Is the University of Western Sydney really as bad as people make it out to be? (1 Viewer)

Trajan

HSC
wrong_turn said:
you dont understand.

you have a university academic transcript - uni grades
you might have a supplementary transcript - extracuricular activities at uni
you will have a uai which will be sent to you via a letter in the post from i think uac.
there is your resume and cv
you might need to fill in a online quiz or similar for the application process.

eg of firms who require uai, macq bank
Oh so you're talking from actual experience?

Like, you've applied for grad positions and stuff?

ok , so you're saying they still look at your uai even after you've been through uni?

If that's the case I have absolutely no problem with telling them my UAI.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha not from my experience but from i ask all my friends from who are graduating, have grad jobs, applied for grad and vacation jobs.

and as i am also graduating next year then now is the time to start being informed.

they do look at your uai, im not sure why but i guess to see whether you are capable in their eyes.

Trajan

HSC
wrong_turn said:
and as i am also graduating next year then now is the time to start being informed.

they do look at your uai, im not sure why but i guess to see whether you are capable in their eyes.
Like I said before, bring it on!

UAI, WAM, GPA.....IT'S all good babay!!!

WannaBang?

HSC
lizziegirl said:
no i dont agree - i think it boils down to how u present urself at the interview.
When a firm advertises a job they may have available, 100s of people apply. The firm collects all resumes from all applicants and starts the sifting process. As soon as the firm spots that you went to UWS, your resume will be put straight into the circular file (the bin), and the USyd and UNSW graduate's resumes will actually be read. Seems a little unfair huh? It's a dog-eat-dog world i suppose.

WannaBang?

HSC
BigPole said:
I go to UWS, and it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Some people are quite intelligent, while others are forced/coerced to be there by parents/family. However the majority of people there are laid back, unlike in other Unis where most people are narcissistic, condescending and basically up themselves. I enjoy UWS, I study Psychology there (but looking to get into Law) and UWS has one of the best Psychology departments.

No, I'm not a spokesperson for UWS, Hah!.
Which campus are you currently studying at?

HSC
WannaBang? said:
When a firm advertises a job they may have available, 100s of people apply. The firm collects all resumes from all applicants and starts the sifting process. As soon as the firm spots that you went to UWS, your resume will be put straight into the circular file (the bin), and the USyd and UNSW graduate's resumes will actually be read. Seems a little unfair huh? It's a dog-eat-dog world i suppose.
Wow, who guessed someone who hasn't even finished high school would be an expert on this sort of thing ?

WannaBang?

HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Wow,who guessed someone who hasn't even finished high school would be an expert on this sort of thing ?
Mate, you don't have to do something to know about it. I haven't been to space, yet I can tell you there is no gravity up there and there are other planets apart from Earth. Right?

P.S. I could also tell you there are aliens up there, but some choose to not believe me.

Last edited:
G

Gavvvvvin

yea m8 eye grau8ed from uws 2 years ago and have been on the dole ever since so yea

WannaBang?

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
yea m8 eye grau8ed from uws 2 years ago and have been on the dole ever since so yea
HAHAHA! I'm praying to God this post was a joke!

HSC
WannaBang? said:
Mate, you don't have to do something to know about it. I haven't been to space, yet I can tell you there is no gravity up there and there are other planets apart from Earth. Right?

P.S. I could also tell you there are aliens up there, but some choose to not believe me.
Gravity ? Damn.
Did you discover that yourself ?

P.S Everybody knows about the aliens.
Duh.

G

Gavvvvvin

WannaBang? said:
I think the work "dickhead" would be more suitable.
Says the person who goes by the name "WannaBang?" and has a picture of some kid feeding two kangaroos fucking each other up the ass.

WannaBang?

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Says the person who goes by the name "WannaBang?" and has a picture of some kid feeding two kangaroos fucking each other up the ass.
Mate, read my signature.

G

Gavvvvvin

I have signatures turned off so I dont have to read any additional shit from people like you.

WannaBang?

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
I have signatures turned off so I dont have to read any additional shit from people like you.
Idiots like me? Have a look at your post. My signature = Any comments regarding the immaturity of my username and/or avatar should be directed to the "I don't give a fuck" folder.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
UWS..well depends which subjects your going to do. its full of dum kunts who couldnt get into the top uni's. but later on they study and become smart kunts and transfer. but its a shit hole. some of me mates go there aint the end of the world...

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
WannaBang? said:
A good friend of mine just scored a grad position (from well over 2000 applicants) at NAB Capital and he wasnt from USYD/UNSW.

Cmon, if you're actually interested in knowing what qualities and personalities company's want from their grads you should know there is much much more to scoring a grad position than simply the uni you went to.

If you're not interested enough to do a bit of research, then your opinion is going to fall pretty flat. Hopefully a few more years experience and talking to some of the firms at expo's will make you a little wiser. Here's hoping.

WannaBang?

HSC
BigPole said:
I study at the Milperra/Bankstown campus at the moment, but if I do get into Law I'd have to go to either Campbelltown or Parramatta.
With the Arts degree, what sort of career oppurtunities are available to graduates?

Last edited:

WannaBang?

HSC
BigPole said:
It depends what you major in, my key program/major is Psychology, so after completing B arts (Psych) + honors (total 4 years), then go and complete your 2 years masters you'll be a registered Psychologist (so 6 years in total). You can also do teaching by completing 3 years B arts, then do your 1 years Masters of teaching in either secondary or primary.

Other opportunities include (according to UAC) "administration, teaching (with further study), writer/author, journalist, politician, diplomat, linguist, community planner, librarian, cultural and public policy analyst/adviser, researcher, public relations practitioner, historian and heritage and museum consultant, curator, and work in information technology and the media, entertainment, leisure and tourism industries, non-government organisations and community-based industries, social policy development. Graduates with appropriate unit sequences may go on to a teacher education award".
So you can actually major in one of the topics you learn as part of the Arts degree? Is law taught in the Arts degree?

WannaBang?

HSC
BigPole said:
In the actual course B Arts law isn't taught, you can only major in Psych, Islamic Studies, Humanities, Applied Humanities or Languages.

However there is always the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws degree where you need a 90 uai for, it is a double degree and takes 5 yrs to finish, some people in a few of my units do this course. There is also Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Economics and other courses, seperate to just BA on it's own.
What's involved in the humanities and the applied humanities subject?

Just to let you know, your comments are EXTREMELY appreciated! Thanks a heap!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)