see that side of things ...

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
She's (Wendus) right though. Society conditions us to think that without a University degree, you'd be worth nothing, which is far from the truth.

Schools haven't helped either. How many of us can say we haven't heard the all too fimiliar line: "If you don't study, you won't get into Uni. If you don't get into Uni, you'll be shit".

Matt Samson

HSC
wendus said:
i'm sorry, but
brains > manual labour
Plumbers are the best friend of doctors. If it was not for plumbers, we would have so many water borne diseases.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
wendus said:
so what are you studying? farm mechanics or general construction?
Web design at the moment. I did applied maths and computer science at ANU, but will be switching to nanotechnology next year at UoW, which is mostly physics and chemistry. I'll have to find some way to fit embedded and distributed computing courses into that.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's OK dude, the dip ed comes after. There's no way I can fit that all into an undergraduate degree though, man.

I still fully intend to put immature little saps like wendus in their place.

wendus said:
i'm sorry, but
brains > manual labour
Good question. These days it's probably the brick layer generally (though businessman is a very vague and overarching term). Certainly, as the population ageing trend worsens, the skills shortage will likewise worsen and consequently the trades will enjoy continually increasing salaries.

Last edited:

wendus

krawr.
HSC
impressif

EDIT: immature little sap? excuse me? i take back my impressif comment.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
That's probably for the best since there's no such word as 'impressif'.

HSC
Evilo said:
TAFE for you mate.
EPIC LOL.

OP - yes, TAFE is generally for people who are stupid or couldn't be bothered studying at highschool etc.

The lame responses that many people are saying in regards to TAFE being essential for society are correct - you need people who are gonna be doing the lower paying jobs (overall - yes I do know that plumbers and electricians can be well paid so don't even bother refuting)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
mythical chaos said:
EPIC LOL.

OP - yes, TAFE is generally for people who are stupid or couldn't be bothered studying at highschool etc.

The lame responses that many people are saying in regards to TAFE being essential for society are correct - you need people who are gonna be doing the lower paying jobs (overall - yes I do know that plumbers and electricians can be well paid so don't even bother refuting)
THANKYOU.

HSC
Wtf is it that everytime someone says anything remotely non-egalitarian they have to get slammed into, despite the validity of their arguement?

- You can't criticise another religion, despite its theological flaws without being accused of 'theological imperialism'

- I recently saw a member of this forum get accused of racism as he claimed to dislike international students because it frustrated him that he was forced to work with them for group assignments despite the fact they could barely speak or write english (a rather valid arguement)

- Here a handful of people are getting criticised for badmouthing Tafe as 'dumb' - yes people go to tafe for alternate reasons but as I argued earlier the majority of people doing brick laying/plumbing would be doing so because academia is not where their talent lies (which primarily is an indicator of intelligence).

Edit: Plus Wendus goes to North Sydney Girls, she's quite obviously intelligent.

Last edited:

Matt Samson

HSC
I know plenty of intelligent people who attend TAFE.

Being able to have a conversation about "postmodernism" and all that other crap doesn't mean you're intelligent. Just means you have so much time to waste researching something that is of no value to anyone outside university.

zvyx

HSC
because the internets is usually divided into a)people who are politically correct, and b)people who are normally politically correct but don't hesitate to present their real opinions online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)