Lecturer Quotes (2 Viewers)

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
the history lecturer today was like, "so the idea of this essay is to throw you all into the ocean. and yes, some of you will drown"
lolwhut.

I was in that lecture :).

Other gems from this guy include his many tales of Florence's cafes, why academics Know More Than You Do About Life and many pointless, pointless Youtube videos. Also he likes to use the word pedagogical. A lot.

And he likes to tell us all about the books he's written :uhoh:.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Arts/Law. I do History, German and Government subjects ... 20th century Euro history next semester? I am.

What course do you do?

Ben1220

HSC
"I still don't know how to divide by zero"
"Wolfram Alpha, it's like google for nerds"

-Proves a theorem
"That's amazing!!"

"The goal in life isn't to get perfect marks, it's to get more marks than anyone else."

-Tries to find a bijection from the natural numbers to the reals (Cantor's diagonal argument - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
"No matter how many beers you've had, you can't make it work"

"A proof is never complete until you have your $100"
"One of the most important points in life is to be lazy"
"Don't ever trust me"
"What's the first thing you should do when you get a problem? Panic!"

HSC
chem lecturer doing a demonstration, he dims the lights, turns on a light shining up from under the bench, stands over it in front of a huge conical flask, and holds up 2 other conical flasks with chemicals in them, about to pour them in....... when he stops and says "its moments like these that i remember why i became a scientist"

maths lecturer after going through the proof of the most simple integration stuff we learn in yr 11 or whenever we first start integration........ "now thats a really profound idea"

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)