JMP Interviews - 2016 Entry (1 Viewer)

A1P

HSC
Hi, with the UNE interview offers do they give you an interview date yet?
Thanks

running31

HSC
They won't be on the same day for everyone... mines at the end of november

bangladesh

HSC
I'd say because by the time they got to S1=60 all Newcastle slots had been allocated.
It's completely random lol. The only thing is whether you're interstate or not.

A1P

HSC
It's completely random lol.
Why did they ask us to tick the box for preferred interview location then?

They teach future doctors, got to be smarter than asking for no reason :)

samwr

HSC
Is there any reason I didn't get one I got 92%tile with s1=63

bangladesh

HSC
Why did they ask us to tick the box for preferred interview location then?

They teach future doctors, got to be smarter than asking for no reason :)
They obvsly have a capacity at each university so some people won't get what they have put as their first preference. They ask because the majority WILL get their preferred locations.

Last edited:

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
Are you fucking srs man. They obvsly have a capacity at each university so some people won't get what they have put as their first preference. They ask because the majority WILL get their preferred locations.
I think they were confused since you said it was completely random. I assume what you meant is that it's still luck of the draw as to whether you get your preferred location or not.

LittleBirdCage

HSC
All UoN people are still awaiting theirs. I got 83 in S1 and still don't have mine yet.
Hi sn1p
You have high ATAR from 2014. Did you get med offers in 2014?
Which places you apply this year? I ask because I wondering which place still take studant who no longer current HSC studant for medicine study.
You having very good UMAT result, so should be having many offer from every place.
Do UAdel take studant already do some Universty studying?

LBC

sn1p

HSC
Hi sn1p
You have high ATAR from 2014. Did you get med offers in 2014?
Which places you apply this year? I ask because I wondering which place still take studant who no longer current HSC studant for medicine study.
You having very good UMAT result, so should be having many offer from every place.
Do UAdel take studant already do some Universty studying?

LBC
So the thing is, my section 2 was <50 so UWS (when once upon a time it was still called UWS), UoN/UNE and Monash straight up said nah. UNSW I got an interview for but I kinda ballsed it up too. In the end I got offers for Griffith and UQ so I picked UQ since unbonded>not knowing bonded/unbonded even though it's an extra year. This year I've applied to all the NSW undergrad unis because they all take non-school leavers. No idea about UAdel though because I never applied last year and I haven't applied this year either.

running31

HSC
So the thing is, my section 2 was <50 so UWS (when once upon a time it was still called UWS), UoN/UNE and Monash straight up said nah. UNSW I got an interview for but I kinda ballsed it up too. In the end I got offers for Griffith and UQ so I picked UQ since unbonded>not knowing bonded/unbonded even though it's an extra year. This year I've applied to all the NSW undergrad unis because they all take non-school leavers. No idea about UAdel though because I never applied last year and I haven't applied this year either.
Hey what do you think of UQ? Is it a good social life? Do you stay in a residential college?

sn1p

HSC
Hey what do you think of UQ? Is it a good social life? Do you stay in a residential college?
UQ has a reaaaaaaally sweet main campus - looks better than all the NSW unis haha. As for social life, it's only as good as you make it. Some of my friends barely do anything in terms of social/clubs, others are pretty out there (in a good way of course), and I'm somewhere in between. I stay in a shifty Asian sharehouse with a pretty good location and good transport for everything except buses to uni.

LittleBirdCage

HSC
Oh so you already in Med then? This fantsatic. You WAM must be good for NSW Univsity right? You so lucky you apply all places last year and get UQ. Even if no make UNSW or UoN you still be doctor. I wish I in your shose.

LittleBirdCage

HSC
Oh so you already in Med then? This fantsatic. You WAM must be good for NSW Univsity right? You so lucky you apply all places last year and get UQ. Even if no make UNSW or UoN you still be doctor. I wish I in your shose.

sn1p

HSC
Not quite. UQ's offer is for a provisional place in its graduate med program, provided I can maintain a credit average throughout my first degree. This means I'm still free to apply to undergrad unis as just another non-school leaver rather than trying to apply for a transfer. I have no idea what my WAM is, nor do I have any idea what UNSW will do to calculate my WAM or ATAR equivalent. Just hoping to maintain a 7 average so I have a good shot at it.

running31

HSC
UQ has a reaaaaaaally sweet main campus - looks better than all the NSW unis haha. As for social life, it's only as good as you make it. Some of my friends barely do anything in terms of social/clubs, others are pretty out there (in a good way of course), and I'm somewhere in between. I stay in a shifty Asian sharehouse with a pretty good location and good transport for everything except buses to uni.
That's so cool!
hahahahaha "shifty Asian sharehouse"
I am thinking seriously about UQ... I am thinking about staying at the Womens college or Johns college. Do you know anything about them? Also, what is your undergraduate degree? Are you enjoying it?? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)