JMP Interviews - 2016 Entry (1 Viewer)

A1P

HSC
I've seen that being thrown around for a few years now but I've never seen a statement from the university personally that substantiates it.
The JMP website states
"The JMP Assessment has two parts: 1. Personal Qualities Assessment (PQA) and 2. Multiple Skills Assessment (MSA)"

If we don't see ATAR & UMAT mentioned in Assessment anywhere else then it's quite clear they are not included.

sn1p

HSC
Got the UoN offer in the mail today, but it's at 8:30 am though =='

hscmathematics

HSC
The JMP website states
"The JMP Assessment has two parts: 1. Personal Qualities Assessment (PQA) and 2. Multiple Skills Assessment (MSA)"

If we don't see ATAR & UMAT mentioned in Assessment anywhere else then it's quite clear they are not included.

Why though? "The Joint Medical Program's selection process includes an assessment of your personal qualities. Your personal qualities are just as important and influential to the learning and practice of medicine as your academic abilities."

The assessment refers to the assessment of personal qualities which is the MMI/PQA but it doesn't really say that final places will be awarded solely on the results of this.

Also: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/joint-...tion-process/assessment-of-personal-qualities

UMAT is mentioned here.

Not saying you're wrong, just nothing clearly stated on the site.

bangladesh

HSC
Got the UoN offer in the mail today, but it's at 8:30 am though =='
You get there at 8:30 and it takes a while before they start usually. There's a little intro lecture thing telling you whats going to happen so by the time you get to MMI you're nice and awake haha (and hungry potentially lol)

bangladesh

HSC
Why though? "The Joint Medical Program's selection process includes an assessment of your personal qualities. Your personal qualities are just as important and influential to the learning and practice of medicine as your academic abilities."

The assessment refers to the assessment of personal qualities which is the MMI/PQA but it doesn't really say that final places will be awarded solely on the results of this.

Also: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/joint-...tion-process/assessment-of-personal-qualities

UMAT is mentioned here.

Not saying you're wrong, just nothing clearly stated on the site.
Pretty sure its 100% based on interviews and they use S1 as tiebreaker if people have the same interview score so yeah.

A1P

HSC
UMAT is mentioned here.
Right there it says
"Depending on your UMAT test results, you may be invited to attend the Joint Medical Program Assessment."

That's all UMAT is used for, it is not mentioned again from the Interview/Assessment point on.

ManUpstairs

HSC
Woohoo! Received a letter from Newcastle for an interview

S1: 62
(S2 and S3 are over 50)

Overall UMAT Percentile was 82.

Non-rural, school leaver from NSW.

My session starts at 8:30am so I may have to travel to Newcastle the night before.
Does anyone know any good/cheap places to stay which are relatively close to UoN?

Last edited:

Medman

HSC
Pretty sure its 100% based on interviews and they use S1 as tiebreaker if people have the same interview score so yeah.
As far as I know it is 100% based on interviews. Also there is speculation the PQA may screen out students who give inconsistent answers.

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
Since I haven't received one but my friends have, i'm assuming 58 was way too low. Any chance for second round interviews?

MissE

HSC
N/A
Got my interview offer today :D
Non-standard, rural.
S1 60, 95th percentile.
UWS interviews are the same week, I really want a JMP spot so I'm glad it's on the Friday. UWS can be a practice run! (Wouldn't say no to a spot there, though)

loveallaround

HSC
Congratulations to everyone getting the interviews! I'm quite nervous as I didn't get one yet but I live in WA so maybe that has something to do with it... has anyone else from WA received theirs by any chance ?

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations to everyone getting the interviews! I'm quite nervous as I didn't get one yet but I live in WA so maybe that has something to do with it... has anyone else from WA received theirs by any chance ?
What was your S1 score? Also WA is far away, so if you have a 60+ score you should receive one within next few days.

spas579

HSC
Yay! Super excited as I got mine today for UoN.

S1: 60, 86%ile overall

Non-rural, Non-standard.

loveallaround

HSC
What was your S1 score? Also WA is far away, so if you have a 60+ score you should receive one within next few days.
I got s1 score of 67, UMAT 94%ile overall, above 50 in every section. That should be... enough right *writes with trembling hands

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
Could someone please confirm?
Lowest score in the past 3 ish years was 59, doubt it would be any lower. Also, 58 sits at about 80th%ill for S1 and they based of guestimates interview 85th%ill+. Though there may be lots of people who don't meet other requirments this time around so we might get lucky?

spas579

HSC
I got s1 score of 67, UMAT 94%ile overall, above 50 in every section. That should be... enough right *writes with trembling hands
That should be more than enough. Just give it a few more days. Auspost takes a while when its interstate.

mynameiscool

HSC
Lowest score in the past 3 ish years was 59, doubt it would be any lower. Also, 58 sits at about 80th%ill for S1 and they based of guestimates interview 85th%ill+. Though there may be lots of people who don't meet other requirments this time around so we might get lucky?
here's hoping! Haven't heard of anyone with a S1 <60 with a UoN interview yet though

flyingdoctor

HSC
Could someone please confirm?
Are you rural? If so, 58 will be enough. Cut off for rural has Been just above s1 50 the past three years. I suspect that rural offers are taking a while to be received and that's why we are not seeing <60 offers yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)